ADVERTISEMENT

One piece not mentioned: 'Bows (Rolo's kids) took down Houston in New Mexico bowl...

Todd Graham doesn't run the Run & Shoot, but I did think the QB was pretty good and accurate.

To me, Hawaii looked a lot like Graham's Arizona St teams his first 3-yrs in Tempe when Taylor Kelly was his QB.

Last edited:
All that you say is right, but let's also remember that Houston was far from a world-beater this year.

I completely agree with the point about the group of players that Rolo assembled. His last Hawaii team would have been competitive in the PAC (they beat two of the lower half PAC teams, after all), and that is with the various hurdles he faced in recruiting at Hawaii. He should be able to recruit better from any P5 base, so when recruits can once again visit campuses we will get a better feel for the staff's recruiting talent. As for the offense, it is pretty clear that it offers a good run/pass mix, and that with the right receiver/QB communication it is hard to defend...with the added bonus that it permits what ever the team's best assets are in a given year to be utilized....whether that is good RB's, good WR's, a mobile QB, a mobile O line, or what ever the strengths are that year. The offense is not a one trick pony. I am really ready to see how that works out, especially in the Apple Cup. At the very least I am expecting competitive AC games.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I always find it ironic that it’s tough to recruit to Hawaii. I guess I’ve been freezing my arse off for too many winters but when I think of Reno, Boise, Pullman, Corvallis, Laramie etc, Hawaii sounds pretty good

I always find it ironic that it’s tough to recruit to Hawaii. I guess I’ve been freezing my arse off for too many winters but when I think of Reno, Boise, Pullman, Corvallis, Laramie etc, Hawaii sounds pretty good

They may not have great facilities which prob hurts them. Otherwise, I agree. Why wouldn't they do well in California??? Why wouldn't they go to Chicago and tell kids.. "listen, it will never snow here. Your biggest decision every morning will be shoes or sandals with your shorts and tank top."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT