ADVERTISEMENT

Not to get socio-political, but...

I have a lot more understanding for high school and college athletes that are XXY and certainly wouldn't begrudge them competing in the gender they choose. That said, what percent of the high estimate (6M) of the general populace are high school and college athletes? That number has to be pretty small, so if one looks at the low estimate (60K) of the general populace, it's downright miniscule. As such, I don't feel that XXY student athletes are really the main issue here...it's the transitioned athletes and personal choice that is becoming the genuine problem. And as other's have mentioned, XX athletes need to step up and take a stand before the whole of women's atheletics becomes a sad joke.

Reactions: mikalalas
There is not a shred of evidence it is genetic.

We've had examples of identical twins where one is gay and one isn't. That is bs to consider it to be a DNA issue.
For a long time there wasn’t evidence that the earth was round. I thought O said the word “if” and the word “future”. I hold out the possibility that could be the case.as I think it would be dumb and stupid for men and woman to choose to be gay and choose to discriminated against .

So there are probably several possibilities why people are gay. One of my closest friends his daughter’s friends are all gay men. Great kids, don’t offer any harm to society . Talked to them at a party one time, asked them when they knew they were different and when they liked beings of the same sex. Each of them said before 10 they knew.

So really there are four or five answers why there has been homosexuality since the dawn of time .

1) In some circles they are simply deviants . Perves if you will .

2) In some circles God made imperfect beings.

3) Some circles they choose a lifestyle that leads to discrimination because they are political and want to destroy the good ole U S of A.

4) There is a gene that we haven’t seen, studied , or come across that explains why these kids know at a young age what their sexual orientation is . And say there is a 20% chance this is the case , but we find out it is the case, what does it say about those who have discriminated against those who are in same aex relationshios .

Feel free to pick a reason or come up with one of your own.

I have a lot more understanding for high school and college athletes that are XXY and certainly wouldn't begrudge them competing in the gender they choose. That said, what percent of the high estimate (6M) of the general populace are high school and college athletes? That number has to be pretty small, so if one looks at the low estimate (60K) of the general populace, it's downright miniscule. As such, I don't feel that XXY student athletes are really the main issue here...it's the transitioned athletes and personal choice that is becoming the genuine problem. And as other's have mentioned, XX athletes need to step up and take a stand before the whole of women's atheletics becomes a sad joke.
I think I’ve told this story here, but in my senior year my school couldn’t field a baseball team, so me and another guy asked if we could play on the girls softball team. We were flatly denied because this would give our school “a competitive advantage “ (clearly they hadn’t seen me hit).

Today, all I’d have to do is say I identify as a woman, and they wouldn’t be able to get me a uniform fast enough. Probably wouldn’t even matter if there was a baseball team or not.

For a long time there wasn’t evidence that the earth was round. I thought O said the word “if” and the word “future”. I hold out the possibility that could be the case.as I think it would be dumb and stupid for men and woman to choose to be gay and choose to discriminated against .

So there are probably several possibilities why people are gay. One of my closest friends his daughter’s friends are all gay men. Great kids, don’t offer any harm to society . Talked to them at a party one time, asked them when they knew they were different and when they liked beings of the same sex. Each of them said before 10 they knew.

So really there are four or five answers why there has been homosexuality since the dawn of time .

1) In some circles they are simply deviants . Perves if you will .

2) In some circles God made imperfect beings.

3) Some circles they choose a lifestyle that leads to discrimination because they are political and want to destroy the good ole U S of A.

4) There is a gene that we haven’t seen, studied , or come across that explains why these kids know at a young age what their sexual orientation is . And say there is a 20% chance this is the case , but we find out it is the case, what does it say about those who have discriminated against those who are in same aex relationshios .

Feel free to pick a reason or come up with one of your own.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT GAYS. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT GENDER DYSPHORIA MENTAL DISORDER TRANSGENDERS THAT HAVE PENISES,(MALES), or that have VAGINA's(Females)

Talking about gays has ZERO relevancy to the talking about the GENDER DYSPHORIA MENTAL DISORDER TRANSGENDERS THAT HAVE PENISES(MALES), that are WRONGFULLY using the VAGINA(Female bathrooms), and VAGINA(Female) lockerooms, dressing rooms, and Vagina(Female) sports, and that are ENDANGERING FEMALES.

As i have said before , I don’t think the XX athletes have this high on their list of priorities. And would be my guess there are less than 100 trans athletes nationwide .

Whether i agree or disagree with the transitioning before 18 years of age, I don’t think it is high on the list if their concerns .

Wait - millions? I don't think I buy that. Where are you getting that figure?
From the people who'd advocate for such things. Like all pundits who have an agenda to push, the statistic includes a wide array of sexual characteristics that the lay person would not consider to be "intersex", such as non-cosmetically appealing genitalia.

Fuzzy numbers

In this article the go as far to admit that they dismiss narrowly defined definition for... reasons. Basically stigmas and all that emotional bullshit.

I wonder... if there were a sudden and dramatic rise in another birth defect, say kids born without a certain appendage (arm, leg, fingers...), do you think the medical community would be as cavalier about not addressing the root cause and simply champion an effort for acceptance of appendage-deficient citizens?

Let's be real: the medical community has given up on treating gender dysphoria because they don't know how or what to do about it. I guarantee you that if you gave an anonymous survey the healthcare professionals would overwhelmingly agree with that point, and that if there was a magic wand they could wave to make a patient with a dick feel comfortable with having a dick, they would do it.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT GAYS. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT GENDER DYSPHORIA MENTAL DISORDER TRANSGENDERS THAT HAVE PENISES,(MALES), or that have VAGINA's(Females)

Talking about gays has ZERO relevancy to the talking about the GENDER DYSPHORIA MENTAL DISORDER TRANSGENDERS THAT HAVE PENISES(MALES), that are WRONGFULLY using the VAGINA(Female bathrooms), and VAGINA(Female) lockerooms, dressing rooms, and Vagina(Female) sports, and that are ENDANGERING FEMALES.
I don't think using the term "mental disorder transgenders" is depicting these situations accurately.

In THIS case (uw volleyball player) do you think this "gal" is mentally "disordered" when "she" identified this way in grade school?

Sure it does...need me to explain how?

Nope.

You come with a number like that and you better have citations. They have zero.
The accurqcy of these estimates isn't really relevant to this discussion.

My point was that this condition DOES in fact exist. My point was that sex/gender isn't strictly binary. This condition helps to demonstrate that.

There are these (albeit rare) syndromes out there (Turner, Kleinfelter) that also puncture holes in the black and white statements of There being clearly just 2 sexes.

Any trait that is cited to demonstrate someone is either a dude or a chick breaks down at some level. It isn't simply chromosomes or genitalia or uterus or testicle or ovaries or facial hair or muscle-mass or attraction, etc, etc. Taihtsat

According to the Cleveland Clinic there is this:

Estimated 1 in 100 Americans. Wouldn't that be about 3.3 million?
Their definition seems to be on the very broad end of the spectrum, but they don’t provide examples that are very descriptive.

Any trait that is cited to demonstrate someone is either a dude or a chick breaks down at some level. It isn't simply chromosomes or genitalia or uterus or testicle or ovaries or facial hair or muscle-mass or attraction, etc, etc. TaTaihtsatCongrats,
Congrats, you've just earned your advanced liberal merit badge for redefinition.

And now we can all claim to be intersexed, hoorah!!! What do I get?

Reactions: mikalalas
Trans dudes or women or however you're supposed to refer to them have ended the careers of two separate bio-female players after the jumped over the 7" lower net and spiked the ball so hard into the females' faces they were forced to retire due to concussion.

I'd post links, but I'm being lazy today - google that shit.
Bleed.....I really don't have have a dog in the fight. I don't get the energy spent over 100 trans high school kids but that's where we are.

If things will change it will be the women who want it to change...not me, you or anyone that looks like us.

What I would offer to you example is those injuries you described are very likely to happen even if a female had done it. My daughter soccer teammate was taken out in 8th grade by a dirty play by a defender and the kid tore her ACL as a 13 year old.

My daughter's hoops teammate had to quit playing hoops because of concussions. Her last one came when she went up for a lay up and the defender lighter blocked the shot and hit her in the head. I can go on and on about injuries. My daughter tore her ACL early her junior year jumping up for a header...and she had headed the ball three times in her life. My guess in terms of a lot of these injuries' are the kids are exposing themselves to so much more time and there is wear and tear on their bodies. My youngest started playing AAU in two sports in 4th grade. And her body finally took a hit with a total ACL in her junior year....so with respect to your comment I would love to know their concussion history. Reminds me of Hillinski when it was the one hit against Arizona that caused the damage. IN the story you told there could be additional information needed that may give some context.

Congrats, you've just earned your advanced liberal merit badge for redefinition.

And now we can all claim to be intersexed, hoorah!!! What do I get?
Not my research or designation. I don't get to make these calls. Sorry, this seems to just be a case science and the best available evidence.

People clearly don't have to like it, but they should at least acknowledge it. Taihtsat

I don't think using the term "mental disorder transgenders" is depicting these situations accurately.

In THIS case (uw volleyball player) do you think this "gal" is mentally "disordered" when "she" identified this way in grade school?

The GUY was born with, still has a PENIS, is biologically a Male, and thinks he is a female.

The American Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Scientist have scientifically diagnosed, labeled that as being, having. GENDER DYSPHORIA MENTAL DISORDER.

If you think that you are a Horse or a airplane or a car, or opposite sex that you really are, and you truly, really believe that, then likewise the people that IDENTIFY as a Horse, animal, airplane, car, opposite sex of that they really are, etc, instead of the Biological Male Human Being that they are, are delusional, have a mental disorder, etc.

Now if they want to think, pretend, have fantasies, delusions, etc, that they are the opposite gender of what they really are, that they are a car, plane, train, horse, animal, etc, MORE POWER TO THEM.

But the rest of us don't have to play along, call you a she, when your a he, let you walk on freeway because you think your a car, let you into female bathrooms, lockerooms, female sports, etc.

If you want to tell, announce to everybody that your the opposite sex of what you really are, or that your a car, plane, train, horse, animal, that you are either that or identify as that, then MORE POWER TO YOU in doing that

But your still delusional, have a mental disorder, and still deny REALITY, SCIENCE, etc.

The GUY was born with, still has a PENIS, is biologically a Male, and thinks he is a female.

The American Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Scientist have scientifically diagnosed, labeled that as being, having. GENDER DYSPHORIA MENTAL DISORDER.

If you think that you are a Horse or a airplane or a car, or opposite sex that you really are, and you truly, really believe that, then likewise the people that IDENTIFY as a Horse, animal, airplane, car, opposite sex of that they really are, etc, instead of the Biological Male Human Being that they are, are delusional, have a mental disorder, etc.

Now if they want to think, pretend, have fantasies, delusions, etc, that they are the opposite gender of what they really are, that they are a car, plane, train, horse, animal, etc, MORE POWER TO THEM.

But the rest of us don't have to play along, call you a she, when your a he, let you walk on freeway because you think your a car, let you into female bathrooms, lockerooms, female sports, etc.

If you want to tell, announce to everybody that your the opposite sex of what you really are, or that your a car, plane, train, horse, animal, that you are either that or identify as that, then MORE POWER TO YOU in doing that

But your still delusional, have a mental disorder, and still deny REALITY, SCIENCE, etc.
Tell me you haven't bothered to read up or follow up on any of the genetic abnormalities I posted about earlier without telling me you haven't.

Your post here says it all. Taihtsat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT