ADVERTISEMENT

Rolovich article on ESPN

Interesting....my dental hygienist just told me she is headed for England next month. She is fully vaxed, they are quarantining her. So it has been a policy that other countries have adopted.

Well, you shouldn’t take travel advice from your dental hygienist.

I’d rather take my chances with Covid over polio. How about you?

The funny thing is......you don't have to take your chances at all. Get the vaccine and your odds get a hell of a lot better.

In a vacuum, I really don't care who does and doesn't get the vaccine. I do think that people should be able to make their own choices. The problem is that all the anti-vaxxing a-holes and people spurring them on are awful quick to go to the hospital when they get sick and they get all remorseful once they catch the virus.

Personally, I think that anyone who doesn't take the vaccine for personal or religious reasons should forfeit their right to receive medical treatment for COVID. If you don't believe in the science of the vaccine, you don't deserve to waste our resources in the hospital. Make that personal choice and keep your ass home and rub some 'tussin on it. If God tells someone not to take the vaccine, their ass should be ready to go home when he calls on them by giving them COVID.

I hate the idea that our economy might get shut down again and harm millions of peoples lives, just because people want to claim their mythical personal freedom.

I just wish that people really believed in personal choice and personal responsibility when things go sideways on them.....but those are always the same people who expect help when they can't breathe because they caught COVID.

I’d rather take my chances with Covid over polio. How about you?
Hard to say because the infection fatality rate is not very clear for either. If there were over 3 million asymptomatic polio cases in US in 1952 as the study described in the below article suggests, then the infection fatality rate for COVID is almost certainly significantly higher. But data for both is limited because it is difficult to know how many asymptomatic or mild cases there are/were.

https://www.voanews.com/science-health/silent-polio-cases-could-reignite-epidemics-study-warns

What is not hard to tell is that COVID has caused far more deaths and significant hospitalizations in US than polio did during worst polio epidemic. 3,145 deaths from polio that year and 21,269 left with mild to disabling paralysis compared to over 600,000 COVID deaths in about a year and a half.
In US.

Fortunately, I’ve been vaccinated for both and don’t have to decide to pick one.

Last edited:
The funny thing is......you don't have to take your chances at all. Get the vaccine and your odds get a hell of a lot better.

In a vacuum, I really don't care who does and doesn't get the vaccine. I do think that people should be able to make their own choices. The problem is that all the anti-vaxxing a-holes and people spurring them on are awful quick to go to the hospital when they get sick and they get all remorseful once they catch the virus.

Personally, I think that anyone who doesn't take the vaccine for personal or religious reasons should forfeit their right to receive medical treatment for COVID. If you don't believe in the science of the vaccine, you don't deserve to waste our resources in the hospital. Make that personal choice and keep your ass home and rub some 'tussin on it. If God tells someone not to take the vaccine, their ass should be ready to go home when he calls on them by giving them COVID.

I hate the idea that our economy might get shut down again and harm millions of peoples lives, just because people want to claim their mythical personal freedom.

I just wish that people really believed in personal choice and personal responsibility when things go sideways on them.....but those are always the same people who expect help when they can't breathe because they caught COVID.

The topic was whether polio was more dangerous than Covid. But thanks for cool rant.

The topic was whether polio was more dangerous than Covid. But thanks for cool rant.

I just love how the goal posts move around to justify being an anti-vaxxer. It's amusing that your defense for people to not get the COVID vaccine is because a different disease is deadlier.

You're essentially arguing that you'd rather chug piss than eat poop.

I just love how the goal posts move around to justify being an anti-vaxxer. It's amusing that your defense for people to not get the COVID vaccine is because a different disease is deadlier.

You're essentially arguing that you'd rather chug piss than eat poop.

Not really.

Exactly … In a hospital in Louisiana they had to cancel 300 patients that were having elective surgery. If you are not vaccinated stand in line and when an available bed opens then get admitted.

The same hospital the stats are kind of revealing. 90% of the patients are 55 and younger. 45% of the patients are 50 and younger. And of course almost 100% are not vaccinated .

First, you're talking to yourself. Second, it doesn't matter because neither are plausible. That's the real-world point you're either too naive or too arrogant to understand.
It does matter because it exposes you as ignorant on this topic. You simply don't know what you are talking about when it comes to herd immunity/protection (what this thread was originally about - not polio) Your failure to explore a hypothetical scenario demonstrates a weakness in the confidence of your argument. You're anti-vax, I think we get that now. Taihtsat

Last edited:
It does matter because it exposes you as ignorant on this topic. You simply don't know what you are talking about when it comes to herd immunity/protection (what this thread was originally about - not polio) Your failure to explore a hypothetical scenerio demonstrates a weakness in the confidence of your argument. You're anti-vax, I think we get that now. Taihtsat

I didn't bring up polio. If you think I'm anti-vax, why don't you scroll through this thread. Doing so will make you look dumber than you already are.

And you still suck at Taihtsat.

I didn't bring up polio. If you think I'm anti-vax, why don't you scroll through this thread. Doing so will make you look dumber than you already are.

And you still suck at Taihtsat.
Last gasp in a losing argument from you. Another tell...

You think less harm comes from herd immunity than through vaccinations, clearly. Anti-vax. Checkmate! Taihtsat

Reactions: longtimecoug
DGib hit the nail on the head... DUMB AF
DGib doesn’t appear to be DUMB AF. Just disingenuous, ignorant, and likely not interested in learning anything contradicting his priors in an area he lacks any expertise.

You, on the other hand, seem incapable of ever appearing anything other than DUMB AF.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
DGib doesn’t appear to be DUMB AF. Just disingenuous, ignorant, and likely not interested in learning anything contradicting his priors in an area he lacks any expertise.

You, on the other hand, seem incapable of ever appearing anything other than DUMB AF.

How is it disingenuous to realize that other people can (and have the right to) hold thoughts and believes that are different from yours?

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Last gasp in a losing argument from you. Another tell...

You think less harm comes from herd immunity than through vaccinations, clearly. Anti-vax. Checkmate! Taihtsat
If you need a hypothetical, why do you consider your position (whatever that is) stronger?

If you need a hypothetical, why do you consider your position (whatever that is) stronger?
Dude, checkmate. The game is over. You want to start another game? Fine. But you'll have to play by normal debate and discussion rules. Hypotheticals are normal in debates and discussions. And they help spotlight points and weaknesses in arguments making them useful. It matters not whether thay are "impossible" (that's why they are thought experiments - see Einstein) Read David Hume sometime, or John Locke or James Madison or John Adams...

That's all I have to say about that!

Well, you shouldn’t take travel advice from your dental hygienist.

You are probably correct. The fact her son lives in the UK, and that was she was told the protocol when she booked the tickets and the fact she actually worked the day the new guidance was put out, yeah, shame on her. I would much rather have her concentrating on her job(cleaning teeth...specifically mine) rather than surfing the net for the latest protocol...but that is just me.

Dude, checkmate. The game is over. You want to start another game? Fine. But you'll have to play by normal debate and discussion rules. Hypotheticals are normal in debates and discussions. And they help spotlight points and weaknesses in arguments making them useful. It matters not whether thay are "impossible" (that's why they are thought experiments - see Einstein) Read David Hume sometime, or John Locke or James Madison or John Adams...

That's all I have to say about that!

Checkmate! I claim checkmate too. See how easy it is. Taihtsat!

You're avoiding the question- if your position is so strong, why do you need make believe?

Last edited:
You are probably correct. The fact her son lives in the UK, and that was she was told the protocol when she booked the tickets and the fact she actually worked the day the new guidance was put out, yeah, shame on her. I would much rather have her concentrating on her job(cleaning teeth...specifically mine) rather than surfing the net for the latest protocol...but that is just me.

You're the one citing your dental hygienist as an authority on travel procedures.

You collaborating with your girl wazzucougs96? Watch out, your boy Fauci (you know, the guy who essentially paid to have this virus infect the world) is sounding the alarm again. TIME TO SHUT IT ALL DOWN!! The only information you're citing to help back up your ridiculous assertions, is from the very organization that seems to have your sphincter wound up tighter than a virgin at a prison rodeo, the CDC. Please list an accepted peer review study that shows individuals that are vaccinated are less likely to transmit the Delta variant Covid virus than are those who are unvaccinated but possess natural immunities due to prior infection. Your super heroes at the CDC don't fund any research for this because they have a narrative to push and if you're not on board with that narrative, then you should be ostracized or worse. Does that sound about right Dr OscarTheGrouch?

Reactions: justinbgocougs
You collaborating with your girl wazzucougs96? Watch out, your boy Fauci (you know, the guy who essentially paid to have this virus infect the world) is sounding the alarm again. TIME TO SHUT IT ALL DOWN!! The only information you're citing to help back up your ridiculous assertions, is from the very organization that seems to have your sphincter wound up tighter than a virgin at a prison rodeo, the CDC. Please list an accepted peer review study that shows individuals that are vaccinated are less likely to transmit the Delta variant Covid virus than are those who are unvaccinated but possess natural immunities due to prior infection. Your super heroes at the CDC don't fund any research for this because they have a narrative to push and if you're not on board with that narrative, then you should be ostracized or worse. Does that sound about right Dr OscarTheGrouch?
I take it back now. Don’t know how I could ever have gotten the impression you were DUMB AF.

You're the one citing your dental hygienist as an authority on travel procedures.
I cited that was the protocol to go to the uk… and now US looks to be going to similar protocol .

But search the net tonight to see if the uk policy changed again .

please cite your proof, real proof that would support this absurd claim

Ok the updated science may show it came from a lab. Now what ?
Soooo... The same guy who basically said it was impossible for the Covid virus to be man made and not have been genetically altered in a lab is the same guy to be trusted when he says "We did not fund gain of function research at the Wuhan Labs"? You smokin' that Fentanyl China ships to the US via our open southern border?

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
I love how all these Corona Bro's on here want to act all concerned about the uptick in cases via the Delta variant but totally ignore a much larger issue with massive amount of COVID positive illegal migrants being shipped all over our country by this pathetic administration.

I love how all these Corona Bro's on here want to act all concerned about the uptick in cases via the Delta variant but totally ignore a much larger issue with massive amount of COVID positive illegal migrants being shipped all over our country by this pathetic administration.
well, they can only speak to the points that MSNBC tells them to, so.....

well, they can only speak to the points that MSNBC tells them to, so.....
Complete projection….

Fox and other right wing media is far more influential among your type than MSNBC or any other media is on the left.

But more importantly, this wouldn‘t even be a particularly partisan issue except for the fealty to Trump. The vaccines are not nearly as partisan in other countries. And other than for these COVID vaccines, the antivax crap was split among both right and left.

Doesn’t seem like you are capable of making or understanding cogent arguments. Certainly haven’t seen that from you or obviously Mr. DUMB AF. All you can do is parrot whatever (typically absurd) talking points are going around. Funny but typical that you think others must be doing the only thing you appear to know how to do.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Complete projection….

Fox and other right wing media is far more influential among your type than MSNBC or any other media is on the left.

But more importantly, this wouldn‘t even be a particularly partisan issue except for the fealty to Trump. The vaccines are not nearly as partisan in other countries. And other than for these COVID vaccines, the antivax crap was split among both right and left.

Doesn’t seem like you are capable of making or understanding cogent arguments. Certainly haven’t seen that from you or obviously Mr. DUMB AF. All you can do is parrot whatever (typically absurd) talking points are going around. Funny but typical that you think others must be doing the only thing you appear to know how to do.

How would know? Serious question.

And how does your fealty to Trump hold up in light of vaccination lagging amongst blacks?

Complete projection….

awesome. Once again you have it all figured out from the most excellent source of your a$$, from whence you pulled that entire post.

How would know? Serious question.

And how does your fealty to Trump hold up in light of vaccination lagging amongst blacks?
How would I know what?

Not claiming that partisanship is sole reason for vaccine hesitancy but is a significant one. Multiple surveys:

How would I know what?

Not claiming that partisanship is sole reason for vaccine hesitancy but is a significant one. Multiple surveys:

Now I know this will be tough for you because you revel in being intellectually dishonest, but ask yourself WHY people would be looking at this through a partisan/ blue vs red lens? I mean, there are other demographics that are much more telling that would get you further towards higher vax rates, like cultural differences in the hispanic (the largest discrepancy between vax rates and case rate) and black communities. Or how about age? There is a significant lag bewteen Boomers/ Gen X and the younger generations. But the number one headline is "hur de durr, Merica lovers r dum and don't like sience".

I know the answer to my question, and if you're honest so do you, but I doubt you'll have the integrity to admit the truth.

Last edited:
3CrUpLW4.jpeg

heheheheheh

Now I know this will be tough for you because you revel in being intellectually dishonest, but ask yourself WHY people would be looking at this through a partisan/ blue vs red lens? I mean, there are other demographics that are much more telling that would get you further towards higher vax rates, like cultural differences in the hispanic (the largest discrepancy between vax rates and case rate) and black communities. Or how about age? There is a significant lag bewteen Boomers/ Gen X and the younger generations. But the number one headline is "hur de durr, Merica lovers r dum and don't like sience".

I know the answer to my question, and if you're honest so do you, but I doubt you'll have the integrity to admit the truth.
On here, is it because the same people blathering the same right wing talking points and conspiracy theories are the same ones spewing antiivaccine, vaccine denialist talking points, and these are obviously intertwined in the same posts. So clearly the partisan part if it is driving much of the conversation here and elsewhere. Your questions are clearly intended to obfuscate. The only thing I’ve been advocating for is the efficacy of the vaccine and need to get getting more people vaccinated regardless of the various causes for low rates in various areas. The only thing bringing up the partisan reason for opposition is the partisan focus of the objections raised. Your posts on the subject show your concerns are not primarily any of the things raised here.

And you have already repeatedly shown your lack of intellectual honesty and ability to think critically. Obvious example is when you blindly jump to conclusions from one wild statistic about teacher vaccination rates being 40% (when actual number is double that) because a poster heard that somewhere. Does that lead to any self reflection on your lack of skepticism about your own narratives and the ease in which you’ll believe anything?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT