ADVERTISEMENT

***STANFORD @ WSU GAME THREAD***

If that wasn't conclusive, neither should have been overturning the INT return. Terrible.
I mean I'm starting to wonder here. Are we expected to just keep taking a fall for the conference?

Hogan is running WILD while the refs are niggling over our picks, saying they're not picks, and overturning Stanford turnovers, saying they are in fact not turnovers for us. I mean this is like freaking points shaving here by the refs; it's insane, and it's not new this game or even this year.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I mean I'm starting to wonder here. Are we expected to just keep taking a fall for the conference?

Hogan is running WILD while the refs are niggling over our picks, saying they're not picks, and overturning Stanford turnovers, saying they are in fact not turnovers for us. I mean this is like freaking points shaving here by the refs; it's insane, and it's not new this game or even this year.

After Hogan time,,,,it's Cool Armed Luke time..

The lack of pass interference was a worse call IMO>
The guy had his hands in the air to block the vision of the receiver.
Now Stanford has scored again and it's only a 2 point lead.
Going to be an interesting 4th quarter .

Luke throws a pick. Honestly that non-turnover-turnover the refs gave back to Stanford has started a chain reaction of Stanford scoring that will now imminently give them the lead.

Hey Brock, like ya pal - but care to rethink your silly statement that it won't decide the game? Because it's looking like it just did.

Somebody needs to wreck that big BYU-looking dork Kevin Hogan - he's running wild and gets down like a tight end on every tackle; throwing a shoulder out there. Make him freaking pay every time he cuts loose

Even that 3rd and 1 spot to open the 4th quarter was crazy generous.

I absolutely hate to be THAT guy but it's just looking to me like refs are looking at our history expecting us to roll over and bite the pillow so Furd can keep the machine going. Not a conspiracy - just that when you're a crummy team (or assumed to be one) you get the benefit of the doubt on NOTHING.

Hogan goes in to make it 27-22. Stanford now ROLLING.

Watching the "one arm being held" defensive pursuit go unflagged is... well... expected?

Then that's not a "play stands" call.
I also don't know how that could be possible. McLennan was on his BACK in-bounds. McCaffrey was a barrier between McLennan and the out of bounds line - maybe I missed something but this just doesn't seem possible.

I also don't know how that could be possible. McLennan was on his BACK in-bounds. McCaffrey was a barrier between McLennan and the out of bounds line - maybe I missed something but this just doesn't seem possible.

I think it was the "call stands" as in Stanford ball. McClennan was on his back without complete control of the ball. His left foot goes out of bounds before wrapping it up. It was laying on him however. It won't matter anyway, the Cougs have 2 more touchdowns in them for the win.

Take a look at this offside which goes uncalled in the 4th. We end up getting a TD anyway but with no 2-point conversion

IMG_3789.jpg

Take a look at this offside which goes uncalled in the 4th. We end up getting a TD anyway but with no 2-point conversion

IMG_3789.jpg

He didn't touch anyone, so he was allowed to get back. If a Cougar would have moved or the ball snapped, then it would have been called.

This young Cougar team is in tough against a seasoned senior Stanford team.
Youth let Stanford get 17 points in 4 minutes but the Cougs have bounced back to take 28-27 lead with about 8 minutes left.
No matter who wins this exciting game the Cougs have proved their worth.

Stanford playcalling is utterly predictable, as we saw in the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan State. But can we defend them constantly alternating between McCaffrey & Hogan for the next 7 1/2 minutes? They know what they're going to do, we know what they're going to do... can we stop them?

Stanford playcalling is utterly predictable, as we saw in the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan State. But can we defend them constantly alternating between McCaffrey & Hogan for the next 7 1/2 minutes? They know what they're going to do, we know what they're going to do... can we stop them?
Opportunity #1: Yes.

Hogan gesturing for the PI..."c'mon refs, you're not letting us have this...". Waiting for Luani to come up and floor him...

After his 3rd down incompletion, Kevin Hogan is still standing out on the field waiting for a flag.

Go sit down, punk. New sheriff in town and all that.

Cougs lead by 1 with an opportunity to BURY them here. PLEASE... get 7!!

Reactions: wulffui
OK that was a COMPLETELY spastic play by Luke Falk to take a sack there on 3rd down

But refs bail us out with a defensive holding call - I'll take it... and they'll STILL owe us a handful of calls.

Dom Williams with a RIDICULOUSLY UGLY drop there. Mein Gott! That is not a Leach reception right there...

First down drop becomes second down interception. Ugh. But let's make a play of our own.

Yes, the missed catch by Williams led to a safer throw (at least it appeared) and the Stanford player made a good play.
It's almost better if Stanford scores quickly and then the Cougs will have one last chance to score.

Okay seriously WHAT WAS THAT HANDOFF?

Stanford has a 3-man rush and we try to go lateral?

Now it's 4th - thank Criminy we convert

no way in hell does the review crew give this ball to us. What a perfect way to gift the game to stanford.

Cougs have burned over a minute going about 18 yards... my heart is about to beat out of my chest.

Luke wants to give this game away so badly now with a handful of turnovers or attempted turnovers

If refs don't overturn this, it's cooked.

Guys in the booth drive me NUTS on controversial calls. I like Brock but as they await calls, they do the worst kind of CYA - "It definitely looks like X, but it could be Y. Oh, it was Y? That's what I thought. Oh, it was X? I thought that, too. Great call by the officials there."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT