ADVERTISEMENT

OK, Oregun.....anyone with concerns?

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
Mine is their running game. If you watched the Cal game...their RB Kani Benoit looked like a Heisman candidate. Where has this guy been for 3 years?

The environment. Our teams attitude.
Really this game is ours for the taking.
If we don't get in our own way, we'll be OK.

Oregon has lots of talent and lots of speed. Obviously they are dangerous. Losing Herbert might make them one dimensional which definitely should help our D.

Go Cougs

Reactions: earldacoug
Herbert's a big loss but there is so much unknown on their side. Freeman and Nelson's health? Which QB in place of Herbert? They appear significantly better on defense overall.

Still if we play like SC minus the drops we win.

Yes, this game is no gimme...I don't see us blowing them out. We are going to have to play another good game to come out of there with a win. Of course it sucks to lose your starting QB, but you never know what's behind them either (i.e. Falk in Oregon State a few years back).

Oregon's team personality for the past many years has been to get ahead and hit the gas peddle. But if they get behind, they panic. Not sure how that will be impacted by a rookie QB. The most obvious thing would appear to be that they need to establish their run game. If this QB can run keepers, or scramble well, that will also help them. But I'm not sure they should risk this QB with much running; what would they do if he goes down? A rookie QB would argue that we should be able to use a lot of man coverage. That will help against the run as well as help with the pass rush.

We need to score on our first two possessions. If we do that, we will quiet the stadium and put pressure on their O. Take care of business on O and the D will take care of itself.

Didn't remember from the 2015 in Autzen that Lockie took a big hit from Allison and came out of the game. Alie played multiple series to end the first half (ran for a TD) and started the second half. Anyway, they have seen him if he goes.

I'm not sure they should risk this QB with much running; what would they do if he goes down?
Sounds like there is some doubt over whether Alie or Burmeister is better, so there's likely not a big dropoff if they losing one or the other - or at least that's what practices seem to indicate. If they lose both, though...

My concern is that they'll run the ball 90% of the time, and we'll fall the play-action deep passes and gadget throws.

I'm very concerned on this game. Wouldn't surprise if the Ducks prevail. If we win, it would be such a huge statement, for a national presence. Just huge.

Reactions: Coug95man2
Yes, this game is no gimme...I don't see us blowing them out. We are going to have to play another good game to come out of there with a win. Of course it sucks to lose your starting QB, but you never know what's behind them either (i.e. Falk in Oregon State a few years back).
we know that Allie is a 5th year senior, struggling to start over a true freshman, I hope they go with allie

Our O showing up and playing to potential/ executing.

Gotta score, can't let them get up and dominate TOP and momentum.

Didn't remember from the 2015 in Autzen that Lockie took a big hit from Allison and came out of the game. Alie played multiple series to end the first half (ran for a TD) and started the second half. Anyway, they have seen him if he goes.
Alie has regressed and that 2015 D was not good. Seeing him again would be a blessing, I feel.

That frosh qb though.... it would be really flukey for 2 3rd string qbs to log huge upsets in one day, but.... this is college fb.

Alie has regressed and that 2015 D was not good. Seeing him again would be a blessing, I feel.

That frosh qb though.... it would be really flukey for 2 3rd string qbs to log huge upsets in one day, but.... this is college fb.

And Iowa State was on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT