ADVERTISEMENT

Our Iowa State friends are in quite

They just tied it up with under a minute left. Not what they were expecting I’m sure.

On a similar note, Nebraska-South Alabama. Huskers will win, but their offense has only put up 14, and hasn’t scored in the second half. Two defensive TDs and a punt return are making the difference.

Have to admit I resented being ranked lower than them. Hope we make things a little more clear about that today.

I haven't checked their roster yet this year, but they lost what I thought were their 2 best players to the NFL (Hakeem Butler WR and David Montgomery RB). Butler tore us up in the Alamo bowl. Those are huge shoes to fill.

The young QB is back.

Wow, this thing is going to double OT. I hadn't given Iowa State's ranking too much thought, but yeah, losing their two best players, having won 8 games, and being ranked ahead of the team that won 11 games and beat them in the bowl game is pretty weak.

I haven't checked their roster yet this year, but they lost what I thought were their 2 best players to the NFL (Hakeem Butler WR and David Montgomery RB). Butler tore us up in the Alamo bowl. Those are huge shoes to fill.

The young QB is back.
They miss them both in the red zone. Their last two drives they had first downs inside the 10 and couldn’t punch it in.

Reactions: KingTrump
Wow, this thing is going to double OT. I hadn't given Iowa State's ranking too much thought, but yeah, losing their two best players, having won 8 games, and being ranked ahead of the team that won 11 games and beat them in the bowl game is pretty weak.

Campbell is supposedly the new coaching wunderkind.

Really pulling for Northern Iowa.

ISU pulled it out, but I’m sure nobody’s particularly happy with it. They really did just escape with this one.

I thought there fan base were entitled pissy little brats last year when we played them, particularly those online, so I was pulling hard for NIU.

Reactions: walzuu
I thought there fan base were entitled pissy little brats last year when we played them, particularly those online, so I was pulling hard for NIU.
I agree. I don’t think I will find myself cheering on ISU any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT