ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive numbers...

Or Dick Bennett to recruit a kid who really couldn't shoot. Yet the player I am thinking about was really effective. And I would challenge you to go back through every game and tell me how many turnovers were created , and how many low snaps versus dribblers were really there.
Too many.

A basketball player who can't shoot can still do useful things on the court. A pitcher who can't get the ball to his catcher, or a center who can't get the ball to his QB, not so much. That's why I chose those comparisons, not your irrelevant one.

You wanna go through Zack Williams tape to prove me right, be my guest. I already saw that crap show once, and don't need to refresh my memory, the way you apparently do.

Good work though, for a guy who said he was leaving two hours ago, welcome back.
I'd leave, but you keep saying stupid, easily disproven things, and letting you rattle on unchecked makes our whole fan base look worse.

Too many.

A basketball player who can't shoot can still do useful things on the court. A pitcher who can't get the ball to his catcher, or a center who can't get the ball to his QB, not so much. That's why I chose those comparisons, not your irrelevant one.

You wanna go through Zack Williams tape to prove me right, be my guest. I already saw that crap show once, and don't need to refresh my memory, the way you apparently do.
Don't need to, professionals have spoken. But just so you know, even with the bad snaps, his year won one more game than they did without him.

Don't need to, professionals have spoken. But just so you know, even with the bad snaps, his year won one more game than they did without him.
Yes, they have.

And they said, "Williams, you're cut!"

I'd leave, but you keep saying stupid, easily disproven things, and letting you rattle on unchecked makes our whole fan base look worse.
Worse than what? You want to argue about zero talent left behind when the facts show something else. You seem to take because Leach was left with talent means he sucks. Not true at all.

Last edited:
Worse than what? You want to argue about zero talent left behind when the facts show something else. You seem to take because he Leach was left with talent means he sucks. Not true at all.
A fan base who expects a center who can execute the center snap, rather than excuses for why he couldn't. Guys constantly getting cut, and going to play in exhibition tryouts aren't "facts" in your favor- they're continuing evidence to the contrary.

Also, the paragraph is gibberish. Please edit it to something comprehensible.

It's also brilliant that if Leach says something about the talent he inherited, Ed can go, "no, he's wrong", but if a random NFL scout gets a guy who demonstrably fails miserably, that's gospel, and the most accurate gauge of the players talent.

In essence, Ed's wisdom scale is:

Leach < Flat Earth Society < Wulff < Every NFL scout ever

Superior reasoning.

Yep...nor did a host of "other "offensive lineman. But I get it. What you are saying is they had the talent, they just didn't get the coaching. But here is a question, as a seventh rounder with holes, what holes did other lineman dating back to say 1990 that didn't get drafted in the seventh round, didn't get invited to camp, and didn't make a practice squad have?

Ummm... "As athletic as Williams was, if was as good as you think he was, he would still in the NFL playing." I said he was talented enough to get drafted. He is talented enough and did enough things in the games and the combines to get drafted.
Of course you think this and no, you don't get it. Why quit when you are behind? Plus, no. That is not what I said or meant about coaching. But sure, make this another referendum on your tired Wulff is misunderstood mantra. It was not bad coaching at WSU or Carolina that caused Williams ultimately to fail. He just was not good enough.

Ed, Players that are drafted in the first round have holes. Players drafted further down generally have more holes. Players drafted in the 7th generally have more holes than players drafted in the 1st. Undrafted players generally have more holes than players drafted in the 7th. But, nothing is 100%.

By the way Ed, your question is so broad it really doesn't make sense. There could be numerous things. Just off the top of my head: Arm length. Strength. Slow. Nonathletic. Injury concerns. Bad feet. Cannot learn. Doesn't like football. Off field concerns. It took me a minute to think this up. I could add more if I tried.

Another example is this years draft. The Seahawks took a mediocre NG, Krisjan Sokoli, from the U of Buffalo in the 6th round. They are moving him to center. There is no tape of him at the U of Buffalo doing the things that he will be asked to do as a center. Yet, the Seahawks drafted him late to take a chance on a fantastic athlete.

Of course you think this and no, you don't get it. Why quit when you are behind? Plus, no. That is not what I said or meant about coaching. But sure, make this another referendum on your tired Wulff is misunderstood mantra. It was not bad coaching at WSU or Carolina that caused Williams ultimately to fail. He just was not good enough.

Ed, Players that are drafted in the first round have holes. Players drafted further down generally have more holes. Players drafted in the 7th generally have more holes than players drafted in the 1st. Undrafted players generally have more holes than players drafted in the 7th. But, nothing is 100%.

By the way Ed, your question is so broad it really doesn't make sense. There could be numerous things. Just off the top of my head: Arm length. Strength. Slow. Nonathletic. Injury concerns. Bad feet. Cannot learn. Doesn't like football. Off field concerns. It took me a minute to think this up. I could add more if I tried.

Another example is this years draft. The Seahawks took a mediocre NG, Krisjan Sokoli, from the U of Buffalo in the 6th round. They are moving him to center. There is no tape of him at the U of Buffalo doing the things that he will be asked to do as a center. Yet, the Seahawks drafted him late to take a chance on a fantastic athlete.
A fan base who expects a center who can execute the center snap, rather than excuses for why he couldn't. Guys constantly getting cut, and going to play in exhibition tryouts aren't "facts" in your favor- they're continuing evidence to the contrary.

Also, the paragraph is gibberish. Please edit it to something comprehensible.
Some would argue the fan base would expect 4-8 to be the very lowest end of the win total. Not 3-9 twice. It also could be argued the fan base would EXPECT corners to be some where in the picture frame on TD after TD. But I digress to your level, my apologies. It is really simple Wulffui, you don't need to defend Leach. His record speaks for itself. But moving forward we will see if he has some adjustments to make, and if he will make them, or now that everyone understands his system to see if it will function more smoothly. Again, getting a new system, a new way of doing things takes its toll on 18-22 year old kids. But you don't have to make the excuse he had no talent when the evidence flies in the face of it. Seems to me a better and more plausible answer is a few mistakes we made, adjustments in the staff have been made, that the kids had new stuff to learn and that explains the slower than what we thought start. He has time. Plenty of time. He isn't going to be fired. And guess what, let's say WSU wasn't a good fit for whatever the reason. Maybe recruiting contacts, maybe lack of whatever, does that mean Leach is a failure and can't coach. Not at all. We will see over the course of two years if he can make it work with his players in his system.

It's also brilliant that if Leach says something about the talent he inherited, Ed can go, "no, he's wrong", but if a random NFL scout gets a guy who demonstrably fails miserably, that's gospel, and the most accurate gauge of the players talent.

In essence, Ed's wisdom scale is:

Leach < Flat Earth Society < Wulff < Every NFL scout ever

Superior reasoning.
Not my reasoning at all. Now we are three and 1/2 hours after "your out". Thanks for defensing something that doesn't need to be defended, and is quite frankly defenseless.

It is really simple ________, you don't need to defend _______. His record speaks for itself.

Match Game '74 time, guys. Fill in those blanks.

As the self appointed Richard Dawson on this panel, my card says "CougEd" and "Wulff".

Some would argue the fan base would expect 4-8 to be the very lowest end of the win total. Not 3-9 twice. It also could be argued the fan base would EXPECT corners to be some where in the picture frame on TD after TD. But I digress to your level, my apologies. It is really simple Wulffui, you don't need to defend Leach. His record speaks for itself. But moving forward we will see if he has some adjustments to make, and if he will make them, or now that everyone understands his system to see if it will function more smoothly. Again, getting a new system, a new way of doing things takes its toll on 18-22 year old kids. But you don't have to make the excuse he had no talent when the evidence flies in the face of it. Seems to me a better and more plausible answer is a few mistakes we made, adjustments in the staff have been made, that the kids had new stuff to learn and that explains the slower than what we thought start. He has time. Plenty of time. He isn't going to be fired. And guess what, let's say WSU wasn't a good fit for whatever the reason. Maybe recruiting contacts, maybe lack of whatever, does that mean Leach is a failure and can't coach. Not at all. We will see over the course of two years if he can make it work with his players in his system.
what the fan base expects is not relevant to the true talent level, or lack of talent. expectations by fans are usually way out of touch with reality. I find it interesting that you continue to use the "expectation" issue as a basis for your arguments, it means nothing

Ed, just stop. It is your opinion that Leach inherited a good roster. Yes, we know you believe this. But, the overwhelming majority does not. So, stop saying the evidence says otherwise. You cannot say it as a fact when it is an opinion.

what the fan base expects is not relevant to the true talent level, or lack of talent. expectations by fans are usually way out of touch with reality. I find it interesting that you continue to use the "expectation" issue as a basis for your arguments, it means nothing
Bingo LTC. Expectations are based on opinions. Opinions can be incomplete. Opinions can be overblown because we want it so bad.

So agree, the "expectation" means nothing.

Ed, just stop. It is your opinion that Leach inherited a good roster. Yes, we know you believe this. But, the overwhelming majority does not. So, stop saying the evidence says otherwise. You cannot say it as a fact when it is an opinion.
Is that what this thing was all about?! For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out...

Bingo LTC. Expectations are based on opinions. Opinions can be incomplete. Opinions can be overblown because we want it so bad.

So agree, the "expectation" means nothing.
Pot meet kettle. You sling your opinion around here all the time like it's fact...but its just your opinion. And a wrong one more often than not.

So take five guys...any five guys you want. Tell me why dozens and dozens of lineman didn't get a sniff at the NFL./
Match Game '74 time, guys. Fill in those blanks.

As the self appointed Richard Dawson on this panel, my card says "CougEd" and "Wulff".
Unlike genius, stupidity has no limits.
Biggs..what did you use to say on the board all the time. The measure of talent are the bodies that make it in to an NFL training camp...was that the quote?

Bullshit.
Ok...you are correct all the time. I think they have a Cougzone medal for you. And no I won't "Just stop it". When I swear like you just did, lose my temper or break board rules then I will either be forced to "stop it" or leave because I stooped to a level I wouldn't want to be.

Just because the majority of people believe there was no talent or a huge shortage of talent on the oline, doesn't make it right. I can think of many instances in life where the masses thought one way, and that they were on the wrong side of the coin.

Ok...you are correct all the time. I think they have a Cougzone medal for you. And no I won't "Just stop it". When I swear like you just did, lose my temper or break board rules then I will either be forced to "stop it" or leave because I stooped to a level I wouldn't want to be.

Just because the majority of people believe there was no talent or a huge shortage of talent on the oline, doesn't make it right. I can think of many instances in life where the masses thought one way, and that they were on the wrong side of the coin.
The FES rides again! Don't fall off the edge!

Honestly, Britton has done it as well. Nice to know that in addition to being infinitely wrong, you also are a whiner.

Honestly, Britton has done it as well. Nice to know that in addition to being infinitely wrong, you also are a whiner.
probably not a lot different than Smoking back in the day. Not whining about anything. Stating opinions. Just as you are. You don't like mine. I disagree with yours. Always have. But not once did I ever tell you to "stop" because I didn't agree with it. Oh those hearts and minds...

Pot meet kettle...again. You whine every time either one of us posts.
Everyone complains about the two of you. Get a clue. There are zero issues when you two go away. When either of you start posting, all goes to crap. Blame me, Biggs, Wulffui, DGibs, Yaki, etc. However, this place does not go down a hole unless you two show up. Wulff is seldom brought up and is never a discussion point unless you two show up.

probably not a lot different than Smoking back in the day. Not whining about anything. Stating opinions. Just as you are. You don't like mine. I disagree with yours. Always have. But not once did I ever tell you to "stop" because I didn't agree with it. Oh those hearts and minds...
Tell me to stop. If the overwhelming majority of people wanted me be gone, I would go.

The ironic thing is and you don't even remember this, as it was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, but we used to agree often.

Somewhere along the way, in my opinion, you lost your way. Many years ago, I used to look forward to what you had to say. You were interesting. Now, you are a one note player. Try to stop talking about Wulff or how Leach is a disappointment, even if someone makes a quick comment.

Try talking about how Marks may have a breakout year. Try talking about how you are intrigued to see Calvin Green's speed. Try talking about what you think the chances of Tapa or Toki contribute as freshman.

If I come across as frustrated with you, yeah....I am. Don't you get tired of rehashing the same subject for seven years now?

Pot meet kettle...again. You whine any time either one of us posts.
Everyone complains about the two of you. Get a clue. There are zero issues when you two go away. When either of you start posting, all goes to crap. Blame me, Biggs, Wulffui, DGibs, Yaki, etc. However, this place does not go down a hole unless you two show up. Wulff is seldom brought up and is never a discussion point unless you two show up.
Everyone complains because I don't share the opinion of the dungeons and dragons convention around here and I don't drink the kool aid.

You are welcome to create your own msg board where everyone joins hands around the fire and agrees on everything.

Everyone complains because I don't share the opinion of the dungeons and dragons convention around here and I don't drink the kool aid.

You are welcome to create your own msg board where everyone joins hands around the fire and agrees on everything.
It's funny that Mr. "How Dare You Make Fun Of The Idiotic Thing I Said!" takes issue with other people complaining about him.

Reactions: YakiCoug
The amount of stupidity from CougEd is hilarious.

"3-9 twice"....Ed talks about expectations...Well since Ed has a selective memory...

Number of 3 win seasons.

Mike Price - 4
Walden - 4
Leach - 2

How Walden start out at WSU? 3-7-1, 3-8 the first two years.
Mike Price? 6-5, 3-8, 4-7

But only 1 Coach in our history won 5 games in 3 years.... Paul Wulff

So when it comes to expectations...CougEd has ZERO idea about our own history. Has complete hypocrisy when it comes to the judgement of our current coach, and a delusional warped borderline special needs comprehension/understanding of what Wulff actually did.

Since there was all this talk about NFL players...

Number of players recruited/coached by Leach in the NFL

Leach - 15

Number of players - 7 from Wulff - Tuel, Long, Fullington, Cooper. Pole, WIlson, Bucannon

And letting Pole and Cooper who spent 3 years with Leach, Bucanon 2 years be "credited" to ole Wulff is generous...

In the last two years under Leach we have had more people make NFL rosters than in the last decade. When was the last time we had 2 players drafted? 2007 - Frampton and Jason Hill. That had ZERO to do with Wulff at all, and yet 4 years with the ole Wulff....Ed talks about the Genius in developing Zach Williams...

Zach Williams now a player for the Las Vegas Outlaws...who back in 2010 under the incredible Paul Wulff school of offensive line was "center Zack Williams, "embarrassed" by the trajectory of his shotgun snaps against Arizona, put in extra time on it Wednesday."

But hey CougEd talks about opinions... so let's see what an outside 3rd party has to say CougEd...

#18 on Athlon's college footballs worst tenures in the BCS era... You guessed it Paul Wulff

Pacifictakes has old Wulff as the #3 worst Pac-12 coaches in the past 25 years...

With a quote from a player he recruited "Connor Halliday recently quipped about how the guys on Wulff's WSU squads couldn't have started for good high school teams, and while Halliday was exaggerating, his statements are a testament to just how bad Wulff's teams were. "

Oh but wait CougEd... THERE IS MORE.... Here ole Wulff is #1... In the worst BCS teams since the BCS Era began..

Indiana? Illinois? What about Wake Forest? Nope...we have Wulff to thank for that...but his gift to us of course didn't keep giving... we made the list twice... also at #14 for his 2009 team.

So please Ed...when you wonder why everyone with a reasonable IQ above 70 thinks your posts on here are complete trash unfounded with any shred of real intelligence....you have no one to blame but yourself...and of course Paul Wulff....

There are many people who don't want to be the doormat for the Pac-12 which Wulff worked so hard to make us.

They like the fact that the new coach took us to a bowl game...Has our recruiting to the highest levels we've had in a decade, getting multiple people drafted, beating USC and Arizona at their own home, and breaking NCAA records in the process... They like the fact that we are climbing out of the grave that Wulff put us in....and they also can see a hypocritical douchebag like yourself come on here continually trying to shovel dirt on the program...don't act suprised if they don't like you or respond well to that.

I don't complain about them. It's like hoping a dog can write a letter. The dog and it's efforts are both cute and harmless, but if you go in knowing you're not going to get a finished letter, you can be amused for what it is.

Is that what you think? The same argument has been rehashed going on seven years and you think it is about Kool Aid?

"3-9 twice"....Ed talks about expectations...Well since Ed has a selective memory...

Number of 3 win seasons.

Mike Price - 4
Walden - 4
Leach - 2

So when it comes to expectations...CougEd has ZERO idea about our own history. Has complete hypocrisy when it comes to the judgement of our current coach, and a delusional warped borderline special needs comprehension/understanding of what Wulff actually did.

Leach - 15

Number of players - 7 from Wulff - Tuel, Long, Fullington, Cooper. Pole, WIlson, Bucannon

And letting Pole and Cooper who spent 3 years with Leach, Bucanon 2 years be "credited" to ole Wulff is generous...

In the last two years under Leach we have had more people make NFL rosters than in the last decade. When was the last time we had 2 players drafted? 2007 - Frampton and Jason Hill. That had ZERO to do with Wulff at all, and yet 4 years with the ole Wulff....Ed talks about the Genius in developing Zach Williams...

Zach Williams now a player for the Las Vegas Outlaws...who back in 2010 under the incredible Paul Wulff school of offensive line was "center Zack Williams, "embarrassed" by the trajectory of his shotgun snaps against Arizona, put in extra time on it Wednesday."

But hey CougEd talks about opinions... so let's see what an outside 3rd party has to say CougEd...

#18 on Athlon's college footballs worst tenures in the BCS era... You guessed it Paul Wulff

Pacifictakes has old Wulff as the #3 worst Pac-12 coaches in the past 25 years...

With a quote from a player he recruited "Connor Halliday recently quipped about how the guys on Wulff's WSU squads couldn't have started for good high school teams, and while Halliday was exaggerating, his statements are a testament to just how bad Wulff's teams were. "

Oh but wait CougEd... THERE IS MORE.... Here ole Wulff is #1... In the worst BCS teams since the BCS Era began..

Indiana? Illinois? What about Wake Forest? Nope...we have Wulff to thank for that...but his gift to us of course didn't keep giving... we made the list twice... also at #14 for his 2009 team.

So please Ed...when you wonder why everyone with a reasonable IQ above 70 thinks your posts on here are complete trash unfounded with any shred of real intelligence....you have no one to blame but yourself...and of course Paul Wulff....

There are many people who don't want to be the doormat for the Pac-12 which Wulff worked so hard to make us.

They like the fact that the new coach took us to a bowl game...Has our recruiting to the highest levels we've had in a decade, getting multiple people drafted, beating USC and Arizona at their own home, and breaking NCAA records in the process... They like the fact that we are climbing out of the grave that Wulff put us in....and they also can see a hypocritical douchebag like yourself come on here continually trying to shovel dirt on the program...don't act suprised if they don't like you or respond well to that.
You're just a moron, drinking that fact based Kool Aid, moron! (Now, to be super proud of myself...)

Seriously, how many coaches back in our history (past the esteemed former coach) do you need to go before you find one who had three seasons of two wins or less?

Answered my own question- Sweeney had 3 such seasons also, but he needed a lot more than four tries... No other coach had more than one season that bad.

It's funny that Mr. "How Dare You Make Fun Of The Idiotic Thing I Said!" takes issue with other people complaining about him.
Everything you post is idiotic..starting with defensive ends are responsible for stopping dive plays.

I don't complain about them. It's like hoping a dog can write a letter. The dog and it's efforts are both cute and harmless, but if you go in knowing you're not going to get a finished letter, you can be amused for what it is.
I actually felt the same way for a long time. I've changed my opinion.

Everything you post is idiotic..starting with defensive ends are responsible for stopping dive plays.
Funny you should mention that exact thing- when I watched the NFL Draft... all I saw, every time a DE or DT got drafted was the DT occupying bodies, so a DE can come down the line to stop the run, or DE's just blowing down the line to stop plays up the middle- yes, Dorn- even dive plays.

But I figured, you haven't aired that idiotic wrong opinion in a month or two, so I won't point out how stupid that was to say...

But then YOU CHOSE to willfully remind everyone how dumb you are, so thanks, I guess.

Reactions: YakiCoug

Number of 3 win seasons.

Mike Price - 4
Walden - 4
Leach - 2

Leach - 15

You should look in the mirror before calking anyone else stupid, Tron..especially when you said Walden's first 3 yrs were twice as bad as Leach's.

As I states earlier, Walden had 13 wins after 3 yrs with 3 less games...and won 8 games in yr 4.

Do you really think this team will win 8 games? If you do, perhaps you should throw on a cheerleading outfit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT