ADVERTISEMENT

So uh, what's actually happening with Grinch??

random soul

Hall Of Fame
Dec 23, 2002
I figured if he was going to go to Ohio State it would've been announced by now. And if he's not, who is our 10th assistant going to be?

I figured if he was going to go to Ohio State it would've been announced by now. And if he's not, who is our 10th assistant going to be?

Do we even need a tenth coach? CML is HC and OC and QB coach, so we are up one or two right there.

Scoop says. Grinch is going to OSU. Leach is going to hire a DC from outside. He is not close to hiring. They said more to come.

I would imagine he is quietly putting together people he wants to interview. Agents are probably contacting his people with clients that are interested in coaching for Leach. I did not see much prior to Grinch's hire. At the time I thought that was a head scratcher. It turned out pretty well.

He's a mean one...
So our final games stink/stank/stunk

You speak the truth. There was a smell.....

I really am curious who is will be the next DC. Will he elevate a current coach? Will he hire someone from outside?

Grinch having been a DC who beat USC this year, one would think OSU picked Grinch's brains while he was visiting them before their bowl game. This may be one reason OSU beat USC so easily.

Having seen WSU's defense the last couple of games, Grinch now might look like he doesn't have much more to offer OSU.

This is pure fantasy speculation on my part. I fully expect OSU to announce hiring Grinch on Jan 9th, but wouldn't it be one of the great "punks" of all time if they now declined?

None of us know for sure if Grinch is leaving. Too many balls in the air to make any kind of real prediction.

If he goes, we will hire a DC from outside and that guy will bring at least one guy with him. Ergo, we have no spots to fill. And if any of the assistants are on CML's "sh** list", that guy will also be gone if the new DC wants to bring 2 instead of 1 guy with him. Actual responsibilities can be juggled if necessary once the new people are in place.

On the other hand, if he stays, the 10th spot will be filled first and foremost by someone who can recruit.

I think it really is that simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT