ADVERTISEMENT

On HBO...remember the Pac-12 nixed this idea early on for WSU

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
When leach first started, his buddy from Friday night lights wanted to do something for WSU.

Pac-12 said nope, they own the media rights.

Limo Larry is softening up a bit.

When leach first started, his buddy from Friday night lights wanted to do something for WSU.

Is he?

Wasn't there a dust up last year about schools not owning any of their own content? Did that get resolved in a way that would allow this to happen?

Not sure, sincere question.

My guess is any revenue from the show would go into the Pac-12 media rights pool. With ASU also on board, and the conference getting exposure, Limo Larry would almost be putting himself into a negligence position if he didn't allow it.

In all honesty, WSU really sucked at that time. S.U.C.K.E.D. I can kind of condone Larry Scott putting up a stink to showcase perhaps the worst Power 5 program in the country at the time. WSU circa year 1 Leach really didn't put the best foot forward for the conference much.

Now, that said, some of Leach's best "work" with regards to entertainment and controversy was in those initial two years in Pullman. Not Fat Little Girlfriends or F You, F Me, F Everybody - but it was close.

If they do put the Cougs on HBO All Access, you kind of hope the Cougs put up a stinker just to see the post-game affair.....kind of. Never cheer against the Cougs.

In all honesty, WSU really sucked at that time. S.U.C.K.E.D. I can kind of condone Larry Scott putting up a stink to showcase perhaps the worst Power 5 program in the country at the time. WSU circa year 1 Leach really didn't put the best foot forward for the conference much.

Now, that said, some of Leach's best "work" with regards to entertainment and controversy was in those initial two years in Pullman. Not Fat Little Girlfriends or F You, F Me, F Everybody - but it was close.

If they do put the Cougs on HBO All Access, you kind of hope the Cougs put up a stinker just to see the post-game affair.....kind of. Never cheer against the Cougs.
Remember, this was after TT WON a game...

Perhaps my favorite Leach clip ever. Looked at it the day we hired him and said to myself “It is about damn time we get someone in here with some expectations”. And after a tough start we are seeing those expectations rise a bit higher each year.

Reactions: 79COUG

I hope you are right about the "softening" but I doubt it. Limo is all about Himself and moves away from that fixation only when required. Conference presidents, ADs and fans have finally reached the end of their ropes with his arrogant selfishness and are openly pissed. He has been getting heat the last couple of years and what adjustment we see from him is a result of that pressure. It is not, in my opinion, the result of a personality improvement but the hot seat he is sitting on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT