ADVERTISEMENT

Rolovich article on ESPN

Its called emergency use authorization. I know that playing obtuse about it is a common tactic, but I find it hilarious that the "don't trust the government" crowd suddenly cares about FDA approval.

None of the treatments you get in the hospital for Covid are FDA approved either. You going to reject those too if you end up there?

So no link?

So no link?
You know what is weird .. where the variant has hit the hardest was last weeks leader in getting the non fully FDA approval.

Not sure why you and others hide behind the EUA… you get they fully vetted the safety of the vaccine. They now have 160 million shots in arms. The safety concerns with vaccines are within the first six weeks .

But if you think people should wait for 5 more weeks until full approval comes then so be it .Wear masks until then .

Last edited:
Its called emergency use authorization. I know that playing obtuse about it is a common tactic, but I find it hilarious that the "don't trust the government" crowd suddenly cares about FDA approval.

None of the treatments you get in the hospital for Covid are FDA approved either. You going to reject those too if you end up there?

I'm doubtful that anyone hesitant to get the vaccine and has lived their life the last 18 months without the vaccine is in the hospital with the virus.

You know what is weird .. where the variant has hit the hardest was last weeks leader in getting the non fully fad approval.

Not sure why you and others hide behind the EUA… you get they fully vetted the safety of the vaccine. They now have 160 million shots in arms. The safety concerns with vaccines are within the first six weeks .

But if you think people should wait for 5 more weeks until full approval comes then so be it . I ear masks until then .

It the vaccines were fully vetted, where is the FDA approval?

You seem like you need an ear mask. Bonus points to Ed for extra safety.

I'm doubtful that anyone hesitant to get the vaccine and has lived their life the last 18 months without the vaccine is in the hospital with the virus.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
It the vaccines were fully vetted, where is the FDA approval?

You seem like you need an ear mask. Bonus points to Ed for extra safety.
The vaccine has gone through comprehensive trials . But feel free to screw around with lawyer bs. Let a new variant pop up . Like I said before thin the herd . All I ask is kids who are not vaccinated wear a mask when in school . And they should prioritize the kids if the had the vaccine and need to be hospikized they get the bed, kids who want to be able to sue get second fiddle.

When they get the approval after they finalize looking at the facilities you will once again say… the efficacy isn’t what it should be , why should someone take a vaccine that is t at 90% or whatever the number is .

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
The vaccine has gone through comprehensive trials . But feel free to screw around with lawyer bs. Let a new variant pop up . Like I said before thin the herd . All I ask is kids who are not vaccinated wear a mask when in school . And they should prioritize the kids if the had the vaccine and need to be hospikized they get the bed, kids who want to be able to sue get second fiddle.

When they get the approval after they finalize looking at the facilities you will once again say… the efficacy isn’t what it should be , why should someone take a vaccine that is t at 90% or whatever the number is .
So, with the comprehensive trials in the rear view mirror, where is the full FDA approval? For reasons unknown, you remain focused on manufacturing facility inspection. There is more to it than that.

Still wearing the ear mask?

So of the over 12,000 hospitalized yesterday in Florida due to COVID (record high), 96% of which are unvaccinated, your contention is none of these has “lived their life the last 18 months” ? How do you define “lived their life the last 18 months”?

So, with the comprehensive trials in the rear view mirror, where is the full FDA approval? For reasons unknown, you remain focused on manufacturing facility inspection. There is more to it than that.

Still wearing the ear mask?
Pfizer right around the corner. Think of the FDA approval like all elections prior to this one. In 2016 Donald Trump won the Electoral college in November. In January of 2017 Joe Biden certified the election of Donald Trump. The electoral votes had already been counted. The data is already in on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine has already been proven, just like the electoral votes have already been counted.

But your argument will be short lived. Pfizer will have its FDA approval by 9-15. My argument remains the same. It is way more rational to take a safe vaccine to mitigate the virus from mutating and creating more top down policies from the government. It is plain "irrational" to think the virus won't mutate to a virus that won't affect men and woman under 50, and eventually get to kids 18-22.

Vax it or mask it....

So of the over 12,000 hospitalized yesterday in Florida due to COVID (record high), 96% of which are unvaccinated, your contention is none of these has “lived their life the last 18 months” ? How do you define “lived their life the last 18 months”?

That they've exposed to the virus.

Do you? And to what effectiveness as a strategy to end the pandemic?

Is your position that aquiring herd protection through natural immunity is the best strategy?

My position is that herd immunity can be achieved through exposure to the virus. It can also be achieved vaccines. It can also be achieved through a combination of the two. We don't really know how many people have been exposed to the virus in the last 18 months. It also may turn out that Covid is endemic.

I guess you don't believe in natural immunity.
Natural immunity doesn't exist when only 10% of the population has been infected. And, nobody knows how long it lasts.

Meaningful natural immunity probably requires at least 70% of the population to be infected, which means about another 210 million people need to get it. Current stats suggest mortality of somewhere around 0.5% (although delta may be nudging that higher), so that means another million people need to die before we even approach immunity.

By comparison, if we vaccinated 100% of the population, based on the current numbers we'd see about 7,400 deaths and severe reactions combined (anaphylaxis, myocarditis, pericarditis, GBS, thrombosis, or death). Only about 3,400 of those would be deaths. (Using delivery of vaccine to another 180M people, death/severe reaction rate of 0.0041% and death rate of 0.0019%, using numbers reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System).

So, yes. I think sacrificing 3,400 people to get to immunity makes more sense than sacrificing a million to get to partial immunity. Especially when it probably happens faster using vaccination. Even if it means regular boosters, it's a better approach.

That they've exposed to the virus.
And what does that entail?

If I’m outside and walk by someone who is currently infectious, is that exposure to the virus? Is this answer the same if both people are masked? Does it matter how close I am to that person? Or does it require that I actually inhale a droplet containing the virus?

Your contention is either dubious or meaningless.

And regardless, it is a strange definition of living life to mean exposing yourself to virus.

If I’m outside and walk by someone who is currently infectious, is that exposure to the virus? Is this answer the same if both people are masked? Does it matter how close I am to that person? Or does it require that I actually inhale a droplet containing the virus?

And regardless, it is a strange definition of living life to mean exposing yourself to virus.

There was a time when mothers would purposefully arrange play dates, sip cocktails, smoke cigarettes and expose their kids to the chicken pox virus.

Living life.

Natural immunity doesn't exist when only 10% of the population has been infected. And, nobody knows how long it lasts.

Meaningful natural immunity probably requires at least 70% of the population to be infected, which means about another 210 million people need to get it. Current stats suggest mortality of somewhere around 0.5% (although delta may be nudging that higher), so that means another million people need to die before we even approach immunity.

By comparison, if we vaccinated 100% of the population, based on the current numbers we'd see about 7,400 deaths and severe reactions combined (anaphylaxis, myocarditis, pericarditis, GBS, thrombosis, or death). Only about 3,400 of those would be deaths. (Using delivery of vaccine to another 180M people, death/severe reaction rate of 0.0041% and death rate of 0.0019%, using numbers reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System).

So, yes. I think sacrificing 3,400 people to get to immunity makes more sense than sacrificing a million to get to partial immunity. Especially when it probably happens faster using vaccination. Even if it means regular boosters, it's a better approach.
So, in other words despite the United States being one of the world leaders in vaccination, with 50ish percent of Americans vaccinated or even with 100 percent vaccinated, we're screwed anyway because of the lack of vaccination in India, Bangladesh, Brazil, etc. that make up the vast majority of the world's population and will be the breeding ground for new variants for decades.

The virus that has a 99.5 percent survival rate?

So, in other words despite the United States being one of the world leaders in vaccination, with 50ish percent of Americans vaccinated or even with 100 percent vaccinated, we're screwed anyway because of the lack of vaccination in India, Bangladesh, Brazil, etc. that make up the vast majority of the world's population and will be the breeding ground for new variants for decades.
There's a kernel of truth to that, but being vaccinated will still provide more protection than not being vaccinated. And, even if we can't get a majority in those countries covered, the more we can reduce infections, the more it will slow mutation and variation.

There was a time when mothers would purposefully arrange play dates, sip cocktails, smoke cigarettes and expose their kids to the chicken pox virus.

Living life.
Chicken pox had a 0.001% mortality in kids. Kids had a better chance of getting killed in the car on their way to their play date than they did of getting killed by chicken pox. Especially since in those days, the kid was sitting on the front seat without a seat belt while mom drove the car with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other...and wasn't breaking any laws.

There's a kernel of truth to that, but being vaccinated will still provide more protection than not being vaccinated. And, even if we can't get a majority in those countries covered, the more we can reduce infections, the more it will slow mutation and variation.

A kernel? We're talking about years, if not decades, to vaccinate 70+ percent of the 7.9 billion people on this planet. Are you expect the virus to cooperate and not mutate?

My position is that herd immunity can be achieved through exposure to the virus. It can also be achieved vaccines. It can also be achieved through a combination of the two. We don't really know how many people have been exposed to the virus in the last 18 months. It also may turn out that Covid is endemic.
It probably will be endemic, but may take up to 2 years not accounting for, as yet, unforseen variables.

My position is that your position is naive and uninformed and doesn't adequately take into consideration real-world evidence both prior to vaccinations and since. Taihtsat

It probably will be endemic, but may take up to 2 years not accounting for, as yet, unforseen variables.

My position is that your position is naive and uninformed and doesn't adequately take into consideration real-world evidence both prior to vaccinations and since. Taihtsat
Real-world evidence, like worldwide vaccination rates?

Is it ALL just about survival? Can you think if any other detrimental outcomes to a highly infectious disease ripping through the human population besides deaths?
What is going to stop it from "ripping through the human population" especially if you think it's likely to be endemic?

You're still bad at Taihtsat.

Living life.
So not doing this anymore is not living life? And not doing this for a far more deadly virus also means not living life?

strange

Last edited:
Reactions: wazzucougs96
Among many, many other variables. Why don't you try to figure that one out before you keep playing here.
Let's make this simpler for you and cut right to the chase: in a perfect scenerio where we could either expose the entire population to the virus or vaccinate the entire population, which do you believe would lead to the least harm and suffering?

Let's make this simpler for you and cut right to the chase: in a perfect scenerio where we could either expose the entire population to the virus or vaccinate the entire population, which do you believe would lead to the least harm and suffering?

First, you're talking to yourself. Second, it doesn't matter because neither are plausible. That's the real-world point you're either too naive or too arrogant to understand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT