ADVERTISEMENT

Question for CaliTrojan4Life - WSU vs SC - Friday Night Lights

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
Since your an SC guy, I'd be interested in your take on the WSU-SC game. I barely have enough time to follow my Cougs but I suspect you have a pretty good knowledge of both programs. I do know that Darnold is one of the most impressive QBs I've seen in a long time but have been fooled by Trojan qbs in the past.

Other than the Apple Cup, I haven't been this excited for a Coug game in a long time. A win in this game elevate the program to a spot it's never been to in regards to recruiting, fan interest etc. More so than beating uw would in my opinion (but man I'm so tired of losing to them). A win would be 4 out of the last 5 against the LA schools.

Since your an SC guy, I'd be interested in your take on the WSU-SC game. I barely have enough time to follow my Cougs but I suspect you have a pretty good knowledge of both programs. I do know that Darnold is one of the most impressive QBs I've seen in a long time but have been fooled by Trojan qbs in the past.

Other than the Apple Cup, I haven't been this excited for a Coug game in a long time. A win in this game elevate the program to a spot it's never been to in regards to recruiting, fan interest etc. More so than beating uw would in my opinion (but man I'm so tired of losing to them). A win would be 4 out of the last 5 against the LA schools.
Pippins will have 15 picks against Darnold, after which SC will stop throwing to his side of the field in recognition of his greatness.

Any game against USC is obviously going to be a tough game for WSU to win but I feel oddly confident this year. Of course, it has been pre-ordained that we will win against USC. I recently played NCAA14 on my old PS3 (lots of dust to knock off). The 2017 National Championship was a showdown between 13-0 WSU and 12-1 Kansas State University. For the record, I put BYU and Air Force into the Big 12 to get them to 12 teams with a championship game.

Any game against USC is obviously going to be a tough game for WSU to win but I feel oddly confident this year. Of course, it has been pre-ordained that we will win against USC. I recently played NCAA14 on my old PS3 (lots of dust to knock off). The 2017 National Championship was a showdown between 13-0 WSU and 12-1 Kansas State University. For the record, I put BYU and Air Force into the Big 12 to get them to 12 teams with a championship game.
I miss the NCAA video games, they were the main reason I had video game consoles. They had finally started to figure out how to make spread option and shotgun based rungames effective in those games, and then the lawsuits pulled the plug. I actually sympathize with O'Bannon's position, and EA had offered to provide post-eligibility compensation to players for use of likeness, but the NCAA being the NCAA, well...

CouginNCW, sorry about the response wait but I'm on vacation. That said, I think this will be a high scoring contest between these two teams. Somewhere in the range of 35-31. So as you can see I believe this game can go either way. In regards to Sam Darnold vs Wazzu's defense I see him having a solid night but not great. On the USC rivals board I was the first poster to go out on a limb to say Darnold would start over then 5* Max Browne and Ricky Town. So yes, as you can see I'm high on Darnold and I believe he'll be the main reason SC wins the Pac12 championship this year. I also believe our D-Fence will be up to the task against Leach's Air-Raid. When it comes to our defense "I trust in Clancy" and we have some boys for his aggressive philosophy.

Now let's talk about them Cougars. If they can slow SC's offense down I think they can pull out the upset. This all depends on if Grinch has the right scheme/game plan to do this. Will he limit Darnold to just running or allow him to pass. I would allow Darnold the freedom to run and take away the pass. Now, if for some reason the Cougars are up early or up at the half I truly believe they will win the game. SC has not been known for coming from behind in the last few years excluding Penn State. So to make a long story short, I have Wazzu winning if the defense takes away the pass and forces Darnold to run more then he wants to. SC wins if Darnold is allowed to utilize his God given talent to run and throw the ball against the Cougars D-Fence. So my early prediction for this game would be Trojans win by 10.

CT4L

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT