ADVERTISEMENT

Question of Strategery

Stretch 74

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
With 4th down and a yard to go at their own 29 yard line, do you think DeBoer would have made a different decision about going for it if our kicker hadn't been struggling recently? I think he had missed 3 between Stanford and Cal, missed one already in the Apple Cup, not sure how he did vs colorado. I bet that was a big factor in his calculations.

With 4th down and a yard to go at their own 29 yard line, do you think DeBoer would have made a different decision about going for it if our kicker hadn't been struggling recently? I think he had missed 3 between Stanford and Cal, missed one already in the Apple Cup, not sure how he did vs colorado. I bet that was a big factor in his calculations.
I think there was Dickerts biggest mistake of the day to call time out. It gave Deboer time to think it over. Maybe if it is on the fly with time moving he decides to punt it.

But he had a play that could not be defensed. Pence had three options. Keep it, pitch it, or a pass to a TE. WE had one guy to cover all three options.

What it really says is Deboer didn't believe in his defense. One frickin holding call. One. He would have lost if we get that first down on the holding call.

I think there was Dickerts biggest mistake of the day to call time out. It gave Deboer time to think it over. Maybe if it is on the fly with time moving he decides to punt it.

But he had a play that could not be defensed. Pence had three options. Keep it, pitch it, or a pass to a TE. WE had one guy to cover all three options.

What it really says is Deboer didn't believe in his defense. One frickin holding call. One. He would have lost if we get that first down on the holding call.
I recall thinking "why call the timeout Jake? It helps them, too."

However, because DeBoer didn't trust his defense and didn't want the game's outcome in our offense's hand, I think he may have gone for it anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT