ADVERTISEMENT

On to the Mountain Schools

Here’s the thing. If a ref is pointing to a specific fan in the stands to have thrown out, it means he’s paying attention to fans in the stands. You’re a ref. Fans are going to curse you out at every game. It’s part of the job at that level. Ignore it. Your job is to manage the court, not worry about what people are saying in the stands. Completely out of bounds. I agree with Mik, this should be disciplined by the league

I would also add that a official is too busy with the game to either hear or care what fans say.

As a baseball umpire, I was far to focused on calling balls, strikes, safe, outs, foul balls, obstruction, interference, infield fly rule, whether a batter checked his swing or swung, balks, etc, etc, etc. I was so busy doing that, that I either didn't hear what fans said, or if I miraculously did hear what a fan or fans said, I didn't care, and I didn't let it affect me, and didn't let it change how I umpired game, and I NEVER EVER threw out even 1 fan.

If I would have focused on what fans said, thrown out fans, etc, then I would have missed calls, made mistakes, and I would have either been warned not to throw out a fan again, or I would have been fired.

Last edited:
Should be cracking top 40 Net. That’s last four out territory. Get 2 of the next 3 on the road and would be in great shape.

have to get at least Ore St OR UW, 1 of the 3 straight on road.

0-3 on the 3 straight road games, means NO NCAA TOURNAMENT.

Stop a game and kick someone out for that? Pretty thin skinned if that's all the kid said. Ridiculous!
A person is only that thin skinned if there is some truth to the accusation. Otherwise, you ignore it or roll your eyes at the idiot in the stands.

Don’t obviously know the circumstances but absolutely have the power to eject a fan, i hope this was a misunderstanding of sorts

Don’t obviously know the circumstances but absolutely have the power to eject a fan, i hope this was a misunderstanding of sorts
Of course they have the power. But the amount of times that a person gets thrown out of a game is rare. Even those are instances are where the fan is drunkenly dangerous, or the fan interfered with on court play.

I couldn't believe it until I saw the replay and Smith was clearly on the court. That's automatic.

Smith also said 2 of the refs were new to him as well. They stopped the game to throw a fan out? Agree with Coug90 that after the T the calls were even worse. They called Lampkin for the "chicken wing" in the 1st half, stopped in the 2nd? Simpson clearly pushed off on Rice before hitting a 3.
I mentioned the pushoff during the game in this thread. It was so obvious and there is no way that the refs didn't see it. So, they chose not to call it.

Just watched the replay. Simpson got to the line at least twice and Lampkin once when there was no foul, and Simpson made a 3 pointer after he forearmed Rice out of the way. Rice got to the line once when he wasn't fouled.

On another note: attendance was 3,300. Seemed like more. I think the loudest it's been this year, especially after the T. Don't know how many out-of-towners there were but the man sitting of front of was from Bonners Ferry.

I mentioned the pushoff during the game in this thread. It was so obvious and there is no way that the refs didn't see it. So, they chose not to call it.
There comes a point in games officiated this poorly that the team benefiting realizes they can do whatever the F they want to. This is that play.

J
Just watched the replay. Simpson got to the line at least twice and Lampkin once when there was no foul, and Simpson made a 3 pointer after he forearmed Rice out of the way. Rice got to the line once when he wasn't fouled.

On another note: attendance was 3,300. Seemed like more. I think the loudest it's been this year, especially after the T. Don't know how many out-of-towners there were but the man sitting of front of was from Bonners Ferry.
Attendance was pathetic, considering the Cougs are on the NCAA bubble right now. 3300 really, if just 20% of the students show up it is 3400-3500, throw in 3-4000 locals and you have 7000-8000 there. Not sure why no one is going, my wife said if we lived within 3 hours she'd be happy to go. Still might try to catch a Thursday Sat pack later this year. It is not just NIL money players like to play in front of fans with a great atmosphere, the least the fans can do is try to get 6-8000 there.

J

Attendance was pathetic, considering the Cougs are on the NCAA bubble right now. 3300 really, if just 20% of the students show up it is 3400-3500, throw in 3-4000 locals and you have 7000-8000 there. Not sure why no one is going, my wife said if we lived within 3 hours she'd be happy to go. Still might try to catch a Thursday Sat pack later this year. It is not just NIL money players like to play in front of fans with a great atmosphere, the least the fans can do is try to get 6-8000 there.
I second that i was there and was underwhelmed. Agree, students shoulda showed out for a game like this at 2 on Saturday. Sleep in, have a Bloody Mary, go to the game and get your drink on afterwards. Perfect damn Saturday. I was there during Paul Graham, they don’t know how good they have it.

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT