ADVERTISEMENT

Peterson stepping down.. Lake takes over

If they keep Lake as HC they are headed straight for the toilet. CP is a good coach despite the crappy season. Makes me wonder if he isn't after another job. The Boise St coach is getting a lot of hype as a potential hire, and he isn't CP.

Reactions: Ravenridge
If they keep Lake as HC they are headed straight for the toilet. CP is a good coach despite the crappy season. Makes me wonder if he isn't after another job. The Boise St coach is getting a lot of hype as a potential hire, and he isn't CP.

Let's hope so. Getting some payback on an exposed Jimmy Lake would be pretty sweet.

Reactions: royhobbs2
An anemic offense with Lakes defense will beat us 99/100 times so this is bad news as far as I am concerned.

Surprising.

He is staying on in an advisory role at UW. Is stepping down to “recharge.” Sounds like Meyer... guy was just beat.

Lake is UW’s best recruiter... I doubt there will be much in the way of recruits leaving.

Welp, guess we’ll see how Lake handles the program. A new offense wouldn’t hurt.

It is ... came from UW. I wonder if usc gives him a call.
The way Peterson phrased his resignation statement doesn't sound like someone looking for another job. It sounded more
like a guy who was burned out and needs a break.

Short of a miracle, as long as Mike Leach is our coach and Jimmy Lake is the UW coach, we will not win an Apple Cup.

That's fine. I can get it in my head, and just expect to lose this game every year. To be mentally prepared, so the loss doesn't hurt so bad. Saves all of us time and money. We can now concentrate on beating everybody else, (expect maybe ASU).

Jimmy Lake will be Jim Mora 2.0. Emotional. Will says things that will get him criticized. The program, which has already been getting worse every year, will continue It's downward trajectory.

We got tired of losing the quote battle every year.

Double H...did anyone see this coming? I wonder one of two things...USC called, or Cohen said the OC has to go and Petersen told him no way?

Jimmy Lake will be Jim Mora 2.0. Emotional. Will says things that will get him criticized. The program, which has already been getting worse every year, will continue It's downward trajectory.
As with all possibilities, that is one of them.

I wonder how many OKG's Petersen told that he would be there for their time at montlake?

Reactions: kougkurt
Ah yes, the usual suspects all in on their wishful thinking.

In what way will WSU win recruiting battles over UW because Lake is the HC? I’m curious.

Double H...did anyone see this coming? I wonder one of two things...USC called, or Cohen said the OC has to go and Petersen told him no way?
I think some of us wondered if this was the succession plan. It arrived a couple years earlier than expected, but that may be due to the offense's struggles and perhaps CP's loyalty to assistants. He's always struck me as a guy who didn't need to chase the brass ring for the rest of his life. If he was into that, he'd had opportunities for years before he came here.

Maybe he'll take another head coaching job someday, but I doubt that's on his radar right now.

Is this Royhobbs guy Mikalas or do you guys have more than one contributor on this forum that makes anyone with a brain cringe?

Typical fan comments on the web about this...

Cougs are saying that's it, game over. UW will never be the same.

UW fans are shrugging it off. CP wasn't that good anyway. Lake will be better.

Typical fan comments on the web about this...

Cougs are saying that's it, game over. UW will never be the same.

UW fans are shrugging it off. CP wasn't that good anyway. Lake will be better.
How has promoting coordinators without a proper coach search worked in the past?

Reactions: royhobbs2
Is this Royhobbs guy Mikalas or do you guys have more than one contributor on this forum that makes anyone with a brain cringe?
sounds like you are already having buyers remorse about being locked in with Lake as your HC, I don't blame you.

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT