ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Rhoads

kougkurt

Hall Of Fame
Nov 19, 2011
was fired by ISU today. Anyone know of a candidate who is already in Ames who could replace him????

Todd Sturdy?

By the way, for whatever reason, I was watching the end of that ISU-KSU game yesterday. The Cyclones had just held KSU on 4th down with a little over a minute remaining, a 7-point lead, they had the ball, KSU had just one timeout left. Go down to one knee three times and the game is over. They run out of the shotgun, hand the ball off, the running back fumbles. KSU recovers, takes it in a couple plays later. ISU gets the kickoff with 30 seconds left. QB fumbles, KSU kicks game winning FG. I just can't understand how Rhodes/Sturdy don't recognize things like that...take the knee and win the game. Now they are unemployed, although that game simply put an exclamation mark on what was going to happen anyway.

Glad Cougar

When you let Paul Wulff onto your campus there are things you are just asking for.

- A losing season
- Someone will get fired.. (Either him, or someone else)
- You are beyond desperate.

All those point to a coach who will be fired and that's exactly what happened.

I don't know who would hire Sturdy... so he will probably have to take a step down job...

And well Wulff...I mean let's get real here...he wasn't hired by the 49ers...he wasn't hired by Iowa State...

The only team that hired him to coach was Team USA...so expect him to be interning again soon somewhere else where he is desperate.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
Glad beat me to it. I can't believe that they didn't use better sense to finish the game. It's the kind of insane thing that Leach would do. :)

Except leach would actually win games...and take a program to a bowl game not once but twice in 4 years...and a winning season... so yeah totally exactly the same...

Except leach would actually win games...and take a program to a bowl game not once but twice in 4 years...and a winning season... so yeah totally exactly the same...

Glad to goad you into a reply! It's fun to throw the hook into the water and see the catfish swarm. ;)

FWIW, a friend of mine posted on Facebook that the decision to run the ball was a fireable offense all by itself and my other friend that is an Iowa State alum just said, "no surprise here". Turns out he was right.

Glad to goad you into a reply! It's fun to throw the hook into the water and see the catfish swarm. ;)

FWIW, a friend of mine posted on Facebook that the decision to run the ball was a fireable offense all by itself and my other friend that is an Iowa State alum just said, "no surprise here". Turns out he was right.
The decision to run the ball was a microaggression.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT