ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Mike Gundy...

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
now maybe people will say "Cowboy'd it" instead.

Wow. Sh!t the bed, p#$s down both legs, Cowboy'd it... however you want to say it, that was pathetic. I've not seen defeat stolen from the jaws of victory like that since the CMP era.

Stunning.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
I watched most of that game and couldn't agree more. OK State could do whatever it wanted on offense and its defense could have made Texas even more one-dimensional. Still found a way to lose.

I didn't see much of the game, and anytime you lose the turnover margin by 4....you SHOULD probably lose the game. But I'd be hopping mad as a Cowboys fan about the pass interference call in favor of Texas on 3rd and long in overtime. It looked like the receiver tripped over his own feet and went down. Certainly there was no contact above the waist by the DB. With new life because of the call, instead of a likely FG attempt, UT was able to score a TD on a subsequent play. I'm seeing a lot of really questionable PI calls in my limited viewing of college football this year. I can only imagine how Pac-12 refs will be calling things.

Glad Cougar

I didn't see much of the game, and anytime you lose the turnover margin by 4....you SHOULD probably lose the game. But I'd be hopping mad as a Cowboys fan about the pass interference call in favor of Texas on 3rd and long in overtime. It looked like the receiver tripped over his own feet and went down. Certainly there was no contact above the waist by the DB. With new life because of the call, instead of a likely FG attempt, UT was able to score a TD on a subsequent play. I'm seeing a lot of really questionable PI calls in my limited viewing of college football this year. I can only imagine how Pac-12 refs will be calling things.

Glad Cougar
Was just talking to someone about CFB refs yesterday. Why are they so impressionable with the crowd?

Watched a couple games Saturday in which a receiver tripped, no foul, but throws his hands up, crowd boos, and here comes a yellow PI flag SAILING out of the secondary 5 seconds after the ball is dead. Ref saw nothing, but thought the crowd was judging him, and BAM - here's your flag. Did I do good?

Reactions: random soul

Glad Cougar
TX had the mo at that point, not sure OSU could have come back regardless.

But to your point, the B12 refs were making the P12 refs look like all-stars with the ticky-tack PI calls. That OT call was the last in a long string of them.

Was just talking to someone about CFB refs yesterday. Why are they so impressionable with the crowd?

Watched a couple games Saturday in which a receiver tripped, no foul, but throws his hands up, crowd boos, and here comes a yellow PI flag SAILING out of the secondary 5 seconds after the ball is dead. Ref saw nothing, but thought the crowd was judging him, and BAM - here's your flag. Did I do good?

This has always pissed me off. Seems to burn us all the time. No flag on the field, the crowd makes some noise, and the flag comes flying in a couple seconds after the play ended. This is a big component of HFA. Of course, in this case, this was in T. Boone, so that wasn't an issue. It was one of the most lively crowds I've seen this year and they were making a good amount of noise on perceived non-calls hurting Okie State.

I’d just like to point out Kasey Dunn is OK State’s OC - the same Kasey Dunn who was supposed to be CMPs wing man in Bama and also served as an assistant in 2002 in the backwards pass Apple Cup debacle.

So, no...not surprised as Cowboying It at all. Plenty of precedent F’ing things up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT