ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Guys, you will hate me this week, but I am concerned that this will be the notorious "flat emotion" game for the year. Unfocused, unprepared, overconfident, etc. Unusually for us, we are "the team to beat" in the PAC right now. We will get Colorado's best effort on their home field.

I also expect Colorado to get some of the key guys back this week that have been out for part of the season.

Those things combined mean that we are down early, probably come back, but come up short.

Buffs 31
Cougs 28

Guys, you will hate me this week, but I am concerned that this will be the notorious "flat emotion" game for the year. Unfocused, unprepared, overconfident, etc. Unusually for us, we are "the team to beat" in the PAC right now. We will get Colorado's best effort on their home field.

I also expect Colorado to get some of the key guys back this week that have been out for part of the season.

Those things combined mean that we are down early, probably come back, but come up short.

Buffs 31
Cougs 28

Weren’t we supposed to be flat and emotional the past few weeks?

Buffs 31
Cougs 28

I thought the team was flat against Cal. I think they know that and will come out ready to play an entire game..

Buffs 31
Cougs 28
I hear ya cr8zyn. It seems normal to accept that there will be a setback, where we just don't show up. An off day. We get it.

The only thing I can say is that Gardner has not let us down. Not once. Even though he's human, he's failed to disappoint or let us down.

If we do run the table, we'll always look back at this magical season, and remember the "one hit wonder".

I think this Colorado game will be very close and competitive. Yeah, we might lose, but good news....(looking ahead), I think the Huskies are way more concerned of us, than we are of them. We'll have no fear going into the AC. That will be cool.

Buffs 31
Cougs 28
GET THE F— ON BOARD OR EAT A BAG OF D——S AND MEET ME AND MY F—ING MACHETE IN THE BLUE LOT!!!!!!!!!!!11

—TRON

:)

Guys, you will hate me this week

Buffs 31
Cougs 28

Why is this week different? :D

Weren’t we supposed to be flat and emotional the past few weeks?

I will avoid any comments that involve females...….

The only thing I can say is that Gardner has not let us down. Not once. Even though he's human, he's failed to disappoint or let us down.

We'll have no fear going into the AC. That will be cool.

Gawdner - human? What is wrong with you?:mad:
And I'm scared s#!+less for Apple Cup. Where have you been since 1981?

Borghi runs for over 100+ all purpose by himself and 2 TDs as the Cougs absolutely destroy the buffs 44-17.

In the Cal postgame Borghi was saying something about needing 200 tickets. He'll be ready to play.

Buffs 31
Cougs 28
Cougs offense gets it back on track. 44-31

We were down 28-14 to Stanford in the first half. I’m gonna say that was a good example of us coming out flat. We had a serious letdown in the second half against Oregon. We were sloppy in the rain against Cal.

Maybe, just maybe, we’ve gotten our bad games behind us and we are due to hand someone a serious beat down?

WSU 42 CU 17

Big crowd in Boulder.. down early as the Buffs go ahead on a little trickeration...but that's all they got.
We settle down and methodically pick them apart...
Us - 38
Them - 20

The bigger question is why would you start a prediction thread so early in the week? These threads, at the earliest, should start on Thursday.

Reactions: kougkurt
Another squeaker, unfortunately.

Gardner makes a great play late per the norm.

Cougs 33
CU 27

Big crowd in Boulder.. down early as the Buffs go ahead on a little trickeration...but that's all they got.
We settle down and methodically pick them apart...
Us - 38
Them - 20

I'm curious about crowd size. We bought tickets from the CU website and they are desperate enough to sell tickets that they asked us to buy an additional ticket for $15 to donate to the troops. Maybe they just love the troops that much, but that's pretty cheap for that bonus ticket. They had about 5,000 empty seats for their game against OSU. It'll probably be a decent crowd but with the 4 game losing streak, it will be interesting to see where it ends up at.

I'll save my prediction for the real prediction thread later, but I will remind you that this game is at elevation. That tends to hurt most for the big uglies, which could play a major role in the game.

35-17 WSU, Cougs don't come out firing on all cylinders in the first half, but still have a lead then they close out Colorado in the 2nd Half.

The bigger question is why would you start a prediction thread so early in the week? These threads, at the earliest, should start on Thursday.
The biggest question is why you haven’t picked us to lose yet!

I'm curious about crowd size. We bought tickets from the CU website and they are desperate enough to sell tickets that they asked us to buy an additional ticket for $15 to donate to the troops. Maybe they just love the troops that much, but that's pretty cheap for that bonus ticket. They had about 5,000 empty seats for their game against OSU. It'll probably be a decent crowd but with the 4 game losing streak, it will be interesting to see where it ends up at.
I'm here in Colorado. I work at a major sponsor company which has suites and loads of tickets. Emails going around asking if anybody wants to go, which few are biting on. Talked to someone in the break room who planned to attend - no longer. There will still be tens of thousands, but I think the early season air has gone out when you're favored to lose your 5th game of the year with a handful left to play.

I haven't been too impressed with the Buffs all season and don't expect them to step up for this game in particular. I think Cougs get the kinks worked out and stomp. Score prediction later in the week.

I'm here in Colorado. I work at a major sponsor company which has suites and loads of tickets. Emails going around asking if anybody wants to go, which few are biting on. Talked to someone in the break room who planned to attend - no longer. There will still be tens of thousands, but I think the early season air has gone out when you're favored to lose your 5th game of the year with a handful left to play.

You were able to cop a few suite tickets for yourself to enjoy, I hope!

*note to self - Chip is the guy to see for CU away games.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
*note to self - Chip is the guy to see for CU away games.
I've worked for a couple bigs who both had suites all over the country. I've had lots of great experiences seeing teams I have no interest in: Lakers-Clippers, Blues, Yankees, Red Sox, Broncos, Buffs... this is the rare time I have a dog in the fight.

But I actually won't be using the suites as (a) wife bought me decent outside tix already and (b) suites might as well be somebody's living room: 3/4 of people aren't paying attention, you can't see the action on the field very well so everybody's watching it on TV with TV sound.

PS the real perk out here is the Epic Pass...

I've worked for a couple bigs who both had suites all over the country. I've had lots of great experiences seeing teams I have no interest in: Lakers-Clippers, Blues, Yankees, Red Sox, Broncos, Buffs... this is the rare time I have a dog in the fight.

But I actually won't be using the suites as (a) wife bought me decent outside tix already and (b) suites might as well be somebody's living room: 3/4 of people aren't paying attention, you can't see the action on the field very well so everybody's watching it on TV with TV sound.

This guy knows the suite life. I will say the food and drinks are the best part in my opinion.

The Buffs Laviska Shenault is an elite WR, so it will be interesting to see how we do against him.

Love the Epic Pass! Now if Vail could buy Copper, the summit would be complete!

Love the buffalo mascot charging onto the field at Folsom. But the Buffs pass defense is a mess right now and they have been shredded in their last few games.... I see WSU continuing that trend. . .
Cougs 35
Buffs 20 F

Oregon State dropped 41 against Colorado in Boulder. They won’t stop our offense and our defense won’t allow them to keep up.

48-24 Cougs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT