ADVERTISEMENT

Some interesting developments on the O-line...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
From the S-R: TRUE freshmen Abraham Lucas and Alec Kuzmack are listed as back-ups, at least for the recent scrimmage. Perhaps there are injuries, but where are Keenen King, Cedric Bigge-Duren, Christian Haangana, and Nilsson Gaisoa? Are a couple of true freshmen that much better? The S-R did state that Josh Watson was moved to 1st team right tackle because Cole Madison sat out, and that Robert Valencia, the JC transfer, has been absent from practice this week. Nonetheless, true freshmen are elevated over three rs-frosh and a rs-soph? Interesting.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what the Game 1 OL depth chart looks like along with RB.

Same thing happened last year at some point in fall camp and then all but Mauigoa redshirted. I hope they all redshirt this year.

Yea, I have complete confidence in Leach's judgment and management of the offensive line. If any of the freshmen can crack the 2-deep, they'll play. Otherwise, redshirt them.

Yea, I have complete confidence in Leach's judgment and management of the offensive line. If any of the freshmen can crack the 2-deep, they'll play. Otherwise, redshirt them.

No one does well with true freshmen O-linemen, but I suspect their elevation to the 2s is about a coach lighting a fire under three rs-freshmen and a rs-sophomore.

From the S-R: TRUE freshmen Abraham Lucas and Alec Kuzmack are listed as back-ups, at least for the recent scrimmage. Perhaps there are injuries, but where are Keenen King, Cedric Bigge-Duren, Christian Haangana, and Nilsson Gaisoa? Are a couple of true freshmen that much better? The S-R did state that Josh Watson was moved to 1st team right tackle because Cole Madison sat out, and that Robert Valencia, the JC transfer, has been absent from practice this week. Nonetheless, true freshmen are elevated over three rs-frosh and a rs-soph? Interesting.
Kuzmack might be able to play some this year.

No one does well with true freshmen O-linemen, but I suspect their elevation to the 2s is about a coach lighting a fire under three rs-freshmen and a rs-sophomore.

I would agree that the switch was more of a message to the other players on the roster more than an intention to see them this fall.

I agree, and I'm not opposed to having true freshmen in the 2-deeps. Times have changed. If kids are ready to play and they're better than the upperclassmen, so be it.

Agree with Flat and others. Now that Valencia is a no-show for some undisclosed reason, the first team O-line is pretty well set in stone. Some of the second teamers may have looked at that and throttled back. Not good. The possibility of going an entire season without any injuries amongst our front line guys is rather minimal. We need the reserves to keep pushing and get ready.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT