ADVERTISEMENT

***STANFORD @ WSU GAME THREAD***

FG missed.
Stanford wins but it was a great game.
The Cougs will learn from this and it will give them more confidence in future games.

Team is 5 - 3 with two more homes game so getting to a bowl is probably going to happen.

Congrats to Stanford. They are a solid team.

I set my laptop down on the remote right as Powell was winding up and it changed the channel.

I guess that's fine - special teams strikes again.

Is that fair? He already made several. I guess it's unfair if it's good enough for you to get to the big finish line and s--- your pants.

way to not center the ball you ****ing ****s. I am so sick of losing winnable games... **** moral victories.

Yes, I've been drinking. Apologies . I know this will get deleted. Sorry to the mods for having to censor me. Biggest fg since 2001 USC game

FG missed.
Stanford wins but it was a great game.
The Cougs will learn from this and it will give them more confidence in future games.

Team is 5 - 3 with two more homes game so getting to a bowl is probably going to happen.

Congrats to Stanford. They are a solid team.
Agree. I just wish so many G--D---N heroic Coug efforts didn't end in losses - seems like it's all we know the last few years

You wound up losing by two in a game where the refs gifted Stanford a field goal, because (explanation redacted).

Pretty balls.

Guys in the booth drive me NUTS on controversial calls. I like Brock but as they await calls, they do the worst kind of CYA - "It definitely looks like X, but it could be Y. Oh, it was Y? That's what I thought. Oh, it was X? I thought that, too. Great call by the officials there."
agree. Brock is so neutral on the radio, but not so much on tv. their Stanford bias was infuriating... as was the replay booth's

take away that field goal they got after the no-called strip by Ivan and that's our game.
I set my laptop down on the remote right as Powell was winding up and it changed the channel.

I guess that's fine - special teams strikes again.

Is that fair? He already made several. I guess it's unfair if it's good enough for you to get to the big finish line and s--- your pants.
You jinxed him by saying we were going to win before the kick--everybody knows you don't jinx the kicker before the kick.

Ok seriously though, special teams was half our points, no f'ing way you put that on Powell.

take away that field goal they got after the no-called strip by Ivan and that's our game.

You jinxed him by saying we were going to win before the kick--everybody knows you don't jinx the kicker before the kick.

Ok seriously though, special teams was half our points, no f'ing way you put that on Powell.
I don't put the GAME on Powell. I don't even put the game on the ST unit. But I do look forward to the day when we have an ST unit that can perform under pressure, rather than one who is pretty much AUTOMATIC to s--- the bed with the game on the line.

Stanford knows they dodged a BIG bullet there. Thanks refs. Thanks, 4Q kicking unit.

I felt worse about that. This just tells me you've got a real team. I was not optimistic for the kick, though.
Nope. And you're starting to see why Leach NEVER wants to put the game on his ST unit. Well, I guess you started seeing that around 2012...

I don't put the GAME on Powell. I don't even put the game on the ST unit. But I do look forward to the day when we have an ST unit that can perform under pressure, rather than one who is pretty much AUTOMATIC to s--- the bed with the game on the line.

Stanford knows they dodged a BIG bullet there. Thanks refs. Thanks, 4Q kicking unit.
Law of averages says he's not going to make every one--it sucks that the miss comes on the last one, but turn one of those field goals into TD's and it's no national playoff for stanford. Powell is the reason we're even in this game to the last seconds.

I will say it is quite a difference reading the WSU boards as opposed to the Georgia boards.

Georgia expects to win every game every year, so there is only one direction to go: down.

As bent out of shape as I get about ST miss after ST miss costing us games, the mood on this and other Coug boards is so zen and optimistic - perhaps because there is only one direction for us to go: up.

Sneaky eff job: the bad spot on Harrington's screen that looked like a first down... but turned into two more plays and 40+ seconds in a game you ended on their 25. Man...

Law of averages says he's not going to make every one--it sucks that the miss comes on the last one, but turn one of those field goals into TD's and it's no national playoff for stanford. Powell is the reason we're even in this game to the last seconds.
I hear you. But I don't think a guy can be blamed for asking the ST unit to come through with the game on the line, even while appreciating what got you there. History is a graveyard of anonymous teams who had great-looking losses like this, because one part of the team didn't click for the full 60 minutes. After a decade of being buried like that, I'm ready to step into the limelight.

I will say it is quite a difference reading the WSU boards as opposed to the Georgia boards.

Georgia expects to win every game every year, so there is only one direction to go: down.

As bent out of shape as I get about ST miss after ST miss costing us games, the mood on this and other Coug boards is so zen and optimistic - perhaps because there is only one direction for us to go: up.
Georgial... really?

They are going to can their coach after this season... how's that going to work out for them?

Sneaky eff job: the bad spot on Harrington's screen that looked like a first down... but turned into two more plays and 40+ seconds in a game you ended on their 25. Man...
I've thought the same thing all season. In general I think the spots have been atrocious in P12 this year, and it's not just the Cougs. But as long as they're bad, I'd like to see fewer than 80% of them go against us...

I hear you. But I don't think a guy can be blamed for asking the ST unit to come through with the game on the line, even while appreciating what got you there. History is a graveyard of anonymous teams who had great-looking losses like this, because one part of the team didn't click for the full 60 minutes. After a decade of being buried like that, I'm ready to step into the limelight.
likewise, I hear you--nobody likes losing like that. I would put this more on the offense than ST though--they left A LOT of points off the board, and Luke's INT's gave them enough points to eek that one out..

I've thought the same thing all season. In general I think the spots have been atrocious in P12 this year, and it's not just the Cougs. But as long as they're bad, I'd like to see fewer than 80% of them go against us...
OMG... the spots. On that last drive. Are you kidding me? I am sooooooooo over p12 officiating. So bad, so bad.

Yes, I had forgotten about getting robbed of 25 seconds on that debacle. Gawd they were horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT