ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
Tinsley looks ok so far but two questionable throws that should have been picked. Will be interesting to see how he looks as the game goes on. TD Crimson Cougs though.

Nice run by Borghi. Anthony Gordon was a little more frenetic looking in the pocket than Tinsley and was helped by one big reception, but I like what I see with him so far.

And.........Kyle Sweet is playing like a stud.

Borghi had another good run (after the catch) and showed off some good open field moves.

BTW, Pac-12 coverage is terrible. They have had numerous errors on their on-screen graphics (we lost to #15 Colorado 41-14 in our final game of the regular season apparently) and they said that an incomplete pass went through the hands of the intended receiver......a defensive back. Apparently, WSU played all of their home games at Joe Albi from 1950 to 1983.

First half - #99 is very quick and Harris #5 is very fast. Plus Singleton #22 was around the ball and making plays at safety.

Neville is in already and his first couple throws showed off a strong arm but a little too much bravery into coverage......and then he threw an absolute dime for a TD. Great throw.

Reactions: Cougzz
Tinsley looks ok so far but two questionable throws that should have been picked. Will be interesting to see how he looks as the game goes on. TD Crimson Cougs though.
One of those "questionable" throws on 3rd and 7 on the replay looked pretty accurate. Probably shouldn't have thrown it, probably should have been picked, but showed his accuracy.

Tinsley and Gordon looked solid and Gardner Minshew comes in will only add to the depth. Doesn't feel like a top of the list issue at this point.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
One of those "questionable" throws on 3rd and 7 on the replay looked pretty accurate. Probably shouldn't have thrown it, probably should have been picked, but showed his accuracy.

Tinsley and Gordon looked solid and Gardner Minshew comes in will only add to the depth. Doesn't feel like a top of the list issue at this point.

Agree that Tinsley showed good velocity and accuracy on the throw you referenced. Gordon and Tinsley both look solid enough to be ok. Looking back a few years ago, neither looked like Peyton Bender where it was obvious that he was nowhere near as good as Falk in the Spring game. Given the amount of snaps that they gave to Cooper, I still think Leach sees him as the starter in 2019. Whether he plays in 2018 is questionable and frankly, I won't be sad if he sits for a year and learns before he suits up.

Max Borghi is legit and we are lucky to have him. Cammon Cooper is super raw but go ahead and pencil him in as the starter by 2019. Moves well, strong arm, glorious hair.
Agree on Borghi. He’s CM 2.0 and will be instantly in the rotation. Cooper is incredibly sound in his mechanics as a freshman and has a live arm. We will see how long it takes him to start seeing the field well. Hes thinking a lot right now which is to be expected at his age. When he gets it, he’s got a chance to be special.

In the meantime gotta feel good about to Tinsley and Gordon. They both look solid.

Also, we got some kickers too! These kids are nails! With the punter coming in ST should be solid!

Also Markoff is my new favorite Coug! Can we please see some goal line sets with Markoff leading the way for Borghi??

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
The secondary looks really really green. Perhaps it’s the new schemes, I don’t know, but it’s concerning to say the least; particularly with a thin defensive line.

Reactions: Cougzz
The secondary looks really really green. Perhaps it’s the new schemes, I don’t know, but it’s concerning to say the least; particularly with a thin defensive line.
During a normal game QB's won't have as much time to throw. They did look a little lost though. It's a good thing they have 11-12 to choose from. That's deeper than any other position.

Cooper looked better than advertised and Borghi must have been a nightmare for high school defenses.

So how did the D line look? Did "pono" look promising. I always want to hear about the d line and how are they progressing? I live too far away to make a scrimmage game.

BTW, Pac-12 coverage is terrible. They have had numerous errors on their on-screen graphics (we lost to #15 Colorado 41-14 in our final game of the regular season apparently) and they said that an incomplete pass went through the hands of the intended receiver......a defensive back. Apparently, WSU played all of their home games at Joe Albi from 1950 to 1983.

Par for the course on spring game broadcasts. D team announcers, and probably production crews too. Maybe they let interns from the communication schools run the show?

There was a clip on KREM in Spokane last night that showed the 2012 and 2018 Albi Spring Game crowds...major drop in fan numbers. I checked out the clips of the UW scrimmage and their numbers were also down. But I won a t-shirt, so it’s all good.

Reactions: dgibbons
I watched a couple minutes of the Husky and UCLA spring "games". They were pathetic on the parts I watched. It was like watching a regular practice or warmup before a game.

Just want to go on record that I TOLD YOU SO; the qb position is going to be fine. WR is looking good too, as long as Sweet continues to grab everything thrown his way.

OL is going to be interesting once big boy football starts - hopefully enough progress will be made to keep our guys healthy.

Considering how high power and potent our offense is supposed to be, I'm fine with the D being behind them every spring. That being said, they left a lot to be desired yesterday. Not much pressure from the DL; LBs... were they even on the field? And I think enough has already been said about the secondary, or lack thereof.

I found it interesting that there wasn't a peep regarding TH yesterday - and I'm fine with that. Lets make one final gesture at the home opener and then let these young men move on with their lives. Hell, I'm even second guessing doing that, lest it get in their heads.

The Defense made me worry . I see Cougs having to win high scoring games. Nothing new for Leach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT