ADVERTISEMENT

ROCKY KATOANGA Development is key at LB

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
Listed at 6-2 240lbs

My hope is that he’ll breakthrough after redshirting like Jahad Woods did after his RS year. We really need some new blood to start to show up at LB.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Listed at 6-2 240lbs

My hope is that he’ll breakthrough after redshirting like Jahad Woods did after his RS year. We really need some new blood to start to show up at LB.
Ugh, Jahad.

What a waste of a year of eligibility last year was, playing on that keystone kops of a defense. Really hoping that the new crew puts him in a position to shine this year and take advantage of his speed and aggressiveness.

The bigger issue with that position is finding that true QB on defense, which typically is the LB. Will it be Rocky?

Travion Brown is the key at linebacker. I heard Leach and Roc liked Justus Rogers as the QB of the D but he was so limited physically the slightest mistake was a disaster. I don't think Sherman is the answer either.

Travion Brown is the key at linebacker. I heard Leach and Roc liked Justus Rogers as the QB of the D but he was so limited physically the slightest mistake was a disaster. I don't think Sherman is the answer either.
I’m sorry I don’t like bagging on individual players but if Leach and Roc saw that in JR, that’s bad coaching. He couldn’t read a play and take an angle worth a piss. And he doesn’t have the athleticism to make up for poor reads. He’s a special teams player and BU linebacker.

TB is talented. With the right coaching and physical development he’s a superstar. With JW and TB that’s a decent start to some talent at the position but you need to find a couple other players that can play at this level. JR ain’t one of them, it may be a true freshmen.

Listed at 6-2 240lbs

I expect someone to emerge and he's one. Where has Mejia been? After wiping the slate clean...it should be interesting what the new staff finds out.

JR is HORRIBLE absolutely BRUTAL. If he is starting next year expect the same swiss cheese look on D.

JR is HORRIBLE absolutely BRUTAL. If he is starting next year expect the same swiss cheese look on D.

I don't disagree. Obviously we don't watch these guys in practice every week, but I didn't understand the previous regimes linebacker philosophy. I seemed pretty obvious Travion Brown should have gotten more of an opportunity to figure things out as he was the most talented LB on the roster. Tyrese Ross was another player who is talented enough, but didn't see near enough snaps. Cosmas Kwete was the third.

All three were green but showed enough to justify the growing pains. I also wonder if Halid Djibril or Patrick Nunn ends up at linebacker next year. The recruiting class offers very little in the way of help at LB so we are going to need to upgrade from within.

Scout team QB when we go up against teams running Wing T.

Nope to slow for both Safety and Scout team QB. End, Guard and Tackle is where he belongs....End of the bench, guard the Gatorade Bucket and tackle anyone that comes near it.

NUFF SAID.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT