ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs WSU gamethread

K...you've got receivers that can make plays!! Now keep throwing them the damn ball!!

are we switching to this thread? I posted in the other one, lolol.

funny we are bitching about moving and scoring, but honestly it should be 28-0 right now. OSU isnt good, Falk isn't in sync, and if we end up scoring 40+ this game I'll happily eat my words.

At least he asked a receiver to make a play on that second TD throw. More of that please, even if we get an interception or two.

At least he asked a receiver to make a play on that second TD throw. More of that please, even if we get an interception or two.
this is a good point.

I feel like he is TERRIFIED to throw a pick, to the point that its negatively affecting his ability to find the smaller spaces.

Picks happen. If you throw one and it leads to 7pts the other way, fine. Just make sure you negate it with a TD of our own, plus 1 or 2 more just for good measure.

are you being sarcastic or just having bipolar moment? ;)
No im ecstatic he didn't throw a screen pass or freeze for 5 seconds and take a sack. Throwing a couple of balls deep and running the ball on occasion will do wonders for the intermediate passing windows falk prefers. He's his own worst enemy with how he manages the offense.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
No im ecstatic he didn't throw a screen pass or freeze for 5 seconds and take a sack. Throwing a couple of balls deep and running the ball on occasion will do wonders for the intermediate passing windows falk prefers. He's his own worst enemy with how he manages the offense.
i was just joking. seeing that post w/ your other posts about running the ball just cracked me up...

Beavs have effectively shut down Herc with the double up.Let's see if they can last.

also want to add that Pippens is doing a great job of making sure 8 & 9 yard receptions don't turn into 10-11 yard receptions...

Now the D can't defend a simple slant pass. I have a feeling this is going to be a nail biter that shouldn't be.

These young WRs can't block that screen, please stop calling it.

And if they can't block it against the Beavs, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the P12

oh sh!t, Harrington...

I'd forgotten he was on the team... He was supposed to be the future.

I'm glad he's still a Coug, though.

Kudos to Falk for settling down, but this has to be the least satisfying 28-9 lead at a half that I've ever seen. I hope that he's starting to realize that it's ok to throw the ball to his receivers when there's a tight window. It looks like he just might be getting there.

Kudos to Falk for settling down, but this has to be the least satisfying 28-9 lead at a half that I've ever seen. I hope that he's starting to realize that it's ok to throw the ball to his receivers when there's a tight window. It looks like he just might be getting there.
Agreed. Can't remember a more frustrating game we dominated. Falk is getting it finally but we need to figure out how to work in the run or anyone with a pulse in this conference is going to destroy us.

Agreed. It looks like Falk is starting to trust his receivers. It's amazing how things open up when you throw farther than 5 yards down field. I've still got some concerns about some throws and the decision on the safety, but its an improvement. He needs to continue to get better before we hit the heart of our conference schedule.

2 observations from the first half:

run game is non-existent, as in, they haven't even tried.

Falk has what - 1 or 2 targets in the middle third of the field? His lack of ability/ willingness to pass over the middle means that every team with decent DBs will eat us alive. LB v WR is the match up you want to exploit the most... or so I though. But what do I know, I'm just a fan.

There is really no reason not to run now, unless Falk is getting greedy and trying to rack up numbers.

2 observations from the first half:

run game is non-existent, as in, they haven't even tried.

Falk has what - 1 or 2 targets in the middle third of the field? His lack of ability/ willingness to pass over the middle means that every team with decent DBs will eat us alive. LB v WR is the match up you want to exploit the most... or so I though. But what do I know, I'm just a fan.
You are spot in on both accounts. Falk had a good statistical half against another overmatched opponent but his tendencies are glaring and any good defensive coach with good players is going to exploit them.

There is really no reason not to run now, unless Falk is getting greedy and trying to rack up numbers.

honestly I dont mind. He needs to iron out the kinks. Its clear that he is finally getting on the same page as his outside receivers.

Falk has never been that way. He has called run more than any QB since Leach has been here. Why would you even think that?

Many of you are brutal and I don't understand it at all. Falk has been one of the best QB's ever to play at WSU. You guys act like he hasn't won games.

Reactions: earldacoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT