ADVERTISEMENT

SC game...

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
I would LOVE to see us come out with a chip on our shoulders...an us against the world mentality...mach 3 with their hair on fire..

I checked out some of their boards...their fans are pretty sure it's a given they'll beat us by 3 scores.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see us come out with a chip on our shoulders...an us against the world mentality...mach 3 with their hair on fire..

I checked out some of their boards...their fans are pretty sure it's a given they'll beat us by 3 scores.

That and I hope the crowd is into it right from the snap. Loud as hell for all 4 quarters! Act like it's a big game people!

That and I hope the crowd is into it right from the snap. Loud as hell for all 4 quarters! Act like it's a big game people!

The game is sold out, read somewhere that some standing room only seats are being sold. 7:30 kickoff means everyone will be juiced. :D It will be as loud as ever I hope - and I have seen some loud ones over the decades.

G-D it though, if this game was on Saturday Gameday would be here. F-ng Pac-12 sell out to TV.

If we don't come out tight and make initial blunders, it will be close to the end. If we score first, I'd expect a tie score at the half.

If we don't come out tight and make initial blunders, it will be close to the end. If we score first, I'd expect a tie score at the half.
I agree. After watching UW/Colorado, I think we might match up better with SC. UW is not invincible, but they play to their talent and don't make mistakes, so we'd have to play above our talent level, not make mistakes, and get some turnovers to win that game, from what I've seen.

The game is sold out, read somewhere that some standing room only seats are being sold. 7:30 kickoff means everyone will be juiced. :D It will be as loud as ever I hope - and I have seen some loud ones over the decades.

G-D it though, if this game was on Saturday Gameday would be here. F-ng Pac-12 sell out to TV.

ESPN & the Pac-12 putting this game on at 9:30 pm on a Friday night is a sure sign that ESPN doesn't care if they ever get to Pullman.

EDIT: For the fans at the game, this has the potential to be one of the greatest moments in their cougar football life. I'm jealous of everyone that gets to be there.

Last edited:
I agree. After watching UW/Colorado, I think we might match up better with SC. UW is not invincible, but they play to their talent and don't make mistakes, so we'd have to play above our talent level, not make mistakes, and get some turnovers to win that game, from what I've seen.

After watching that game? What's your correlation?

I think as long as WSU doesn't have another slow start, which may be just the way you operate, you win a close game.

Gameday will never come to Pullman. We should put that hope to rest. Why would they with so many other choices? They are in Blacksburg this week as #2 Clemson is playing #13 VT. Seems like a pretty good choice to me.

Reactions: walzuu
I think GameDay will (eventually) come to Pullman, however, it won't be this year.

Sometime in the next 20 years, (you would think).

I'd blame this on espn. Why aren't uw and OSU on Friday night?

Las Vegas has made USC a 4 pt favorite. This game rides on Falk s shoulders,he can make it his signature game.

Las Vegas has made USC a 4 pt favorite. This game rides on Falk s shoulders,he can make it his signature game.

The more I think about it, the more it looks like this game will be very similar to 2015 versus UCLA.

I think we are going to beat the living hell out of each other. I think towards the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th things will get chippy and there will be a targeting call on their defense (with either Luke or a WR). Luke is going to get beat up, plain and simple. But I also think Sam Darnold is going to get his butt kicked as well. Frankie Luvu and Hercules Mata'****a are going to introduce themselves in the most painful way. We may have the fastest D-Line USC has played so far, at least off the edge. It'll be a lower scoring game, something like 27-17 or 24-21.

I am starting to think USC will probably win. There are too many variables that need to go our way in order to win. I am just banking on Darnold playing a terrible game after getting a hit a few times, Luke playing perfectly / our offense eating up clock (keeping our defense fresh), and having the Great and Terrible Pac-12 After Dark Gods shift their vengeful appetite toward USC. Lord knows they are a more appetizing target than we are!

You give the QB way too much credit for team wins and way too much blame for team losses. I think performance of our O-line, as well as how our receivers respond to a more physical secondary than they've seen the last 2 weeks, is huge in this game. Those 2 pieces can have a huge impact on Luke's performance.

You give the QB way too much credit for team wins and way too much blame for team losses. I think performance of our O-line, as well as how our receivers respond to a more physical secondary than they've seen the last 2 weeks, is huge in this game. Those 2 pieces can have a huge impact on Luke's performance.

Without a doubt, if the OL doesn't play better than they have so far, Falk is going to be in for a rough Friday night. The CU game last year showed how importance it is for our receivers to finish plays. If we don't absolutely drop 2 TD's, we would have been leading at least 28-14 at halftime in Boulder instead of only 17-14. Falk's play will be key, but it's a team game.

Without a doubt, if the OL doesn't play better than they have so far, Falk is going to be in for a rough Friday night. The CU game last year showed how importance it is for our receivers to finish plays. If we don't absolutely drop 2 TD's, we would have been leading at least 28-14 at halftime in Boulder instead of only 17-14. Falk's play will be key, but it's a team game.
please... please don't mention that game again.

I don't mind losses - they happen. I get irked by inexplicable losses. Why, on that day, did the entire offense sh!t the bed; the drops, the fall off of Falk in the 2nd half. There probably is a good explanation, but we were never privy to it.

The more I think about it, the more it looks like this game will be very similar to 2015 versus UCLA.

I think we are going to beat the living hell out of each other. I think towards the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th things will get chippy and there will be a targeting call on their defense (with either Luke or a WR). Luke is going to get beat up, plain and simple. But I also think Sam Darnold is going to get his butt kicked as well. Frankie Luvu and Hercules Mata'****a are going to introduce themselves in the most painful way. We may have the fastest D-Line USC has played so far, at least off the edge. It'll be a lower scoring game, something like 27-17 or 24-21.

I am starting to think USC will probably win. There are too many variables that need to go our way in order to win. I am just banking on Darnold playing a terrible game after getting a hit a few times, Luke playing perfectly / our offense eating up clock (keeping our defense fresh), and having the Great and Terrible Pac-12 After Dark Gods shift their vengeful appetite toward USC. Lord knows they are a more appetizing target than we are!

2nd straight game on the road on the a short week to the most remote campus in the conference. Hope that's used to Cougs advantage.

Reactions: CPtheCoug
I have less faith in that after 4 games than I did in the offseason. Falk just seems slow to start every week. I don't know what it is, I wouldn't exactly say it's a lack of confidence, but maybe an overabundance of caution, bordering on indecision. He seems to want receivers to have a step and a half on their defender and be wide open...instead of letting them get a half step and throwing them open. He's taking unnecessary sacks, and is too ready to dump off to the RBs. He's become predictable. On top of that, he's simply not seeing open receivers. He's looking at the flats and sidelines too much, and consistently misses guys open in the middle. It's worked out OK through 3 of the first 4 (not Boise State - he was ineffective), but it won't work against better defenses. If BSU could shut him down, USC will eat him for lunch. Even Nevada slowed things down pretty well in the second half - 10 points, less than 200 yards - and were sniffing out the dumps to RBs and the screens to WRs. Falk will need to stop playing it so safe to give us a shot against SC.

That sure is setting Luke up for a fall. The game rides on the shoulders of all the players. OL needs to protect and perhaps open a hole or two for running back. WRs need to run crisp routes and hang on to catchable passes. Defensive line and LBs need to put some pressure on Darnold. DBs need to stay with the receivers as best as possible. The game could come down to special teams and a clutch kick by Powell. And yes, the QB play is critically important. We aren't likely to win if Luke plays poorly. I go back to something I wrote the other day....it's possible Luke could play well and USC still wins. It's a team game.

Glad Cougar

I'd blame this on espn. Why aren't uw and OSU on Friday night?
I think it's about how big and large the TV viewing market is, (advertising reach).

UW at OSU is simply a northwest game. Not to mention, the Beavs simply are not competitive.

If you've noticed, almost all of our LA games, (including the UW) are rarely on the Pac-12 Network. The Big networks (ESPN, FoxS1, ABC, CBS) cherry pick the LA market, and give the smaller viewing audience to the P12N.

Gameday will never come to Pullman. We should put that hope to rest. Why would they with so many other choices? They are in Blacksburg this week as #2 Clemson is playing #13 VT. Seems like a pretty good choice to me.

Oh I beg to differ. I am certain that they want to come to Pullman. Maybe #2 vs #13 would have trumped us - but if we get a matchup that is worthy, they will come.

Did you ever see the Gameday promo featuring the Flag?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...FADB5286AFAE3D697E34FADB5286AFAE3D6&FORM=VIRE

It should be seen as setting up Falk for a big game. His staunch supporters should see this as a chance for Falk to prove himself against a top team. Why are you guys so wary when it comes to big games? Great leaders emerge when the pressure is on.IF Falk plays well and they lose,it will not tarnish his image. If he starts out against USC like he did udub,last year,he will lose a lot of his luster. USC is a top team and it will be tough to beat them I hope he succeeds so the cougs can win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT