ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle Times helps back up my case why WSU is, should be the favorite to land 3 WA, Kennedy WR.

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
I dont have the link, so can just google the article up, but I am using info from Theo Lawson's article to help make my case on why the big 3 WR from Kennedy HS, WA will probably sign with WSU.

1. 3 star WR Shumpert is the ULTIMATE WSU FAN.

2. Shumpert's Dad has connections to WSU, and took Shumpert to A LOT of WSU games.

3. Kennedy HC Sheldon Cross, and Kennedy Coach Nolan Washington, have deep, close connections to WSU and the 3 WR.

4. Alexander, and Shumpert, attended the whole entire COLLEGE GAMEDAY experience at WSU together. They CELEBRATED when WSU beat Oregon, and both STORMED THE FIELD TOGETHER.

5. All 3 WR, and their HC Sheldon Cross, went to WSU together on a UNofficial visit to WSU that was like a Official visit and better then a Official visit together. They spent DAYS with where they had the entire College, WSU, coaches, HC, staff, etc to themselves. They said they Loved the visit.

6. After the visit, Alexander posted a Twitter post of all 3 WR wearing Cougar football uniforms, and said, swore that nothing will ever break them up, nothing will separate them, that they will continue to play together, stay together, and that they will play at the same place together.

7. After that, Alexander did a live podcast with Brandon Huffman, where Alexander said that WSU/Rolo was, is doing the best job recruiting him, them the 3 WR, better then any other college, and that because of that WSU deserves them, and that they the 3 WR, would be the goto WR's at WSU, where they might or might not be the guys for UW, since UW, has 1,2 name guys they already have, and 1,2 name guys that might be higher targets then them. He said WSU needs them. He said UW might or might not need them as much.

8. WSU is in Alexander's Top College list. WSU is probably or at least should be the favorite

9. Brandon Huffman, said that WSU is a extremely serious threat to land at least 1 of the big 3 WR, and a extremely serious threat to land all 3(altho Brandon thinks that 1,2 of them will sign with ASU(but only because ASU is a more prestigous college then little Ole WSU, and because despite everything that points to WSU landing them, he just cant see them picking little ole WSU over ASU)

10. Alexander cut Oregon, Nebraska, from list.

11. Its down to WSU, UW, ASU as the big 3, with WSU should be the favorite, and 1,2,3 others still on list.

12. A All Star coach said that 3 star WR Shumpert wants to play at WSU, and that all 3 WR from Kennedy would likely join him at WSU, because they, all 3 WR will play where Shumpert plays.

13. UW, ASU, etc is unlikely to offer Shumpert a scholly, which makes it unlikely that Alexander, Tinae would sign there.

14. No other College, other then WSU, has had visits from the 3 WR's, because of the Corona Virus.

The only possible hiccup in WSU getting the 3 WR's is that WSU hasnt offered 3 star WR Shumpert.

WSU/Needs to/Should/Must offer Shumpert.

If Rolo doesnt offer Shumpert, and if that leads to WSU not getting any of the 3 WR from Kennedy, and if that were to lead to WSU not being good in the future, then Rolo would need to be held accountable for not offering Shumpert, and because of that not getting the 3 Kennedy WR.

Its understandable if UW, ASU other bigger name colleges who have a easier time recruiting 4 stars, etc, dont offer Shumpert. They dont need to offer Shumpert. They can just easily pluck some another 4 star from the 4 star tree. WSU cant do that. WSU NEEDS the 2 4 star WR, and Shumpert from Kennedy, to A. Stock up on WR talent. B. To build recruiting momentum, where other 3,4 stars will want to goto WSU because of the 3,4 stars already commited, signed, etc, to goto WSU. C. To build the Kennedy Pipeline. D. To help their image that they are successfully recruiting WA. E. To demonstrate that they are beating out other colleges for 4 star talent.

So WSU/Rolo is, or should be the favorite to get the 3 WR from Kennedy, as long as WSU offers Shumpert like what should happen.

There is about a 67+% to 85% chance that the big 3 WR from Kennedy goto WSU.

Can, will they go elsewhere to UW, ASU, instead of WSU? Yes, but that is NOT BLOODY DAM LIKELY.

And probably the only way the 3 WR dont goto WSU is if WSU/Rolo doesnt offer Shumpert, which is why WSU, Rolo needs to, should, MUST offer Shumpert ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeteTheChop
I think it’s more about if the higher stars really wanna kew the “pact” to play together. In crunch time it may be tough for the stars to not choose a path that is higher profile. However I think Rolo actually made an impact when hosting. So I’ll just be pleasantly surprised if they show up here, but not holding my breath.

There is also chatter between QB-Coley and Alexander which I think may give is a little bump too to get them both here. But in recruiting nothing make sense.

I saw the article too and Huffman quoting Alexander saying WSU is doing the best job recruiting him stood out to me. The hustle the coaches are putting in might pay off as it seems obvious we want these guys more than the other schools after them. UW might charge late if they strike out on other options if Huard can close the gap quickly for them.

Rolo's offense probably helps us more than it would have with Leach. He runs shorter rotations and feeds a lot of balls to his top receivers. He can promise the opportunity for all three to be 1000 yd receivers in the same year (which he's done at Hawaii).

The three best friends going to the same college would be great, but, when push comes to shove it's rare. Hopefully we can get it done, but we had also better be looking for some fall back options if it doesn't materialize.

Not holding my breath on this one. Hope you are right. That threesome would look a lot better and have a helluva lot more fun wearing crimson than F’ing purple. If LA decides on a truly elite program to test his talents good on him, but I’m gonna puke in my mouth a little if he goes to UW.

Mike, you make a good case. I hope the kids see it the same way.

That's what makes my case good. The kids do see it that way, unless they are acting, lying, blowing smoke, and unless all the supposed facts, points, etc, are wrong. And unless The All Star coach Kennedy coaches Sheldon Cross, Nolan Washington were to be wrong. Unless Brandon Huffman is wrong.

And unless they change their mind. Which does, can happen, but it would be a pretty epic change of mind, and would take something epic.

Something like:

Tinae: "Hey Alex, Shumpert, I just got offered by Alabama. And Shumpert, Alabama agreed to offer you(Which Alabama could afford to throw away a scholly to get the other 2 WR. Alex, Shumpert, I know you too like WSU, and I do too, but cmon, this is a chance to play for a national championship. Something we wont experience at WSU. And Shumpert, WSU hasnt offered you yet. And I am not sure if WSU will offer you. Why wait for a offer from WSU, when we can all play together at Alabama?"

Then they all change their mind and commit to, sign, play at Alabama.

That kind of thing, way, is just about the only way they dont goto WSU.

It can happen, but its not bloody dam likely.

I saw the article too and Huffman quoting Alexander saying WSU is doing the best job recruiting him stood out to me. The hustle the coaches are putting in might pay off as it seems obvious we want these guys more than the other schools after them. UW might charge late if they strike out on other options if Huard can close the gap quickly for them.

Rolo's offense probably helps us more than it would have with Leach. He runs shorter rotations and feeds a lot of balls to his top receivers. He can promise the opportunity for all three to be 1000 yd receivers in the same year (which he's done at Hawaii).

The three best friends going to the same college would be great, but, when push comes to shove it's rare. Hopefully we can get it done, but we had also better be looking for some fall back options if it doesn't materialize.

Look at the facts, points, logic, etc. That all points to the likelyhood that they likely play at WSU. At the extreme least WSU should be considered the favorite, whether they goto WSU or not, because of the facts, points, logic.

I get being nervous, and what has happened in the past, and why you, others are not holding your breath, and sre skeptically hoping.

But really based on the facts, points, logic, it should be the reverse, opposite reaction.

We should be surprised if they dont goto WSU.

Sure there is a extremely small chance that they dont goto WSU, and that that small chance could become become reality that they dont goto WSU.

But does any other college, fan base, etc, when they are in WSU's position relative to getting the 3 Kennedy WR's, with all the facts, points, logic, etc, pointing to WSU getting them, do they hold their breath, and skeptically hope that they do get them?

No they dont do that. Instead they go by the facts, points, logic, etc, everything that points to them being the favorites to get the recruit, recruits.

Most of the time, they are right. They do get the recruits according to facts, reason, logic, points, etc, everything that says that they will get the recruit.

On extremely rare times, that ends up wrong, or the recruit changes their mind, etc, and the recruit doesnt go there.

And when, if that happens, they are shocked, surprised as they are, should be.

WSU, fans need to be like that

This is WSU Big Boy football now. WSU is not the Poor Ole Little Ole WSU anymore.

Leach, Floyd, Moos, Chun, Schultz, etc, are have changed that Loveable Loser Poor Ole Little Ole WSU culture.

WSU has recruited more 4 stars during that culture change then at any other time in WSU's entire history.

The only question is whether fans, WSU, coaches, players, etc, are going to go back to that loser cardiac cougs culture.

Me myself, I expect WSU to get the 3 Kennedy WR, because of the facts, points, reason, logic, rationale, etc.

If they dont, I'll be shocked, surprised.

But in the unlikely event that happens, oh well, and move on.

But your right that WSU does need a INSURANCE fall back WR, etc, in case in the unlikely event WSU strangely, weirdly doesnt get the 3 Kennedy WR's.

It really comes down to what the kids want and what may look logical to us, they may see it differently. It’s their decision and life and more power for whatever their decision is.

It's not about what's logical to us, it's about what looks logical to the kids. It's not just my logic, our logic, experts logic, etc, IT'S THE KIDS LOGIC, FACTS, ETC.

BECAUSE of the KIDS, (NOT OURS, MINE, EXPERTS), FACTS, POINTS, LOGIC, ON, ABOUT WHAT THE KIDS ARE SAYING, DOING, THINKING, ETC, and what the KIDS FAMILY, FRIENDS, COACHES, ETC, ARE SAYING ABOUT WHAT THE KIDS ARE SAYING, DOING, AND THINKING, ETC, AND BECAUSE OF THE FACTS, ETC, ABOUT THE KIDS, SUCH AS SHUMPERT BEING A ULTIMATE WSU FAN, HIS DAD BEING A COUG, HIS GOING TO GAMES, SHUMPERT AND ALEXANDER CELEBRATING A COUG WIN OVER OREGON, STORMING THE FIELD, ETC, BECAUSE OF THAT, THE KIDS LOGIC, FACTS, ETC, THEN THEN BECAUSE OF THAT, IT THEN ALSO BECOMES MY, OURS, THE EXPERTS, ETC, FACTS, LOGIC, POINTS, ETC, ABOUT WHY THE KIDS WOULD PROBABLY GOTO WSU.

WITHOUT THE KIDS LOGIC, FACTS, WHAT THEY THE KIDS, ARE DOING, THINKING, SAYING, ETC, THEN I, EXPERTS, OTHERS, ETC, WOULDNT HAVE ANY FACTS, LOGIC, POINTS, ETC, TO SUGGEST THAT THE KIDS WOULD PROBABLY GOTO WSU.

It's not about what's logical to us, it's about what looks logical to the kids. It's not just my logic, our logic, experts logic, etc, IT'S THE KIDS LOGIC, FACTS, ETC.

BECAUSE of the KIDS, (NOT OURS, MINE, EXPERTS), FACTS, POINTS, LOGIC, ON, ABOUT WHAT THE KIDS ARE SAYING, DOING, THINKING, ETC, and what the KIDS FAMILY, FRIENDS, COACHES, ETC, ARE SAYING ABOUT WHAT THE KIDS ARE SAYING, DOING, AND THINKING, ETC, AND BECAUSE OF THE FACTS, ETC, ABOUT THE KIDS, SUCH AS SHUMPERT BEING A ULTIMATE WSU FAN, HIS DAD BEING A COUG, HIS GOING TO GAMES, SHUMPERT AND ALEXANDER CELEBRATING A COUG WIN OVER OREGON, STORMING THE FIELD, ETC, BECAUSE OF THAT, THE KIDS LOGIC, FACTS, ETC, THEN THEN BECAUSE OF THAT, IT THEN ALSO BECOMES MY, OURS, THE EXPERTS, ETC, FACTS, LOGIC, POINTS, ETC, ABOUT WHY THE KIDS WOULD PROBABLY GOTO WSU.

WITHOUT THE KIDS LOGIC, FACTS, WHAT THEY THE KIDS, ARE DOING, THINKING, SAYING, ETC, THEN I, EXPERTS, OTHERS, ETC, WOULDNT HAVE ANY FACTS, LOGIC, POINTS, ETC, TO SUGGEST THAT THE KIDS WOULD PROBABLY GOTO WSU.
Ack! I’m blind!

Blinded by facts, logic?
tenor.gif

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
I dont have the link, so can just google the article up, but I am using info from Theo Lawson's article to help make my case on why the big 3 WR from Kennedy HS, WA will probably sign with WSU.

1. 3 star WR Shumpert is the ULTIMATE WSU FAN.

2. Shumpert's Dad has connections to WSU, and took Shumpert to A LOT of WSU games.

3. Kennedy HC Sheldon Cross, and Kennedy Coach Nolan Washington, have deep, close connections to WSU and the 3 WR.

4. Alexander, and Shumpert, attended the whole entire COLLEGE GAMEDAY experience at WSU together. They CELEBRATED when WSU beat Oregon, and both STORMED THE FIELD TOGETHER.

5. All 3 WR, and their HC Sheldon Cross, went to WSU together on a UNofficial visit to WSU that was like a Official visit and better then a Official visit together. They spent DAYS with where they had the entire College, WSU, coaches, HC, staff, etc to themselves. They said they Loved the visit.

6. After the visit, Alexander posted a Twitter post of all 3 WR wearing Cougar football uniforms, and said, swore that nothing will ever break them up, nothing will separate them, that they will continue to play together, stay together, and that they will play at the same place together.

7. After that, Alexander did a live podcast with Brandon Huffman, where Alexander said that WSU/Rolo was, is doing the best job recruiting him, them the 3 WR, better then any other college, and that because of that WSU deserves them, and that they the 3 WR, would be the goto WR's at WSU, where they might or might not be the guys for UW, since UW, has 1,2 name guys they already have, and 1,2 name guys that might be higher targets then them. He said WSU needs them. He said UW might or might not need them as much.

8. WSU is in Alexander's Top College list. WSU is probably or at least should be the favorite

9. Brandon Huffman, said that WSU is a extremely serious threat to land at least 1 of the big 3 WR, and a extremely serious threat to land all 3(altho Brandon thinks that 1,2 of them will sign with ASU(but only because ASU is a more prestigous college then little Ole WSU, and because despite everything that points to WSU landing them, he just cant see them picking little ole WSU over ASU)

10. Alexander cut Oregon, Nebraska, from list.

11. Its down to WSU, UW, ASU as the big 3, with WSU should be the favorite, and 1,2,3 others still on list.

12. A All Star coach said that 3 star WR Shumpert wants to play at WSU, and that all 3 WR from Kennedy would likely join him at WSU, because they, all 3 WR will play where Shumpert plays.

13. UW, ASU, etc is unlikely to offer Shumpert a scholly, which makes it unlikely that Alexander, Tinae would sign there.

14. No other College, other then WSU, has had visits from the 3 WR's, because of the Corona Virus.

The only possible hiccup in WSU getting the 3 WR's is that WSU hasnt offered 3 star WR Shumpert.

WSU/Needs to/Should/Must offer Shumpert.

If Rolo doesnt offer Shumpert, and if that leads to WSU not getting any of the 3 WR from Kennedy, and if that were to lead to WSU not being good in the future, then Rolo would need to be held accountable for not offering Shumpert, and because of that not getting the 3 Kennedy WR.

Its understandable if UW, ASU other bigger name colleges who have a easier time recruiting 4 stars, etc, dont offer Shumpert. They dont need to offer Shumpert. They can just easily pluck some another 4 star from the 4 star tree. WSU cant do that. WSU NEEDS the 2 4 star WR, and Shumpert from Kennedy, to A. Stock up on WR talent. B. To build recruiting momentum, where other 3,4 stars will want to goto WSU because of the 3,4 stars already commited, signed, etc, to goto WSU. C. To build the Kennedy Pipeline. D. To help their image that they are successfully recruiting WA. E. To demonstrate that they are beating out other colleges for 4 star talent.

So WSU/Rolo is, or should be the favorite to get the 3 WR from Kennedy, as long as WSU offers Shumpert like what should happen.

There is about a 67+% to 85% chance that the big 3 WR from Kennedy goto WSU.

Can, will they go elsewhere to UW, ASU, instead of WSU? Yes, but that is NOT BLOODY DAM LIKELY.

And probably the only way the 3 WR dont goto WSU is if WSU/Rolo doesnt offer Shumpert, which is why WSU, Rolo needs to, should, MUST offer Shumpert ASAP.

Well I would add that there is one thing that trumps your analysis and makes it nonsense . They are 17 and 18 year old kids .

Tinae: "Hey Alex, Shumpert, I just got offered by Alabama. And Shumpert, Alabama agreed to offer you(Which Alabama could afford to throw away a scholly to get the other 2 WR. Alex, Shumpert, I know you too like WSU, and I do too, but cmon, this is a chance to play for a national championship. Something we wont experience at WSU."
Never say never.

Who would've thought 20 years ago that Butler and Gonzaga would be playing for national championships in basketball?

WSU almost made the football playoffs a couple years ago. Once you get to that point, anything can happen.

A lot of CougZone posters think RoLo can take the program a step or two further than Leach because he'll play nice with the media, won't create unwanted political controversy and will be more approachable to the high school coaches inside and outside Washington.

Plus he'll run the ball and won't look at the Apple Cup like it's the Crimson & Gray spring game at Joe Albi Memorial Stadium.

Reactions: Treborcoug
Never say never.

Who would've thought 20 years ago that Butler and Gonzaga would be playing for national championships in basketball?

WSU almost made the football playoffs a couple years ago. Once you get to that point, anything can happen.

A lot of CougZone posters think RoLo can take the program a step or two further than Leach because he'll play nice with the media, won't create unwanted political controversy and will be more approachable to the high school coaches inside and outside Washington.

Plus he'll run the ball and won't look at the Apple Cup like it's the Crimson & Gray spring game at Joe Albi Memorial Stadium.
100% agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT