ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction: Cougs taken in draft on day 2

CougInSpain

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2009
Mata'afa, Madison and Falk....... Honestly, I would love to see Mata'afa in a Hawks uniform next year. I doubt Schneider and Carroll have him on their radar though.

Mata'afa, Madison and Falk....... Honestly, I would love to see Mata'afa in a Hawks uniform next year. I doubt Schneider and Carroll have him on their radar though.
Falk for sure. Maybe Madison. Hercules will probably go in the 5th or 6th and be a stud.

Falk for sure. Maybe Madison. Hercules will probably go in the 5th or 6th and be a stud.

If Madison falls....I hope it's to the 120th pick. Did you here the announcer refer to Washington State instead of Washington Redskins? Like the promo.

I thought that it was silly that Falk actually thought he would be taken in the first or second round by the Patriots. I think maybe the seventh round or free agency contract for Falk The Patriots interviewed him thinking a free agency contract just in case the true scouting reports were wrong..Madison and Hercules will probably be taken in the 5th round as that will be a sound value for a team.

Reactions: Cougzz
I thought that it was silly that Falk actually thought he would be taken in the first or second round by the Patriots. I think maybe the seventh round or free agency contract for Falk The Patriots interviewed him thinking a free agency contract just in case the true scouting reports were wrong..Madison and Hercules will probably be taken in the 5th round as that will be a sound value for a team.

In case anyone is watching, Ravens didn't pick a QB 2nd round #19, but they have the 22nd pick and supposedly need a QB

Edit: I guess not......
Double edit: Hah! I was looking at the thing that showed what they picked, not what they need! :confused:

Last edited:
I'm sticking with Madison, Herc and Falk in the 4th and Cody in the 6th. Right now, Falks the 18th highest rated available and Cole's right behind.

When OT's from Western Michigan and Humboldt State are getting picked, you kinda have to wonder.

The Humboldt State player is a very good player and should have a long career. I have watched him play. I saw a list of the" best available players left." Hercules is rated at number 89, Madison at 160 and Falk at 195.That sounds about right.

Senior QBs that get benched for poor play don’t get drafted in round 1

Well Mel Kiper thinks that Falk will be selected,early today. But he was the guy who anointed Falk as Brady s successor. We shall see. Hercules and Madison will be selected probably in the fifth round as i predicted.

Luvu might sneak into round 7 if the Lions want him still. O'Connell may end up going in round 7. I still think that if Gerard Wicks is 100% and gets a shot in a camp that he might make a team. He's built like an NFL running back, and he can catch, pass protect, and fight for short yardage.

All of these guys will get free agent contracts if they are not drafted. Then it is every man for himself as they fight to get on an NFL roster. O'Connell may end up being a steal. He really needs good coaching and conditioning as he received precious little in Pullman. Now there is no guaranteed money so drafting a Qb at this time is not a big deal since he does not cut it,he is simply cut loose.

Last edited:
The Humboldt State player is a very good player and should have a long career. I have watched him play. I saw a list of the" best available players left." Hercules is rated at number 89, Madison at 160 and Falk at 195.That sounds about right.
Where did you see this one?

my thoughts exactly. He be a steal and they need an edge rusher, but those two think they're going to find the next beast mode through the draft, apparently forgetting that Lynch came via trade.

my thoughts exactly. He be a steal and they need an edge rusher, but those two think they're going to find the next beast mode through the draft, apparently forgetting that Lynch came via trade.
Best case scenario for the Seahawks is that he's there in the 5th round.....we'll find out soon. Draft time until noon should be interesting. We'll know by 2:30 where the Seahawks go with their 4 fifth round picks.

Last edited:
All of these guys will get free agent contracts if they are not drafted. Then it is every man for himself as they fight to get on an NFL roster. O'Connell may end up being a steal. He really needs good coaching and conditioning as he received precious little in Pullman. Now there is no guaranteed money so drafting a Qb at this time is not a big deal since he does not cut it,he is simply cut loose.

I blame Curtis Allen...

Well Mel Kiper thinks that Falk will be selected,early today. But he was the guy who anointed Falk as Brady s successor. We shall see. Hercules and Madison will be selected probably in the fifth round as i predicted.

The last QB rated above Falk was picked up by the Giants in the 4th. So he should be next...whenever.

The last QB rated above Falk was picked up by the Giants in the 4th. So he should be next...whenever.
Crosby from Oregon not being picked yet makes me think the NFL doesn't value Pac12 olinemen. Could we cut away to that car crash in Los Angeles.?

All of our OL will get points knocked off for being so pass-heavy. They aren’t asked to run block much, and the NFL knows that. And from watching games, we all know that they’re not that good at it.

I think someone might take a flyer on Falk in the 5th. Several teams are at the point where they need to start grooming a replacement, and he’s worth a look. He’ll get drafted on that basis alone. The Chargers, Saints, Dolphins, and Patriots seem high on that list. Seahawks could use a quality backup (although Falk doesn’t fit their style), maybe the Packers. Any team with significant OL weaknesses may not look closely, since he has zero elusiveness.

Hercules is in an odd spot. He’s listed as a DT, but he’s too light for that in the NFL. Size-wise, he fits better as an OLB, but I don’t know that he’s ever played in pass coverage. He’s going to fall just because nobody is sure what to do with him, but I think he’ll get picked up as a late project.

Last edited:
All of our OL will get points knocked off for being so pass-heavy. They aren’t asked to run block much, and the NFL knows that. And from watching games, we all know that they’re not that good at it.

I think someone might take a flyer on Falk in the 5th. Several teams are at the point where they need to start grooming a replacement, and he’s worth a look. He’ll get drafted on that basis alone.

Hercules is in an odd spot. He’s listed as a DT, but he’s too light for that in the NFL. Size-wise, he fits better as an OLB, but I don’t know that he’s ever played in pass coverage. He’s going to fall just because nobody is sure what to do with him, but I think he’ll get picked up as a late project.
Seattle's on the clock. They'll probably take that olb from uw.

Upon further review.....Luke should of declared for the draft last year and Herc should of stayed in school.

Well....now QBs from Richmond and Western Kentucky have been also taken ahead of Luke. Added to the guys already taken that’s a LOT of QBs going before Falk.

You have to wonder about the pre-draft hype having him go possibly as high as the end of the first, or top of the second? And that wasn’t all coming from Coug fan sites.

Probably ends up being a combination of things? He’s been been pretty beat up and battered over his career at WSU. He’s probably facing the stigma of “system QB” that maybe a guy who was higher rated as an athlete, like Goff, was able to overcome, having played in a similar system?

Luke’s performance seemed to tail off this year, too. Yes, he was injured. And yes, he missed Marks and Craycraft. And yes, the OL didn’t seem to be quite as effective.

But many Coug fans complained of Flak seeming hesitant to pull the trigger much of the season. And he was benched in at least a game or two (Cal and ‘Zona in particular).

So maybe all those things have been factored in by the pros and have resulted in him unfortunately dropping behind so many other QBs in this draft?

The coaching of the O line was poor. Even leach knew this and that is why he made a change. Madison is a good sound value pick. Hercules maybe a late in the 6th round. Falk is seen as a "systems QB" who could not move the system against good teams.The scouts looked at videos against teams like udub and his hesitation,his poor reads and his legend began to fade away. . Maybe Yaki was right,Allen was his coach of choice,they share a lot in common. People complained about it, but somehow thought he would be high draft pick? Hercules should have stayed another year to work on his weaknesses. Hindsight is 20/20 i guess.

Falk late 6th rounder. He went one round earlier than i thought he would. At least he may get a signing bonus to jump start his coaching career which will start next year.

Falk late 6th rounder. He went one round earlier than i thought he would. At least he may get a signing bonus to jump start his coaching career which will start next year.

You rarely miss a chance to take a pot shot at one of our players or coaches. Right or wrong, it wouldn't hurt you to show a little class once in a little while and offer some support (or at least keep your negative opinion to yourself) for those who've shed blood, sweat and tears for our Alma Mater.

You rarely miss a chance to take a pot shot at one of our players or coaches. Right or wrong, it wouldn't hurt you to show a little class once in a little while and offer some support (or at least keep your negative opinion to yourself) for those who've shed blood, sweat and tears for our Alma Mater.

Agreed. I don’t get that. Hell, I hope Luke holds a clipboard for 5+ years. What Coug wouldn’t want that for him?

It also does not hurt to be realistic about players. Luke will not hold a clipboard for very long. The hero status of some players is beyond me. I would like to see the best players play and that has not been the case for the last few years. That is an opinion and other people have different opinions. Some poster her could not wait for Falk to be drafed high so i would be proven wrong. Well guess who was right on that one. I liked Madison s pick and he deserved the pick.The coaching staff make good money. There are no sacred cows in sports .As for "pot shots" at coaches ,my criticism pales compared to what other "fans " her have said about coaches.They are a well paid profession and are public figures. I have not taken them to task for their opinions. I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored.

It also does not hurt to be realistic about players. Luke will not hold a clipboard for very long. The hero status of some players is beyond me. I would like to see the best players play and that has not been the case for the last few years. That is an opinion and other people have different opinions. Some poster her could not wait for Falk to be drafed high so i would be proven wrong. Well guess who was right on that one. I liked Madison s pick and he deserved the pick.The coaching staff make good money. There are no sacred cows in sports .As for "pot shots" at coaches ,my criticism pales compared to what other "fans " her have said about coaches.They are a well paid profession and are public figures. I have not taken them to task for their opinions. I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored.
It's not about you. Players being picked in the draft is good for the program.

When You Make Stuff Like This Up, The Internet Is Always Here To Shine A Light On A Biased Liar.

The coaching of the O line was poor. Even leach knew this and that is why he made a change.

Here’s Leach’s True Reaction from Seattle Times:

“When asked about McGuire’s departure during a news conference Wednesday, WSU head coach Mike Leach seemed displeased about losing his offensive line coach. Leach said he wished McGuire well but said, “He’s gotta sort that himself. From his standpoint, he’s going back home, but they’re on thin ice out there. If you fall through the ice you’re leaving home pretty quick too.”

Senior QBs that get benched for poor play don’t get drafted in round 1
Tony Sacca got drafted in round 2 by the Cardinals after getting yanked a lot in his career. I think he lasted one year in the league. Those were not good years in Phoenix

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT