ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Assistant

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
Well as some of the coaching shake-up continues we are most likely getting closer to getting that last assistant in the fold. Seems like they are perhaps waiting for some of the HC things to shake out.

Since the HC will be in Spokane maybe there is a chance he will name the last guy. There is always the operations position to fill as well.

Since we still need 2014 guys no doubt the staff will be hitting the pavement and airways to get it done.

Originally posted by 7ICoug:

Since we still need 2014 guys no doubt the staff will be hitting the pavement and airways to get it done.

I thought we were full in 2014 with Isabelle and Morgan. Do you expect Ernie to run one or two to make room?

Nope we have an open. Lawhorn's spot. I expect that Ernie will evaluate the team and no doubt some normal comings and goings will occur.

Players seeking more PT and perhaps practice players on scholarship might move. Hopefully not too many.

What do you think?

I think one or two guys might leave, but not because Ernie runs anyone. We already have room for one, and it seems unlikely we could upgrade too much at this point. Not likely we could find more than one guy who would help much next season.

It depends,there are several quality ballplayers available both at the high school and the juco level..Aside from about 4-5 current players,it would not be hard to upgrade the roster..The roster needs one or two quality big men ,a taller swing player who can play defense and another point guard.If any of Ernie's assistants have already made contact with the available players or his contacts can steer a few good players his way Ernie needs to move on these players.

1 current opening + 2 opportunities to pursue excellence in a way that is better suited to your strengths = 3 spots available now?

then, if two more find better opportunity elsewhere the following year... 7 man recruiting class?

This turnaround could be rapid without anybody getting their feelings hurt.

Possible four. I see Boese.Hunter and Hawkinson as players who may want to pursue academics. There are a few good jucos who are still available.

This post was edited on 4/11 5:38 PM by ElComanche

This post was edited on 4/11 5:41 PM by ElComanche

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT