ADVERTISEMENT

Official game Thread. WSU vs Utah

I think you are correct. He needs to be able to run between the tackles. He gets his yardage by bouncing things outside. In the NFL he is not going to be able to outrun the LBs as easily.
There’s something mental going on this year. He’s running tentatively and shuffling sideways too much.

Reactions: froropmkr72
The lack of reps for Guarantano is really showing.
A veteran QB should not be taking a 14 yard loss on first down.
Cougs do get the FG 3-0 early in 2nd.

So far the Utah passing game is nothing close to what USC had to offer.
It may come down to second half adjustments..........Oh No!!!
Let's hope they can turn THAT around. A little tribute to Mik. I hope he's doing well. Love the passion. Anyone who can post like that deserves an award!

Reactions: jarvis1981
Defense with a sack .
They have been decent so far but again UTAH's offense is not great .They can still turn it around like they did last week.
Right now the Coug offense needs to finish a drive.

He had a pretty serious neck injury last season, so there could be lingering problems with that.
That’s what I was thinking. Reminds me of Derek Sparks back in the mid-90s. He was a beast until he hurt his shoulder. After that he tried to avoid solid contact and it destroyed his effectiveness.

JG doesn’t sell the draw very well. Or the screen. Or the play action.

Actually, it’s not clear to me what he does well. I guess he’s handling the snaps OK, at least so far.
There's only one conclusion to our defense looking so good and that's that the Utes offensive coordinator needs to be fired!

There's only one conclusion to our defense looking so good and that's that the Utes offensive coordinator needs to be fired!
Wait a second. Since the Utes are looking so good....there's only one conclusion and only one conclusion and that's that our DC should be fired!

Reactions: justinbgocougs
It pains me to say this in the 2nd quarter, but if we don’t score on this drive, the game is over

So Utah didn't wait until the 2nd half to make adjustments.
QB keepers get them big yardage and now the TD.
7-3 Utes

WSU still have 5 minutes to get something back before the end of the half.
Something tells me that how this drive goes, the rest of the game goes.

It’s risky, but I think I do go for it here. But I do it to the wide side of the field, we seem to run all of our short yardage plays to the short side.

Utah qb goes long when WSU loses the edge.

They bring in 2 & 3 TEs to challenge the DL and force the S into the box. Proceed to run right over them.

Two most important players in 425 are NG and Hybrid S/LB. How well did they perform stopping the run when Utah went with 2/3 TEs?

Second half will be interesting to see how Utah calls plays.

They bring in 2 & 3 TEs to challenge the DL and force the S into the box. Proceed to run right over them.

Two most important players in 425 are NG and Hybrid S/LB. How well did they perform stopping the run when Utah went with 2/3 TEs?

On offense or defense?

Bight side. We have a balanced offense... because that's what matters right?

Yeah, if I’m Utah I come out run heavy. Even without the 2/3 TE formations. I run out of 3-4 WR sets, and I run with the QB. Our D doesn’t account for the QB very well, and we overpursue anything that hints at misdirection.

Once I’m up a couple scores and Dickert brings up the safety, I start throwing over the top.

FG to end the half
Good drive by the offense.
Utes 7 - Cougs 6

Overall a good first half for the Cougs on the road with a QB in his first true start.
If he is feeling more comfortable then he might be better in the 2nd half.

Defense has to know that the Utes will run the QB more in the 2nd half. Make him pay with a big hit and a turnover.

FG to end the half
Good drive by the offense.
Utes 7 - Cougs 6

Overall a good first half for the Cougs on the road with a QB in his first true start.
If he is feeling more comfortable then he might be better in the 2nd half.

Defense has to know that the Utes will run the QB more in the 2nd half. Make him pay with a big hit and a turnover.
6 points in a half is good?

It appears as though the Utes didn't watch any film leading up to the this game.

2nd half collapse coming?
If not...either OC Scully or DC Lundwig are going to get fires or demoted. My bet is Lundwig based on the frightened look on his coaching picture. Almost Boris Karloffish. Dude could of starred in The Mummy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT