ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12 Network 3-hour Game window. Why?

SaveFerris

Hall Of Fame
Dec 21, 2001
Any idea for the back-to-back-to-back 3 hour game windows without any buffer like a pre/post-game show on Pac 12 Network? I haven't seen one game this year that started on the Network for game 2 and 3.

I am down in Arizona and use Sling internet TV. I believe I have all of the PAC 12 Networks through Sling ? So I was able to watch all of the Eastern game. When I had cable and Dish in SW Washington and also here in Zona I was not able to get PAC 12 Washington. This made and makes no sense to me. Dish and Cable needs to carry them all. I am very thankful for Sling and has eased my fall Saturday frustration a lot.

Reactions: Cougzz
Because everyone wants to watch the last 11 minutes of garbage time of UO-SJSU.

Speaking of the duck-spartan game, I'm not impressed with Phil Knight U's 35-22 win over a team we shut out. Anyone else feel the ducks are overrated? Don't get me wrong. I would like them to be ranked should we beat them.

Speaking of the duck-spartan game, I'm not impressed with Phil Knight U's 35-22 win over a team we shut out. Anyone else feel the ducks are overrated? Don't get me wrong. I would like them to be ranked should we beat them.

Oregon has Stanford this week, so we’ll see what they’re made of.

Almost like the commissioner came from the world of women's tennis or something.
Any idea for the back-to-back-to-back 3 hour game windows without any buffer like a pre/post-game show on Pac 12 Network? I haven't seen one game this year that started on the Network for game 2 and 3.

Yeah this is complete BS. Pac-12 Tennis network trying to squeeze 4 games in. So one game starts too early, one game starts too late, and they all get cut off.

I am down in Arizona and use Sling internet TV. I believe I have all of the PAC 12 Networks through Sling ? So I was able to watch all of the Eastern game. When I had cable and Dish in SW Washington and also here in Zona I was not able to get PAC 12 Washington. This made and makes no sense to me. Dish and Cable needs to carry them all. I am very thankful for Sling and has eased my fall Saturday frustration a lot.
I have the same thing, no more frustration of missing the first quarter of the game, or not seeing it at all

I'm guessing that the way that the Pac-12 views this is that just about anyone who has access to the Pac-12 network as part of their TV package has access to the internet and therefore has access to watch the game online or on their phone while they finish the prior game. Someone on the Die Hard Cougs Facebook page said that they should schedule four hours for games to allow time for each game and analysis in between and that just isn't going to happen. I understand the frustration, but the online component makes the complaining less impactful because just about anyone who really wants to see the game in its entirety can.

I watched on Pac-12.com but recording a full game is impossible. My question was why the games are slotted for 3 hours with a 30 minute post-game buffer like other networks do (SEC/Big 10 Networks) so in most cases a full game is on the Pac 12 Network.

Also haven't been able to find the 60 minute replay on the Pac 12 Network the last few weeks. Lots of SC/UNLV replays last week. I know we are a small potatoes in comparison in terms of market/interest but the last couple of years coverage has started to become even more weighted to the prominent programs.

Did you know DISH owns 100% of Sling? Also, I think you could have received P12N in Arizona, there would have been an extra small monthly fee.

And no HD replay is being shown.

It should be better from now on with conference play in full swing.

It's maddening. Apparently they want to anger millions of fans every week with their 3 hour game self-delusion.

Maybe a little too esoteric, but it appears to me that Pac12 network either upgraded cameras or cranked up their frame rate or shutter speed. Images look very crisp and detailed. Big improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT