ADVERTISEMENT

Question about who calls the plays

cougarhawk1

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2019
Okay say Leach calls a pass, Gordon can check down to the run if he sees a 3 man front-which he refused to do, but is the run just not getting called enough-or is Gordon thinking of stats and refusing to check down to the run ? Im going to say this ultimately goes to Leach because he can order Gordon to go to the run and call running plays.

We have a great receiving corps-best ive seen at WSU-great RB who probably will make an NFL roster-and a so-so but adequate O line, biggest problem I see is at QB on offense

Defense, two words, dumpster fire

The play calling, as I understand it, is on AG. Leach is either coaching him not to run into a light box or allowing it to happen.

Okay say Leach calls a pass, Gordon can check down to the run if he sees a 3 man front-which he refused to do, but is the run just not getting called enough-or is Gordon thinking of stats and refusing to check down to the run ? Im going to say this ultimately goes to Leach because he can order Gordon to go to the run and call running plays.

We have a great receiving corps-best ive seen at WSU-great RB who probably will make an NFL roster-and a so-so but adequate O line, biggest problem I see is at QB on offense

Defense, two words, dumpster fire

How dare you sir. Do not insult dumpsters or fires with that comparison!

On the play calling, that's who I understand it. Leach almost always calls a pass, and the QB has free reign to check to the run or check to some other pass play. I believe (not certain about this), that when WRs have options on what route to run based on what they see on the coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT