ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Hunter Biden trial

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Too bad if I post something semi-political.

I just can't understand why this crack-addled dipshit would take this thing to a high-profile trial 6 years after the events occurred, or why it is even news (well duh, he is the President's son). He apparently lied on a federal form in order to get a gun, which he apparently possessed for 18 days before his then-GF and former sister-in-law threw it away. OK, so what? instead of just copping a plea years ago, you have to drag this into open court and have your f-ed up personal life exposed for the world to see, no doubt in detriment to your father's re-election chances?

What a first-class douchebag.

I just can't understand why this crack-addled dipshit would take this thing to a high-profile trial 6 years after the events occurred, or why it is even news (well duh, he is the President's son). He apparently lied on a federal form in order to get a gun, which he apparently possessed for 18 days before his then-GF and former sister-in-law threw it away. OK, so what? instead of just copping a plea years ago, you have to drag this into open court and have your f-ed up personal life exposed for the world to see, no doubt in detriment to your father's re-election chances?

That's the Biden justice deoartment for you . Targeting people like Hunter Biden and Menedez. Cant believe the corruption.

And whats the problem seeking a jury of your peers? Maybe the plea deal wasnt a good deal.

That's the Biden justice deoartment for you . Targeting people like Hunter Biden and Menedez. Cant believe the corruption.

And whats the problem seeking a jury of your peers? Maybe the plea deal wasnt a good deal.
It sounded like the prosecutor wanted a blank check to Jo after anything that came up even years down the road. Judge blew it up if irc.

Weaponizing the DOJ against his own son

• Haha
Reactions: WillieThePimp
I’ve got no problem with Hunters lifestyle or him owning a gun.
Well they did name him Hunter after all. I don't have a problem either. my original point was how stupid he (and it) is to have this huge DOJ trial. Wonder how many hundreds of thousands, if not millions, has been spent over 6 years on what seems like a minor alleged crime with no victim or damage done. And moreso, why the dipshit didn't just cut a deal.

Reactions: 702coug
Well they did name him Hunter after all. I don't have a problem either. my original point was how stupid he (and it) is to have this huge DOJ trial. Wonder how many hundreds of thousands, if not millions, has been spent over 6 years on what seems like a minor alleged crime with no victim or damage done. And moreso, why the dipshit didn't just cut a deal.
If he made a deal, the Republicans would turn it into a political issue and scream that it was a miscarriage of justice carried out at the direction of his father.
By not making a deal, the Republicans could turn it into a political issue and drag it out into an election year, and scream that this minor infraction (perpetrated by thousands of Republican-leaning people all over the country) proves that he and his dad are liars, cheaters, and criminals.

And some people eat it up because they get their news in 15-second sound bites from loons like Marjorie Taylor Greene.

The DOJ and Hunter did make a deal. They even went to court where he was to plead guilty. They were in front of the judge. The judge had an issue with some of the language in the deal and told both sides to resolve the issue. They couldn't and now we are here.

Not to mention Texas Congressman Henry Cuellar (D) who is also under indictment.

I LOVE the Menendez thing. It's VERY old-school. Trading favors with the Egyptians for a chance to hoard gold bars? That is chef's kiss

Because the judge refused the sweetheart plea deal.

I'm unclear on how the statute of limitations did not expire. The strategy of stringing things along until the SOL expires has worked for him.

Because the judge refused the sweetheart plea deal.

I'm unclear on how the statute of limitations did not expire. The strategy of stringing things along until the SOL expires has worked for him.
You have to explain to me how it has worked for him as he is in court right now.

You have to explain to me how it has worked for him as he is in court right now.
Joe Biden needs a smarter DOJ. If the order is to go after his political enemies not sur why the DOJ couldn't figure out Cuellar/Menedez and Hunter arent repubilcants . But two of the three are "immigrants" and the other is a druggie so that is ok to prosecute .

It worked pretty well so far, in that the SOL for the serious federal crimes of tax evasion were allowed to expire, letting him off the hook for them.

For those wondering why he didn't cop to the plea deal, he was all set to accept that sweetheart deal which would have given him immunity for the gun crime as well as any and all future crimes that he may have been charged with. Talk about a privileged politician's kid- nobody had ever heard of such a deal, giving immunity for any and all possible future charges.

Pretty sure that NONE of us here would have been able to get a deal like that.

Which Trump trial in New York are you referring to?

Reactions: justinbgocougs
What's funny about the Hunter Biden trial is that if he wasn't Biden's son, it's unlikely that he would have been charged. I read an article that went through his "crime" and it turns out that it's unusual for a suspect to be charged for illegal possession of a firearm as a drug user unless they are caught committing another crime while the firearm is in their possession. Not for finding a gun in the trash can that his girlfriend threw away.

On a different but similar note, a friend of mine served on a jury for a trial where a guy on parole was stopped and there was a pistol in the bag in his truck. The guy claimed it was his girlfriend's gun. The combination of sloppy police work and the fact that they guy had only one month of probation left when he was stopped led the jury to acquit him even though it was obvious that it was his gun.

For me, I find it hilarious that the MAGA idiots flatulate themselves over the "weaponization" of the DOJ against Trump after they've spent years bitching and moaning about Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton. Anyone who ever typed or said "Lock Her Up!" and then says anything about Trump being targeted is a f#cking idiot. I wish that fewer people were idiots.

EDIT: I wanted to add that if Hunter Biden going to prison is needed for our country to start accepting that Trump is a piece of criminal trash...I'm plenty willing to see Hunter Biden go to prison too. Hell, throw ol' Joe Biden in prison too as long as Trump goes with him.

Last edited:
What's funny about the Hunter Biden trial is that if he wasn't Biden's son, it's unlikely that he would have been charged.

Which Trump trial in New York are you referring to?
Which crime is minor? Sexual assault, falsifying records, or 34 counts ? Cohen went to jail for campaign fraud .

But I never ask what he has done wrong and should be held to account, because when is a rich white guy wvee going to catch a break?

But what would he have to do, and woukd the charges havw to be brought in Wva or another red state , and what would you need to see in terms of evidence to say "yeah he did it".

Like any of this is new. They convicted Al Capone for tax evasions and OJ for self help recovery his own property that had been stolen from him. It is an indictment of the US legal system. Our legal system, in theory, is based on the British, but we don't have the same "fair play" culture. Ours culture is "winning at all costs," and as a result we have an "ends justify the means" legal system in practice. Try Hunter on drug charges or influence peddling, try Trump for treason or wilful violation of secrecy laws. If you can't just stop! This shit gives off kangaroo court vibes.

Reactions: CougEd
Which crime is minor? Sexual assault, falsifying records, or 34 counts ? Cohen went to jail for campaign fraud .

But I never ask what he has done wrong and should be held to account, because when is a rich white guy wvee going to catch a break?

But what would he have to do, and woukd the charges havw to be brought in Wva or another red state , and what would you need to see in terms of evidence to say "yeah he did it".
What crime was Trump convicted of?

Anyone know?

Anyone know?
Well in civil court he was found libel of sexual assault. I just don't get why he doesn't let everything go to trial. 45% of the people either don't care or won't ever believe he has committed a crime.

Campaign finance law, I believe the same crime Cohen went to jail for, or one of them.

Did you read the link?
  • One couple was illegally selling firearms through an off the books operation.
  • One person was previously deemed incompetent by a court.
  • One was a convicted felon who ended up being arrested along with the gal who tried to buy ammunition for him.
  • One had been convicted of domestic violence.
  • One was a guy who was trying to buy a gun for another person.
  • The one that was closest to Hunter Biden was the guy who had previously been arrested for carrying a firearm while under the influence of marijuana. He didn't get arrested until he tried to do it FOUR times and he had been already been told by the ATF to cut the shit and quit trying to buy a gun.
All of the above situations involve people who absolutely knew that they couldn't make a firearm transaction. Should Hunter Biden be found guilty? I don't know enough to be sure (and don't really care) but none of your examples match Hunter's situation all that well. They were either blatantly breaking the law or were specifically previously told that they weren't eligible to purchase a firearm or ammunition. In Hunter's case, he said that he wasn't using drugs at the time of the purchase and he hadn't been convicted of a crime in over three decades and that one had been expunged. As far as the stupidity of the charge, bear in mind that there might be as many as 20 million gun owners who have "illegally" checked that box if they've ever used marijuana because the form specifically mentions marijuana.

Again, if Biden wasn't the President's son, he would likely have been given a slap on the wrist plea deal (which was attempted and then blown up because of politics) and nobody would ever know about it.

For me, the biggest thing about this is all the MAGA idiots saying, "the DOJ is weaponized against Trump" while ignoring the fact that Hunter Biden is sitting in court. The myopic stupidity of the "weaponized" comments makes me embarrassed to be an American. So many delusional people blinded by their dear leader.

Reactions: Coug1990

Anyone know?

Trump was convicted of falsifying business records to hide the transaction in an attempt to influence an election. Frankly, it's not the strongest argument to make someone a felon. Still, Al Capone was charged with financial crimes because he was able to avoid prosecution for all of the murders and other crimes that he was responsible for. Sometimes, you hit an unrepentant criminal where you can.

What's sad is that the crimes that Trump should be on trial for aren't being heard because the Supreme Court is corrupt and the moronic situation where a Trump appointed judge is overseeing the other case. The fact that the corrupt bitch hasn't recused herself on his documents case is an absolute insult to our country.

I was attending a citizen bike-ped advisory event this morning and a city council member said that they were going to skip the next workshop to avoid the appearance of influencing the recommendation but Trump is just fine with having a self appointed judge blatantly flout the law to save his orange tinted a$$. ****in' gross.

Trump was convicted of falsifying business records to hide the transaction in an attempt to influence an election. Frankly, it's not the strongest argument to make someone a felon. Still, Al Capone was charged with financial crimes because he was able to avoid prosecution for all of the murders and other crimes that he was responsible for. Sometimes, you hit an unrepentant criminal where you can.

What's sad is that the crimes that Trump should be on trial for aren't being heard because the Supreme Court is corrupt and the moronic situation where a Trump appointed judge is overseeing the other case. The fact that the corrupt bitch hasn't recused herself on his documents case is an absolute insult to our country.

I was attending a citizen bike-ped advisory event this morning and a city council member said that they were going to skip the next workshop to avoid the appearance of influencing the recommendation but Trump is just fine with having a self appointed judge blatantly flout the law to save his orange tinted a$$. ****in' gross.

The same 7-2 conservative, republican Supreme Court, that told Trump that the Election wasn't stolen from Trump, and that there weren't enough things, an or those things weren't bad enough, to steal the election, etc, from Trump, and the same 7-2 conservative Supreme Court that will not only rightfully probably rule on Jan 6 riot, etc, and on most to almost all the Trump stuff, and probably rightfully rule AGAINST Trump, like did before, yep that Supreme Court.

Coming from me , somebody that now can't stand, semi hates, won't vote for, etc, Trump.

Fact is, your misrepresenting, misunderstanding, etc, the US Supreme Court, and the majority, almost all it's decisions, semi recent decisions, justices, etc.

Yes, there have been 1,2 semi corrupt, an or if not semi corrupt, semi wrong, semi bad Supreme Court Justices, semi recently, whether conservative, moderate, liberal, whether Jackson(The Black Liberal, think Jackson was, is her name), the Liberal White Woman what's her name, Clarence Thomas, etc, and despite that the Supreme Court, and almost, most, etc, of it justices, have ruled right almost all the time, except for extremely rare exceptions, like Rowe V Wade, etc.

Basically, three ways cases are resolved: (1) settlement, here a plea agreement, (2) a dismissal on some legal grounds (as mentioned above, I'm unclear how this is within the statute of limitations), or (3) trial.

The judge would not approve the plea deal. Presumably there are no legal grounds for dismissal (or the state prevailed on any motions to dismiss by Hunter). So, here were are at option number 3.

Some of the potential tax charges died because the SOL had expired as I recall. He was never charged because since the SOL had expired.

What's funny about the Hunter Biden trial is that if he wasn't Biden's son, it's unlikely that he would have been charged. I read an article that went through his "crime" and it turns out that it's unusual for a suspect to be charged for illegal possession of a firearm as a drug user unless they are caught committing another crime while the firearm is in their possession. Not for finding a gun in the trash can that his girlfriend threw away.

On a different but similar note, a friend of mine served on a jury for a trial where a guy on parole was stopped and there was a pistol in the bag in his truck. The guy claimed it was his girlfriend's gun. The combination of sloppy police work and the fact that they guy had only one month of probation left when he was stopped led the jury to acquit him even though it was obvious that it was his gun.

For me, I find it hilarious that the MAGA idiots flatulate themselves over the "weaponization" of the DOJ against Trump after they've spent years bitching and moaning about Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton. Anyone who ever typed or said "Lock Her Up!" and then says anything about Trump being targeted is a f#cking idiot. I wish that fewer people were idiots.

EDIT: I wanted to add that if Hunter Biden going to prison is needed for our country to start accepting that Trump is a piece of criminal trash...I'm plenty willing to see Hunter Biden go to prison too. Hell, throw ol' Joe Biden in prison too as long as Trump goes with him.
Disagree actually. If the same evidence existed against John Q. Public there would have been charges, and almost certainly there would have been a plea agreement. The evidence is pretty damning.

Disagree actually. If the same evidence existed against John Q. Public there would have been charges, and almost certainly there would have been a plea agreement. The evidence is pretty damning.

In my follow-up post, I did mention that a plea deal would be the normal result in his case. And there was a plea deal...but it was killed because of politics. So again, anyone who is bothered by Trump getting charged should at least acknowledge that even if the charges are BS, he is not being selectively targeted while nobody else is.

In my follow-up post, I did mention that a plea deal would be the normal result in his case. And there was a plea deal...but it was killed because of politics. So again, anyone who is bothered by Trump getting charged should at least acknowledge that even if the charges are BS, he is not being selectively targeted while nobody else is.
Still seems like they could have reached a plea deal now, if indeed the SOL has expired on these tax, etc. charges that the SOL has apparently expired on. From what little I have read it doesn't seem as if it can be proven that Hunter was on drugs the day he signed the form. Dragging ex-girlfriends, etc. into court to testify on whether he was using 6 years ago seems pretty ridiculous. That said, this whole "weaponizing the DOJ" BS is just so f-ed up. And the idiot Trumpers that I have the misfortune of talking to on occasion are that - idiots. Where is Edward R. Murrow when we need him? I can't believe that this country is so stupid as to possibly put that orange psycho back in office.

Except in Trump’s case the charges clearly weren’t BS since he was convicted by a Jury of his peers.

Hunter found guilty. I was a bit surprised frankly, but this is a good thing for Joe and the Democrats in general IMHO. Justice is served or misserved equally.

Potential 25 year and a $750,000 fine? Which of course won't happen, but the severity of the maximum sentence for lying on a form and possessing the gun for 11 days blows me away.

Anyway, no worries for him. While you know Dad has said that he won't pardon his son, I see one of 2 scenarios: 1 - he loses the election, then pardons his son before leaving office (wouldn't we all?). 2 - he wins the election, and soon after the re-inauguration date he pardons his son. Why not? He's done running for office. The furor will die and with Trump finally out of the picture maybe things will have settled down in Washington. And pigs might fly out of my ass.

I don't think this is good for Joe Biden at all. It just adds fuel to the "see, they're criminals too" rhetoric and helps to conceal the Trump conviction.

Convicted. Good. Send him to jail or whatever the most appropriate sentencing is. Like we should do with everyone who commits and is convicted of a crime. Law & order.
Hunter found guilty. I was a bit surprised frankly, but this is a good thing for Joe and the Democrats in general IMHO. Justice is served or misserved equally.

Potential 25 year and a $750,000 fine? Which of course won't happen, but the severity of the maximum sentence for lying on a form and possessing the gun for 11 days blows me away.

Anyway, no worries for him. While you know Dad has said that he won't pardon his son, I see one of 2 scenarios: 1 - he loses the election, then pardons his son before leaving office (wouldn't we all?). 2 - he wins the election, and soon after the re-inauguration date he pardons his son. Why not? He's done running for office. The furor will die and with Trump finally out of the picture maybe things will have settled down in Washington. And pigs might fly out of my ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT