ADVERTISEMENT

***STANFORD @ WSU GAME THREAD***

I'm on the eastcoast and apparently we're not allowed to see this game. Apparently we need to agonize over every last second of unranked Miami @ #22 Duke rather than a nationally top team in Stanford against an up-and-coming team in WSU.

I've never seen anything like this. A top 10 team (Stanford) is visiting an up-and-coming team in the P12 and we are still waiting for a decision on two (soon-to-be) unranked teams from the ACC. This is beyond bizarre. And infuriating.

Also, just one drive but it appears the weather is going to be a huge factor. Falk looked terrible.

The drops I'm seeing in this game are nuts. Cracraft? What is going on? 4 possessions, including 2 on takeaways, and just 3 points

This team isn't built to play in poor weather... Too bad because we are wasting a great defensive effort

Defense is playing absolutely LIGHTS OUT right now. We've often seen that in the first quarter or two. I'm going to be VERY impressed if it continues through the end of the game.

Weather is hurting both teams on offense but it hurts the Cougs more.
Wide receivers are not getting separation from D-backs.
Coug Defense playing great.
Can't really figure out what will happen in this one if the offenses don't get on track.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still expecting some massive goofs on D - but what I'm seeing right now is like peak Alabama. It's insane. Loving it.

We're only about 20 minutes into this game but it's been a LONG time since we've looked this competitive against Stanford.

Called might be overturned based on that review.
That said the Cougs are really bringing it defensively and the offense is starting to get it together.
Need a 3rd down stop here.

Stanford's drive extended by what looks like a 50/50 DPI call on the Cougs.

Naturally, broadcasters discuss what a genius call it was - which makes it seem to me that broadcasters are pretty much told to swing on that D unless the violation is insane; i.e., not-even-playing-the-same-sport foul.

Weather is hurting both teams on offense but it hurts the Cougs more.
Wide receivers are not getting separation from D-backs.
Coug Defense playing great.
Can't really figure out what will happen in this one if the offenses don't get on track.
Opposite. The Cougar D has been an utter boom/bust proposition all year, with an impressive number of TFL's, but so many 15-20 yarders. This weather won't let them get up to the speed they need to cause a bust. And Hogan... yikes.

The utter GRIT I am seeing by the Cougs is an attitude I haven't seen this team play with in YEARS.

ANOTHER SACK ON HOGAN

I CANNOT WRAP MY HEAD AROUND THIS COUGAR D

WHERE DID THESE GUYS COME FROM

IT IS AMAZING

I will never understand why a runner in college goes down for a first down, and then they just let the clock run for 3 more seconds every play

Cougs lead 12-3 at half

I just don't know what I'm watching

I was thinking about bed at half (it's past midnight on the east coast) but now... no way

Cougs lead 12-3 at half

I just don't know what I'm watching

I was thinking about bed at half (it's past midnight on the east coast) but now... no way
Whoaaaaa!! deep breath!!! What if this thing ends up 21-14??? Cougs...of course!!!

Listening to Wichusen lament the Cougs kickoff strategy while Huard says nothing tells me Brock has watched more of our ST.

Wow that one overeager P12 ref who called the Falk forward pass a turnover needs to be put on a watchlist.

Looking like 15-3 Cougs.

Coug D goes 35+ minutes of game clock before giving up the first TD

15-10 Cougs now - let's hope the offense answers speedily and this isn't the beginning of the end

Cougs can't afford to panic here.
Stanford came up with a nice QB keeper but now the Cougs have seen it and the next time Hogan runs you hammer the guy.
Still 15-10 WSU.
Let's see if the offense can keep the chains moving.

Is Stanford running a little bit of the cockamamie defense-delay here? This is about the 3rd time I've seen one of them go down - then go back in the game - when we get rolling.

I don't want to get carried away here but...

We are a quarter and a half from taking the lead in the PAC North

We are a 1.375 games away from winning the North

And we are 2.375 games from winning the P12 - after losing to PDX State

Coug D with their THIRD takeaway of the game

Ivan McLennan

I can't believe what I'm watching

***AND THESE S-FOR-BRAINS P12 REFS LET IT STAND. COUGS GET EFFING SCREWED - mark another one for the refs. DAMN this conference needs to get its S right with officiating

Update: they get 3 off it. Note that if the Cougs lose this game by 3 or less, it was THIS call that did it

I'm guessing they ruled that McClennan didn't have complete control of the ball when his foot hit out of bounds. Which I think sucks but is probably the correct call.

Coug D with their THIRD takeaway of the game

Ivan McLennan

I can't believe what I'm watching

***AND THESE S-FOR-BRAINS P12 REFS LET IT STAND. COUGS GET EFFING SCREWED - mark another one for the refs. DAMN this conference needs to get its S right with. officiating
That was... really beyond. I mean, the ball was already loose UP TOP. Nuts. But, no TD.

If that wasn't conclusive, neither should have been overturning the INT return. Terrible.

The explanation Brock buys into - or, rather, is fed as a 'state' announcement by the booth - was so cockamamie.

"His foot was out of bounds while McLennan was trying to possess the ball" essentially. THAT'S NOT THE RULE DIPS--- It's whether McCaffrey lost possession before HE went out of bounds

As we speak, refs appear to miss a couple of defensive penalties against stanford - offside and DPI. Incredible. Do they have money on this game? 4th down and a punt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT