ADVERTISEMENT

The Apple Cup

Coug-Vandal

Hall Of Fame
Jan 7, 2003
While the Cougs have lost 7 straight to the Dawgs the only other team the Cougs have a losing record against in that span is USC who we are 2-3 against. Our losing streak in the Apple Cup is way out of kilter with our record against every other Pac-12 team. Clearly time for this anomaly to end.

Hopefully we have a coach (interim or not) who understands to take what they give you. These guys have been run on by everyone…..we have two legit running backs. No excuses for not gaining 200+ on the ground and not letting them change momentum with picks. Run!

Last week was the first time in forever that we had more rushing attempts than passing. For this game, that trend needs to continue
When you have really good players, get the ball in their hands. Max, DM, CJ, Travell. Makes it damn tough on the defense. We will not see the same UW defensive approach we have in years past because Max and DM will gash them all day.

Reactions: 79COUG
Even though Arizona is objectively terrible, it is telling that last week was our biggest margin of victory this year.
Exactly. WSU fans don't need to apologize for how we win conference games. Arizona had played well vs. UW, Cal, and Utah leading up to our game, and all of the so-called internet experts said to take Arizona and the 15.5 points, as it was easy money.

I was there last week, and what I liked most about the game was that it played out the way good teams typically grind down lesser teams. We didn't bury them right out of the gate, but there wasn't any panic. They were stopping our running game early, and rather than abandon it, we made adjustments to it. We identified opportunities with delayed runs and pitch plays, and hit some big play-action hitters. For me, that was more telling than blowing them up in the 1st quarter and coasting to the finish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT