ADVERTISEMENT

So 2018 is full

Just real quickly, I can think of 2 spots from previous classes, than can be filled. More than 2?

Isn't the rule that you can only have 25 (that actually make it in), regardless of who drops out later? If I'm reading your post correctly. And I believe that Grisso is grayshirting, so that leaves us 1 spot left?

The chairs are definitely filling up. Good for us. The long line of 3 stars, plus the couple of 4 stars, is really impressive.

Isn't the rule that you can only have 25 (that actually make it in), regardless of who drops out later? If I'm reading your post correctly. And I believe that Grisso is grayshirting, so that leaves us 1 spot left?

The chairs are definitely filling up. Good for us. The long line of 3 stars, plus the couple of 4 stars, is really impressive.
Yeah, you are correct but I don't know if we "filled" classes from last year or the previous, etc. etc. Basically, I don't know the count. But next year, do we have 2 to fill? Or are we filling those 2 this year? I just don't know.

Yeah, you are correct but I don't know if we "filled" classes from last year or the previous, etc. etc. Basically, I don't know the count. But next year, do we have 2 to fill? Or are we filling those 2 this year? I just don't know.

Me neither. When I get to met this Chun guy, I am going to insist that he come on WW frequently and answer all our burning questions. Which reminds me of former CIA Chief and former Chancellor at Texas A&M Robert Gates. After he left A&M, it became known that this one poster on their fan site who seemed to always have a lot of inside information was actually Gates himself!! He spoke at my daughters WSU graduation ceremony. I have a great picture of a plane with "United States of America" on the side parked at the Pullman airport right next to the Horizon WSU plane that weekend.

I believe the rule is that a school can enroll no more than 25 in the fall, so long as the total number of scholarship athletes does not exceed 85. Several recruits have already enrolled, so this might not mean they're counted as part of the 25 for this fall.

I believe the rule is that a school can enroll no more than 25 in the fall, so long as the total number of scholarship athletes does not exceed 85. Several recruits have already enrolled, so this might not mean they're counted as part of the 25 for this fall.

Going further, I think that the early enrollees do indeed count against next fall - but greyshirts don't count until next year. Thus any greyshirts from last year would reduce this year's 25 available. Don't think we had any of those. But I dunno anything for sure.

I would think that the last O line commit left him as the odd man out.The cougs are now looking at WR and the D side of the ball

That is my understanding. Therefore, if you bring in 5 recruits for the Spring semester, 5 must have come off. So, if 25 are coming in in the Fall, 25 must come off. Depending on what the coaching staff knows, more than 25 could be signed in this class, if some are counted to fill the current 85 number and do not exceed the Fall 85 number. Grey shirts count only upon there enrolling on scholarship. If they enroll without an athletic scholarship, of course they would not count against the 85 number.

I wonder if he still had an offer after the other HS OL Committed

I would bet a couple of the decommits were cut lose, as stronger players came forward. I have watched how players are ranked, but the number of offers and the quality of offers are probably a better indication on how good someone is. When we lost one to Texas A&M his rating jumped. When someone we were looking at signed with Oregon State his ranking dropped. Watching how this works, I am very impressed by how well WSU evaluates the recruits. They seem to be correct more than not.

That is my understanding. Therefore, if you bring in 5 recruits for the Spring semester, 5 must have come off. So, if 25 are coming in in the Fall, 25 must come off. Depending on what the coaching staff knows, more than 25 could be signed in this class, if some are counted to fill the current 85 number and do not exceed the Fall 85 number. Grey shirts count only upon there enrolling on scholarship. If they enroll without an athletic scholarship, of course they would not count against the 85 number.

Here's something I snipped from the web, another site:

Every year around National Signing Day, the question arises. How do programs sign more than 25 players when that is the limit put in place for each school?

The answer is simple: up to five early enrollees are allowed to count toward the previous class.

Each college program has a compliance department that keeps track of these numbers, as does the NCAA to make sure each school is following the rule. It can get murky, but let's say you only signed 22 players in the previous recruiting class. That means you have three extra spots to sign this year, assuming you have the early enrollees to count back.

So Yaki was correct on this - I was mistaken on that part But how many did we "finally" get counted for last year?

As far as your "on/off" narrative, I don't follow you. The annual limit of 25 (as adjusted) and the total of 85 are two related but somewhat mutually exclusive things. If 30 guys graduate you can't sign 30 the next year even if you have room within the 85 total. But yeah if you have 70 schollies coming back you can only sign 15.

Reactions: Tx64
Pretty sure we signed a full class last year, so there's not room to count anyone towards last year.

20 have signed. Grisso is grey shirting. The NCAA awarded WSU with a 26th scholarship for this year, due to Hillinski passing.

So, you're looking at McDonald, Calvin Jackson, Ross & Pei to sign on Wed, plus potentially 2 more.

There's a possibility they could keep 1 spot open past signing day to take a grad transfer at QB.

26 not 25. NCAA granted one extra scholarship due to our deceased presumed starting QB.

Pretty sure we signed a full class last year, so there's not room to count anyone towards last year.

20 have signed. Grisso is grey shirting. The NCAA awarded WSU with a 26th scholarship for this year, due to Hillinski passing.

So, you're looking at McDonald, Calvin Jackson, Ross & Pei to sign on Wed, plus potentially 2 more.

There's a possibility they could keep 1 spot open past signing day to take a grad transfer at QB.

I read we are signing 5 on Wednesday and saving 1 for later. Sounds like you are right on.

Last edited:

I'd have to check this, but I think the number of December graduates also comes into play. We had quite a few of those.

Is Ross still with us? The other service no longer lists him. Did something happen?

Does Powell not getting in last fall open up a spot to count against last year?

Does anyone remember if Powell from Richland and Sanders from Olympia actually signed letters of intent last February? Powell went the JC route and could end up at WSU - does anyone know what happened to Sanders?

Does anyone remember if Powell from Richland and Sanders from Olympia actually signed letters of intent last February? Powell went the JC route and could end up at WSU - does anyone know what happened to Sanders?

No, they did not sign anything.

Looks like the offer was pulled. He disappeared from the other sight.

They didn't pull his offer. Stop it.

He committed 3 days ago. 247 probably just hasn't updated his status yet.

His Twitter bio still says he's a WSU commit. And he was retweeting responses to his commitment yesterday.

Looks like the offer was pulled. He disappeared from the other sight.

He shows as a commit on 247 now. They just didn't have his info updated. I certainly wouldn't take their recruiting profile pages as gospel.

The class was full of 25 with Sanders and Powell being 26 and 27. Then again...did any transfers count towards the previous year.....2016' class?

I don't believe there is any room to count anyone back a year. It's way too deep a rabbit hole for me to go back and try to figure out exactly who counted towards which class though.

I'm almost certain that neither of them ever actually signed an LOI.

My buddy works with Sanders's mom. I THINK she told him that Sanders was also headed to JC?

They didn't pull his offer. Stop it.

He committed 3 days ago. 247 probably just hasn't updated his status yet.

His Twitter bio still says he's a WSU commit. And he was retweeting responses to his commitment yesterday.

Thank you. The other site had him everywhere with a ranking and now he is back up without a ranking. He is a keeper. I am excited about him and his offer sheet. I do not know what happened on the other site. I have never seen anything like it. I will trust the other site less.

And Katoanga just committed. Spots definitely filling up. 1 spot left by my count. I would guess it's Hailassie, who is committing somewhere tonight.

And Katoanga just committed. Spots definitely filling up. 1 spot left by my count. I would guess it's Hailassie, who is committing somewhere tonight.

Wow you where quick on that one. Very nice pickup I would have hated to lose out to San Jose State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT