ADVERTISEMENT

The amount of new offers is alarming

He has to win. If he loses, he will find out what media pressure is. If he rolls out to the Keys after spring ball and doesnt come back until a week before the season starts, he better win a division title.

His act is only going so far down there. He is a juco coach that made it big. Now he is in the big time competing with big time schools with big time dollars and coaches. Change your ways or get smoked.

Leach is a juco coach? This has to be the dumbest post I’ve ever read in this forum, and there is some good competition. Congratulations Sir!

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
What’s even funnier is a guy like Sponge, who has gotten kicked off 4 times, still comes back on here with a different names.... yet gives people shit for being on here.

Somewhere Tron has this whole 3 page thread saved ready to exploit him down the road.

Wrong again. You complain about whether a play worked or not, without knowing anything about match ups, game plan, tendencies, execution or anything else. If a play doesn’t work you complain about it not working and say it was a bad call and something should have been called. Totally result oriented.

It’s not surprising you are complaining about an offense that was 11th in scoring and 7th in yards.

And it's not surprising you are so afraid to criticize Leach that you continue tow the company line.

My argument is that we could have been better on offense...but the "Yes Man" in you gets your panties in a bunch with any criticism of Leach.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
What’s even funnier is a guy like Sponge, who has gotten kicked off 4 times, still comes back on here with a different names.... yet gives people shit for being on here.

Somewhere Tron has this whole 3 page thread saved ready to exploit him down the road.

Like I give a sh!t about Tron.

I come on here every few months. Dblithers starts posting at 6 am and continues all day every day until about 9 or 10 pm. I mean this is a fun little distraction...but that's ridiculous.

I'm sure you'll try to dox me like you always do but that didn't work out too well for Yaki.

Leach is a juco coach? This has to be the dumbest post I’ve ever read in this forum, and there is some good competition. Congratulations Sir!

Bart, Biggs said at the end of this year that the Coug Defense was good enough to win the Pac12. It was Leach’s offense that held WSU back.....That’s #1

We only had one three and out against Air Force.

You are complaining about situational execution.

Do you have proof? I am pretty sure there was one in the first half and 3rd quarter.

And yes, situational execution/playcalling matters.

As much as I loved Price...and still do...his situational playcalling drove me nuts on more than a few occasions.

Do you have proof? I am pretty sure there was one in the first half and 3rd quarter.

As much as I loved Price...and still do...his situational playcalling drove me nuts on more than a few occasions.

That three and out in the third quarter was the only three and out all game for the offense. Look it up yourself.

And it's not surprising you are so afraid to criticize Leach that you continue tow the company line.

My argument is that we could have been better on offense...but the "Yes Man" in you gets your panties in a bunch with any criticism of Leach.

You’re doing the same thing now. We could have been better, with nothing more. Your hindsight is indeed 20/20. Congratulations.

That three and out in the third quarter was the only three and out all game for the offense. Look it up yourself.

I disagree..but not going to argue minutiae.

Would you say the offense was great against Air Force? Or UW? Or Cal?

That's 25% of our games...and my argument is we could have done better with our weapons. Not sure why that triggers people. Perhaps I should have started with a trigger alert.

This once otherwise rational thread has managed to redefine rock bottom.

Again.
I’m a glass-is-half-full guy, so from my viewpoint the fact it took 3 1/2 page before it spiraled down the drain during the off-season when there isn’t anything else happening is pretty impressive

Reactions: CougEd

Proof? If only you had a device that could fit in your pocket that gave you access to the internet....

So could the person whose defense you are coming to. I told him to prove that we didn't have 2 three and outs and he refused.

So you’re relying on your own refusal to look something up on the internet to prove yourself right. That’s rational. Would you even look at the play by play if someone spoon fed it to you?

And since you’re all about the imponderables, you know what could have been a whole lot better last season? The defense. It could have not been total crap.

Reactions: Coug1990
I disagree..but not going to argue minutiae.

Would you say the offense was great against Air Force? Or UW? Or Cal?

That's 25% of our games...and my argument is we could have done better with our weapons. Not sure why that triggers people. Perhaps I should have started with a trigger alert.

You disagree with an emperical fact. One only needs to look up the drive chart from the game.

We can debate whether or not offensive tweaks would have kept Gordo from fumbling, or led to scores on the three drives that ended on downs. What I won't entertain is someone claiming we had multiple three and outs in a game where we only punted once.

You disagree with an emperical fact. One only needs to look up the drive chart from the game.

We can debate whether or not offensive tweaks would have kept Gordo from fumbling, or led to scores on the three drives that ended on downs. What I won't entertain is someone claiming we had multiple three and outs in a game where we only punted once.

You stating something doesn't make it a fact. And maybe the drive I remember in the first half was a turnover on downs as opposed to a 3 and out. Same result. If you want to argue that point you are really just splitting hairs.

So you’re relying on your own refusal to look something up on the internet to prove yourself right. That’s rational. Would you even look at the play by play if someone spoon fed it to you?

And since you’re all about the imponderables, you know what could have been a whole lot better last season? The defense. It could have not been total crap.

The defense could have been better? No kidding. That is stating the obvious. No need to spend time arguing that.

No, I don't want to look at the replay of the game. It was an eyesoar nor do I really care enough to look it up. Etown called me out and I told him to prove my assertions wrong and he refused. Burden of proof is on him if he wants to say I'm wrong.

For someone who doesn't care what I think or what I post, you sure do seem to care here.

The defense could have been better? No kidding. That is stating the obvious. No need to spend time arguing that.

No, I don't want to look at the replay of the game. It was an eyesoar nor do I really care enough to look it up. Etown called me out and I told him to prove my assertions wrong and he refused. Burden of proof is on him if he wants to say I'm wrong.

For someone who doesn't care what I think or what I post, you sure do seem to care here.

“Intentional ignorance and refusal to educate myself is bliss.”

-sponge

“Intentional ignorance and refusal to educate myself is bliss.”

-sponge

I don't consider looking up a something as meaningless as proving whether we had 1 or 2 three and outs educating myself. It still doesn't change my argument that our offense wasn't great. We needed to score every possession because our D was garbage...and we didn't...against a weak defense.

I don't consider looking up a something as meaningless as proving whether we had 1 or 2 three and outs educating myself. It still doesn't change my argument that our offense wasn't great. We needed to score every possession because our D was garbage...and we didn't...against a weak defense.

“An offense ranked 11th in the country in scoring and 7th in yardage isn’t great.”

-sponge

“An offense ranked 11th in the country in scoring and 7th in yardage isn’t great.”

-sponge

Great offenses don't turn the ball over like they did against UCLA and others. We were 3-6 in conference, and we had a great statistical year, save the turnovers.

-sponge

Here is what we put up in 4 games in 2019:

13 utah
20 cal
13 UW
21 air force

We sucked in 25% of our games. If you call that great, go right ahead.

Good, most of the time. Not great.

Trigger Warning: But we could have been.

Great offenses don't turn the ball over like they did against UCLA and others. We were 3-6 in conference, and we had a great statistical year, save the turnovers.

Great offenses still put up 63 points despite 6 turnovers.

Here is what we put up in 4 games in 2019:

13 utah
20 cal
13 UW
21 air force

We sucked in 25% of our games. If you call that great, go right ahead.

Good, most of the time. Not great.

Trigger Warning: But we could have been.

“I have to ignore 75 percent of the data to prove myself right.”

-sponge

“I have to ignore 75 percent of the data to prove myself right.”

-sponge

"I have to ignore 44% of the scoring results in conference play which excludes the cupcakes of New Mexico State etc that I chose to use in my argument to prove myself right."

-dblithers

"I have to ignore 44% of the scoring results in conference play which excludes the cupcakes of New Mexico State etc that I chose to use in my argument to prove myself right."

-dblithers

If you’re referring to the Cheez It bowl, that wasn’t a conference game. But what’s really fascinating is that what you’re doing is basically saying the offense failed to meet your expectations. You’re not looking at what the offense actually produced.
Again, if you want to play make believe and talk about what could have been, it makes zero sense to ignore that steaming pile that was the defense. In sponge fashion, I can cherry pick a few plays on the defensive side and say it could have been better. You want to argue that the offense should have been an A+, because an A wasn’t good enough and ignore that the defense was an F. Had the make believe happened on the defensive side and just been below average at a C- it makes a much bigger impact on the GPA.

Running the ball more wasn’t the solution.

If you’re referring to the Cheez It bowl, that wasn’t a conference game. But what’s really fascinating is that what you’re doing is basically saying the offense failed to meet your expectations. You’re not looking at what the offense actually produced.
Again, if you want to play make believe and talk about what could have been, it makes zero sense to ignore that steaming pile that was the defense. In sponge fashion, I can cherry pick a few plays on the defensive side and say it could have been better. You want to argue that the offense should have been an A+, because an A wasn’t good enough and ignore that the defense was an F. Had the make believe happened on the defensive side and just been below average at a C- it makes a much bigger impact on the GPA.

Running the ball more wasn’t the solution.

Ok...so I'll amend the statement to say conference games plus bowl games. Better?

To be more specific our offense sucked in 33% of our conference games and 44% of our conference games + bowl games...since you like to split hairs.

Apparently you can't read because I keep saying our defense sucked. Not sure why you keep bringing that up as I'm not arguing that point.

Ok...so I'll amend the statement to say conference games plus bowl games. Better?

To be more specific our offense sucked in 33% of our conference games and 44% of our conference games + bowl games...since you like to split hairs.

Apparently you can't read because I keep saying our defense sucked. Not sure why you keep bringing that up as I'm not arguing that point.

Your selective use of make believe is illogical. The place to wave the “could have been better” magic wand was on the defensive side.

Last edited:
This once otherwise rational thread has managed to redefine rock bottom.

Again.
LOL If you think that this one is the worst then you haven't been paying attention, Remember "The Flu Causes Broken Collarbones"? Now there was a classic. And it never did reach its true depths as Scott drove a stake through its heart after about ten pages of illogical and pointless bickering. This one is showing signs of being a contender though. I'll give you that.

Reactions: spongeworthy12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT