ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon pays better...

I don't know for a fact, but just think of what Phil can offer either explicitly or implicitly using Nike.
Got it, I was just wondering if there has been an allegation. I rather think Oregon is extremely good for the Pac 12 and hoped they weren’t going the way of the Wildcats…

I'm not even half joking.

This makes the point I have always made about the Top Programs in the Pac 12, and the Pac 12 itself.

WSU could land the 25th ranked in the nation Recruiting Class with 4 stars, etc, just Like Smith landed a about 29th rated class, and there could still be something like this: 1. Oregon with the 4th rated class in nation. 2. USC with the 6th rated class in Nation. 3. UCLA with the 9th rated class in nation. 4. Arizona with the 13th rated class in Nation. 5. Stanford with the 17th rated class in Nation. 6. UW with the 20th rated class in Nation. 7. Colorado with the 23rd rated class in nation. 8. Cal with the 25th rated class in the nation. 9. ASU with the 27th rated class in nation. 10. Ore St with the 28th rated class in nation. 11. Utah with the 29th rated class in nation. WSU with the 30th rated class in Nation.

So in theory WSU could get something like the 30th rated class in the Nation, which should be good enough for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th in conference recruiting class ranking wise, in some past years, and still finish last in the conference in recruiting class rankings.

This is why if, when, if WSU finishes 10th,11th,12th in the conference recruiting class ranking wise, that that does not necessarily mean that WSU is recruiting bad, and could easily still mean that WSU is recruiting good, but that the conference is recruiting even better.

Dont be surprised if WSU finishes 9,10,11 rated recruiting class in conference, with the 27th rated, ranked in the nation recruiting class with 4 stars, with best in WSU history 4 star recruits, as thats how good the Pac 12 can be.

And as part of that, it doesnt surprise me one bit, that Oregon is probably going to get the 4th best recruiting class in the nation.

You're saying Phil Knight lost his sole?
Phil Knight's soles are tied up in Vietnamese sweat shops and directly linked to the Quackers athletic largesse. His latest pay-as-you-go venture (the extravagantly remodeled Hayward Field) is currently hosting the US olympic trials and, wonder of wonders, PR's and near world records abound. Think that venue isn't rigged up with the latest and greatest technology to enhance performance? Would like to see the likes of Jesse Owens and Jim Thorpe perform with those kind of perks.

Phil Knight's soles are tied up in Vietnamese sweat shops and directly linked to the Quackers athletic largesse. His latest pay-as-you-go venture (the extravagantly remodeled Hayward Field) is currently hosting the US olympic trials and, wonder of wonders, PR's and near world records abound. Think that venue isn't rigged up with the latest and greatest technology to enhance performance? Would like to see the likes of Jesse Owens and Jim Thorpe perform with those kind of perks.
That stadium is really impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT