ADVERTISEMENT

The D will Rise and Shine...

UCLA is arguably the toughest challenge for the defense over the last 3 games and playing in LA comes with it's own set of built in distractions. Should be fun under the lights!

UCLA is arguably the toughest challenge for the defense over the last 3 games and playing in LA comes with it's own set of built in distractions. Should be fun under the lights!

I am not sure I agree. UCLA has earned their 4-2 Pac 12 record because they won the games. But, their current 3 game win streak has come against three bad football teams with a combined conference record of 3-15.

I am not sure I agree. UCLA has earned their 4-2 Pac 12 record because they won the games. But, their current 3 game win streak has come against three bad football teams with a combined conference record of 3-15.
UCLA always has talent and they are multi-dimensional. Hopefully they end up the easiest of the 3 game stretch but either way it should be a good game.

UCLA always has talent and they are multi-dimensional. Hopefully they end up the easiest of the 3 game stretch but either way it should be a good game.

The one good thing is that Rosen is not much of a threat to run the ball. He can run like Falk to get a first down, but it is not a strength of either of them.

What are the built in distractions of LA? Walden used to make that excuse that so many of his players were from that area and their friends/family were a distraction. Seemed like a flaky excuse to me...as most excuses are though.

What are the built in distractions of LA? Walden used to make that excuse that so many of his players were from that area and their friends/family were a distraction. Seemed like a flaky excuse to me...as most excuses are though.
We have a lot of California kids so it's always possible "going home" can be a distraction. With this team I tend to doubt anything would cause an issue because they are focused on the task at hand an dialed in.

Distraction ? I think that is a silly excuse. If anything going home is extra motivation to lay it all down for the WIN !!

We have a lot of California kids so it's always possible "going home" can be a distraction. With this team I tend to doubt anything would cause an issue because they are focused on the task at hand an dialed in.
On the other hand, "going home" can also work in our advantage because if I'm playing in front of my family and my friends, then I'm super focused to give my best, most intense performance I can possibly give.

One thing that must help our defense psychologically is that they go into games without the pressure of having to completely shut down their opponent. They can give up a big play or a couple of scores early like last week, but have faith that the offense will rally back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT