ADVERTISEMENT

NSD Over Early For Cougs - Both Expected Signings Are Complete

WSU has 4 or 5 captive years to create a culture of giving. What are they doing to farm their next alums???

Not a very good job, across the board. Specifically to athletics, and like you've said in the past, WSU didn't give two damns about its football program for 100 years....

When are they going to get two damns about fundraising?

The current admin could learn plenty of things from the past, good and bad alike, but so far the same wheel is spinning - fundraising efforts have been puny.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
You still dont know shit. You read my post and made up things I didnt say to reapond to. Youre a dope. Always have been, always will be. WSU is better off without you. Your wife agrees.

Biggs said: Want more donors???? Get more students. Grow the school to 40,000 kids or more.

I responded to exactly what you said (above). Oh, and F-you asshole. Fat piece of shit.

Consistent winning over a long period of time cures a lot of ills...it helps fan participation, alumni support, student athlete recruitment, political support for facilities...you could add a few things to this list yourself. We are just now getting to the point that we should benefit in all of these areas over the next few years. And the increase in WA state population means that instead of 10-12 true PAC level kids per year 20 years ago, we probably are consistently over 15 kids per year now and occasionally hit 20....depending upon who is doing the evaluating.

Keep the right guy coaching; show his staff that they are upwardly mobile and serving time with him in Pullman leads to good things for their career; make sure that there is a track record of winning for recruits to see; and over time we will be accepted as a good program.

Our class is just fine. A long list of 3 star players. Shit take a look at our recent 4 star players. How many are still here? Or have thrived? Our one 4 star receiver left and is where now? Community college?

I'll take our high quality young men over the other guys any day of the week.

Good point about our higher level recruits. Here are the list of 5.7 or higher recruits from 2013-2017 according to rivals:

Tyler Bruggman (left without contributing)
Ivan McLellan (juco transfer - did well)
Daquawn Brown (good player but dismissed after sophomore season)
Paulo Lepua (never enrolled?)

Keith Harrington (backup player)

Thomas Toki (academics derailed him)
Tyler Hilinski (was going to be a great one?)
Hunter Dale (solid performer)
Kameron Powell (left without contributing)

Mason Vinyard (no impact so far)
Isaiah Johnson (good while he was here but proved to be a prima donna and he bailed)

Anthony White Jr. (dismissed from team)
Jamire Calvin (good one so far)
Connor Neville (appears to be a bust)
Kelle Sanders (went to juco)
Joshua Talbott (dismissed from team)

I didn't include 2018 because it's too soon to judge them. I didn't include 2012 because it was Leach's first class. Not counting Hilinski, we've had 15 players in five years that were 5.7 or above. Of those 15, three of them (McLellan, Dale and Calvin) did well in their time at WSU and finished without issues or are still contributing. In any given class, only about 8 out of 25 players are going to end up being long term starters. Even if we were to assume that Hilinski would have been a two year starter, that would only yield a 25% success rate from our higher level recruits. Brown and Johnson-Mack would have helped that, but unfortunately, ego or other issues derailed their WSU careers.

I haven't taken a look at the 5.6 rated guys, but the overall message from Loyal that our higher rated players haven't been the basis of our success is dead on accurate.

Reactions: Cougzz
Keith Harrington was a star on special teams. Yeah he was a serviceable back up at RB. But he was instrumental to the team as a leader. Don’t sell him short.

Neville is a bust? FU for so quickly counting him out. He’s engaged and doing well in his role as a Redshirt Freshman. You can’t possibly predict what is going to happen 3/4 years down the road. Injuries, growth etc.... you’re purposely trying to belittle any player to meet your argument.... Jamire Calvin (good so far?). WTF is that? good grief.

Reactions: ATACFD
Keith Harrington was a star on special teams. Yeah he was a serviceable back up at RB. But he was instrumental to the team as a leader. Don’t sell him short.

Neville is a bust? FU for so quickly counting him out. He’s engaged and doing well in his role as a Redshirt Freshman. You can’t possibly predict what is going to happen 3/4 years down the road. Injuries, growth etc.... you’re purposely trying to belittle any player to meet your argument.... Jamire Calvin (good so far?). WTF is that? good grief.

Going with the "FU" right out the gate? As far as Neville goes, my comment is based on the fact that when WSU travelled to away games......he didn't go but Cooper (a true freshman) did. If you know something I don't, it's fine, but everything that I've seen suggests that Neville isn't likely to start at WSU. Instead of going with "FU", maybe present some compelling evidence to the contrary. I'd be happy for Neville if he came out in the spring and kicked ass, but I don't see it happening.

On Calvin, you read waaaaaaaay too much into my comment. He's only had a chance to play one season, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far. It was not an indictment on the kid. Get your panties out of a knot, big boy.

Your response shows how poisonous this board can be. Too many people think every comment is some kind of a personal attack, even when it's not.

EDIT: Harrington did contribute on special teams and he was ok when he played, but he never lived up to the expectations that come with flirting with being a 4 star recruit. It says a lot when a true freshman comes in and takes your spot when you're a senior. He had 22 carries total in his final three seasons. I'm not hating on Harrington, but he didn't live up to the hype. Sorry if you don't like that.

Last edited:
It's fax.

There are actually quite a few industries that won't accept email/PDFs. Only faxes. I was the POA in an insurance case and dealt with dozens of doctors, insurance companies and, eventually, sorting out collections while insurance companies haggled over who was going to pay. Most of those would only take faxes.

Legislation hasn't caught up with technology.

Faxing while listening to my 8-track music...

Faxing while listening to my 8-track music...

• th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT