ADVERTISEMENT

The Facebook news on Ward being a Top Free Agent Target is hilarious.

Cougini5591

Team Captain
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2022
The number of people thinking Ward is worth $1,000,000 and being the best QB to pickup is crazy.

I will stop giving money to the Cougar Collective if we try to match.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Cam is a nice kid but man, I really hope the million dollar NIL deals are legit.
He really is a nice kid. That’s a big reason why I like him. When we stormed the field after Wisconsin and Oregon State, he was so great with all of the young kids. That matters to me.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Texas A&M is paying Jimbo Fischer $70 million not to coach there. I’m sure there’s a handful of schools who think $1M is a worthwhile investment for Cam (A&M supposedly being one of them). He is a nice kid and I think he gave his all for WSU. If that’s what he wants I hope he gets his bag and good luck to him.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
The number of people thinking Ward is worth $1,000,000 and being the best QB to pickup is crazy.

I will stop giving money to the Cougar Collective if we try to match.

Dickfore is the last person that should be giving out $$$ to qb’s. He doesn’t have a damn clue what he is looking at.

Who is the GM for WSU football now???

Multiple People with actual jobs IN college football, each making multiple millions per year are offering Ward 7 figures to come play based on his tape.

You, “NOT” making a single dime in college football for your “expertise”, with nothing on the line, cannot understand it.

Perhaps this is why the market values your football expertise at $zero.

They are all free agents
Yup. And so what if he doesn’t pan out or even get the nod at one of those schools. They are dumping 10s of millions into coaches who are no longer coaching, a $1M for a flyer on a QB with talent and experience is nothing to them. If another kid beats him out so be it, he’s still getting his $1M which is a small price to pay for insurance.

Call me naive, but how does he already have multiple NIL deals lined up if he's under scholarship at WSU and the portal doesn't open until next week? Isn't this tampering? Or, are we all just kind of throwing our hands up and saying "to hell with it" at this point?
of course it's tampering, CJD has already stated that he's seen ithappen with his players previously. The NCAA is doing nothing about it

Yes, clearly this is clearly tampering.

It’s going on everywhere with no control or consequences.

I suspect the offers flooded in after the UCLA loss which is when the wheels suddenly fell off.
Call me naive, but how does he already have multiple NIL deals lined up if he's under scholarship at WSU and the portal doesn't open until next week? Isn't this tampering? Or, are we all just kind of throwing our hands up and saying "to hell with it" at this point?

Yes to your last question.

NIL is outside of school and/or NCAA control. People can contact him with whatever offers they want, and whatever conditions they want. It's not tampering until the other school contacts him and says 'if you come play for us, we'll have Mr. Hobert pay you.'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT