ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium stuff…

Coug90

Hall Of Fame
Jan 17, 2012
Interesting. Another school downsizing their stadium. Northwestern’s stadium will now be about as big as WSUs capacity (I’m sure much nicer with the modernization. Hopefully they dont forget the pissers like OSU:

Clearly he’s smarter than all of the admin at a top rated University.

Wonder if NW knows yet they are about to get replaced by Rice.
Speaking of Rice, it still has a 70,000-seat stadium from a bygone era when it used to be in the SWC and dating back to before the Oilers were even in town. This is pretty close to what a WSU/Utah State game in November would look like if they added the 30,000 low-value seats some want. Yeah, I know the recruits tour the stadium (sometimes) when nobody is around, but they also probably turn on the TV when the team they are considering is playing.

AF1QipNkk3rtw21AP0ocbtCAz4DX_HC9PnI0y6uRgxF-=s680-w680-h510

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Speaking of Rice, it still has a 70,000-seat stadium from a bygone era when it used to be in the SWC and dating back to before the Oilers were even in town. This is pretty close to what a WSU/Utah State game in November would look like if they added the 30,000 low-value seats some want. Yeah, I know the recruits tour the stadium (sometimes) when nobody is around, but they also probably turn on the TV when the team they are considering is playing.

That was probably taken during the intramural flag football championship game........

Can’t believe Rice hasn’t pulled the trigger yet on jumping to a new conference. Huge stadium, their phones must be ringing off the hook!

i didn’t look at the deets of this…$800M!!! That’s insane. They must be doing damn near and entire blow up and rebuild? I’d love to see how this pencils out, especially decreasing capacity by 25%.

i didn’t look at the deets of this…$800M!!! That’s insane. They must be doing damn near and entire blow up and rebuild? I’d love to see how this pencils out, especially decreasing capacity by 25%.
Northwestern alumni are rich as hell. This is nothing to them.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
They’re on a 250 year depreciation schedule.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

Rice Bowl.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
1/2 funny.
This is kind of interesting. So, on one hand, we have the Michigan's and Ohio State's and most of the SEC packing these big stadiums. On the other hand, it is the TV money ripping the PAC apart. And everyone else. Doesn't matter who is in the stands. All about butts in their couches or the bar or whatever. I don't really have an opinion here, just musing.

Biggs is going to tear them a new one.
The thing that Big body, no brain doesn’t understand is supply/demand when it comes to ticket sales. Adding 40,000 seats to Martin would stifle demand and result in less attendance. There would never be an incentive to buy tickets in advance. Even for the biggest of games, there would never be over 50k attendance.

We absolutely need a canopy! I can possibly see additional seating being added to the east endzone to enclose it but having that canopy would do wonders for the game day experience.

We absolutely need a canopy! I can possibly see additional seating being added to the east endzone to enclose it but having that canopy would do wonders for the game day experience.

We had club seats for the Stanford game and watching the game under the cover of the overhang and out of the rain was pretty great.

During the furd game, my wife and I moved from the northern side (sec. 24) to the southern side under the overhang to avoid the rain and it WAS very nice.

Thought it was interesting to see that Nebraska is reducing their stadium capacity from 90,000 to 75,000 with their new renovation. Weird that our local nutjob is the only one thinking that bigger is better.

https://apple.news/Ar9y6sAIBSneFDmvTapBQeQ
I always thought Nebraska's stadium (never been there) was sort of an atrocity. Gigantic end zone seat sections. Funny though that they want to reduce the size even though it has sold out for what - decades? Another example I guess of butts on the couch watching TV vs in the stands. Meanwhile the SEC programs and Ohio State and Michigan still pack 'em in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT