ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid NCAA "Emergency" rule passed

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
I posted about his when it was pending and got little interest - posters are too busy feeding mutt trolls I guess.

Anyway the rule is now official per (reputable sports) link below. Still don't get it. On the first part, is this a change? Weren't they already eligible (to practice, etc.) immediately? And what does "play immediately" mean when followed by "can't play for a second school in the same year"?

A new NCAA transfer rule will allow all undergraduate athletes to transfer and play immediately if they meet specific academic requirements, as the Division I Council on Wednesday approved emergency legislation announced by the NCAA.

The rule will provide immediately eligibility to any athletes who have transferred during the 2023-24 academic year, including the football players who entered the transfer portal Tuesday and during this window

The legislation will not limit the number of times an athlete can transfer -- and there are still two transfer windows -- but they can't transfer midyear and play for a second school in the same season.

When does the four years of eligibility get thrown out the window?

Why not just make it a lifetime of learning and collecting NIL checks?

Drew Timme would still be in Northern Quest ads.

Pretty much everything about college sports is stupid nowadays so all this rule change does is add another layer.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT