ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech game

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
So here is a marketing idea from the always thinking Loyal one. Let's pronounce this as the Mike Leach tribute game. Run that crossed swords Coug flag up the flagpole. See if we can get his widow, and/or maybe a couple of Leach alumni players and/or coaches to fly in and have some sort of on-field ceremony with Coug and TT luminaries on the field. Of course active coaches and players (like Minshew) will be busy that weekend but do what we can. A final sendoff for the Pirate.

Last edited:
Good idea. With Chun gone....will Anne McCoy or the new AD have this on their mind?

I'm still fantasizing and wishful thinking about a bronze statue for Robertson and Leach!

Last edited:
Reactions: PeteTheChop
Good idea. With Chun gone....will Anne McCoy or the new AD have this on their mind?

I'm still fantasizing and wishful thinking about a bronze statue for Robertson and Leach!
I like the idea of a sort of “legends walk.” Not quite sure where though. Probably not full-blown statues, maybe busts. More likely engravings/plaques. Maybe ringing the practice field, maybe on the walk between the stadium & track.

Or maybe we do it Hollywood style - do them on the sidewalks around the stadium.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
So here is a marketing idea from the always thinking Loyal one. Let's pronounce this as the Mike Leach tribute game. Run that crossed swords Coug flag up the flagpole. See if we can get his widow, and/or maybe a couple of Leach alumni players and/or coaches to fly in and have some sort of on-field ceremony with Coug and TT luminaries on the field. Of course active coaches and players (like Minshew) will be busy that weekend but do what we can. A final sendoff for the Pirate.
I guess I had already assumed this would happen naturally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT