ADVERTISEMENT

Thank God for the bye

Coaches really need to evaluate who can play and who can't on D. I saw more from Hobbs, Kwete and Brock than I did from starting DL. Utah D at home is a really tough matchup for us. Gordon needs to involve Max more. Kid is really good.

Coaches really need to evaluate who can play and who can't on D. I saw more from Hobbs, Kwete and Brock than I did from starting DL. Utah D at home is a really tough matchup for us. Gordon needs to involve Max more. Kid is really good.
Brock is a special teams player at best on most pac 12 teams. Most disappointed in Taylor and Nambdi. Some defensive leaders needed to step up with Pelleur graduating and nobody did. Don’t know what the F those guys were doing over the summer but they managed to regress. The entire secondary is trash...Strong is so so but with no pass rush he struggles too.

Gordon needs to stop worrying about talking shit and breaking records and hand the ball to Borghi when there’s a light box. He got served a giant helping of humble pie tonight, hope he chews on it for the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: 79COUG
If you're gonna make a QB change, the bye week is the best time to do it. Just saying...

The team doesn't need a passer. Which sounds just as dumb reading it as it does writing it.... Especially for the qb position in the air raid offense.

The team needs a play caller and someone that can make plays with their legs.

I have seen enough of Leach's 1 dimensional offense. It has to expand. It is no longer enough to just coach your kids to throw through the 8 bodies in coverage. You have to grow your scheme to attack the defense in other ways.

Times have changed. He needs a QB that can make plays with his legs to loosen the coverage. He needs a scheme that can run the ball between the tackles to loosen the defensive scheme. Either he is too stubborn to change, too stupid to see it, doesn't know how to implement it or some combination of everything.

I have never been a fan that's said "this coach isn't gonna win the big one." Mike Leach will do more for Cougar football than any coach before him and maybe even after him too. To take his team to the next level he has to adjust. He isn't doing it.

Reactions: 79COUG
If you're gonna make a QB change, the bye week is the best time to do it. Just saying...

The team doesn't need a passer. Which sounds just as dumb reading it as it does writing it.... Especially for the qb position in the air raid offense.

The team needs a play caller and someone that can make plays with their legs.

I have seen enough of Leach's 1 dimensional offense. It has to expand. It is no longer enough to just coach your kids to throw through the 8 bodies in coverage. You have to grow your scheme to attack the defense in other ways.

Times have changed. He needs a QB that can make plays with his legs to loosen the coverage. He needs a scheme that can run the ball between the tackles to loosen the defensive scheme. Either he is too stubborn to change, too stupid to see it, doesn't know how to implement it or some combination of everything.

I have never been a fan that's said "this coach isn't gonna win the big one." Mike Leach will do more for Cougar football than any coach before him and maybe even after him too. To take his team to the next level he has to adjust. He isn't doing it.
There's nothing to adjust. We've had 4 weeks to make adjustments. We don't have the personnel on defense. We've failed to recruit. You can have all the Bye's and adjustments in the world, we just don't have the right guys, for this conference. Big Sky, yes.

6-6 or 7-5.

There's nothing to adjust. We've had 4 weeks to make adjustments. We don't have the personnel on defense. We've failed to recruit. You can have all the Bye's and adjustments in the world, we just don't have the right guys, for this conference. Big Sky, yes.

6-6 or 7-5.

You are correct. They can't do much about the personnel on defense unless they're redshirting kids that can play now.

What they can do is get better at TNT's. Takes No Talent. They have to get the defense lined up correctly, adjusting to motion correctly, knowing their assignment and not blowing their assignment, being in position and playing as hard as possible. Will it be enough? Dunno. But it won't look as blatantly bad on the back end with kids running wild through blown assignments.

They took too many kids that needed to develop while vets played in front of them. There are no vets. They're putting guys out there that aren't ready yet, if at all, and it shows.

You are correct. They can't do much about the personnel on defense unless they're redshirting kids that can play now.

What they can do is get better at TNT's. Takes No Talent. They have to get the defense lined up correctly, adjusting to motion correctly, knowing their assignment and not blowing their assignment, being in position and playing as hard as possible. Will it be enough? Dunno. But it won't look as blatantly bad on the back end with kids running wild through blown assignments.

They took too many kids that needed to develop while vets played in front of them. There are no vets. They're putting guys out there that aren't ready yet, if at all, and it shows.

But now that they're out there...might as well give them experience. They need to sell some ready for prime time players on defense. If Oregon State can do it...and they are..WSU can sell it even better.

Reactions: BiggsCoug

Big, mean and tough. All we have is skinny, small and fast. I don't think it's possible to compete at this level except for Oregon State and Stanford, as we've said before. It's shocking that we've failed to recruit.

Big, mean and tough. All we have is skinny, small and fast. I don't think it's possible to compete at this level except for Oregon State and Stanford, as we've said before. It's shocking that we've failed to recruit.

There is no speed on defense. Skinny and small I agree with. Not fast. We have seen speed on defense at WSU. At LB, DT, DE and DB. There is not 1 of these kids that shows any speed.

If you were a 4 or 5 star defensive player that wanted to play for 3 years and leave for the NFL, WSU is the school. You will have 27 PAC 12 games for the NFL. You will start a minimum of 36 games. Graduate high school early, get enrolled for spring ball, compete and get ready. You're gonna play right away. There is no one else. Hell, let's say you're a 3 star DB that KNOWS football and is a fast learner. You're on the field right now. The other kids get lined up and then the 3 ring circus starts. Just knowing where to go will get you in the two deep. Not having a purposely take a guy down for a PI call instead of 6 points will win you a starting job.

There’s more to what’s going on than just a talent issue. There are multiple complete busts in coverage. Guys are open 5-10 yards.

The defensive line didn’t look *that* bad to me. Why the coaches kept repeatedly dropping into coverage on 3rd and 10+ made absolutely no sense.

There is no speed on defense. Skinny and small I agree with. Not fast. We have seen speed on defense at WSU. At LB, DT, DE and DB. There is not 1 of these kids that shows any speed.

If you were a 4 or 5 star defensive player that wanted to play for 3 years and leave for the NFL, WSU is the school. You will have 27 PAC 12 games for the NFL. You will start a minimum of 36 games. Graduate high school early, get enrolled for spring ball, compete and get ready. You're gonna play right away. There is no one else. Hell, let's say you're a 3 star DB that KNOWS football and is a fast learner. You're on the field right now. The other kids get lined up and then the 3 ring circus starts. Just knowing where to go will get you in the two deep. Not having a purposely take a guy down for a PI call instead of 6 points will win you a starting job.
Yeah. My bad. Meant NOT FAST!

Reactions: BiggsCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT