ADVERTISEMENT

This is EXACTLY why I will always give the F to uw

Cougini5591

Team Captain
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2022
So many flocking to Facebook to talk about "their" team and "their" greatness.

You know how many of the "husky fans" never even took a single class there?

If it weren't for me trying to control all of this bottled up anger and disgust... I would call them all out publicly.

You know you never went college let alone fuw right?

You know your parents let you have fuw clothing because it was clearance at Kmart right?

If it weren't for me trying to control all of this bottled up anger and disgust... I would call them all out publicly.

You know your parents let you have fuw clothing because it was clearance at Kmart right?
Realistically, who gives a shit? Why can you only root for a team from your own school?

I never went to EWU, but rooted for them to win a title. Didn’t go to OSU, but I’ll root for them to win 11 games a year. I detest the ducks, but wanted them to beat UW.

Never lived in Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle, or Jacksonville, but at different times I’ve rooted for the raiders, 49ers, Seahawks, and jags.

Attendance is irrelevant.

Honestly...you gotta give credit where credit is due

If they had different color jerseys I think people would change their tune

To do what they did with an average defense is extremely impressive...and with by all accounts good kids and a coach who is not a dick

Realistically, who gives a shit? Why can you only root for a team from your own school?

I never went to EWU, but rooted for them to win a title. Didn’t go to OSU, but I’ll root for them to win 11 games a year. I detest the ducks, but wanted them to beat UW.

Never lived in Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle, or Jacksonville, but at different times I’ve rooted for the raiders, 49ers, Seahawks, and jags.

Attendance is irrelevant.
I don’t have a problem with the rooting. You want to root for a team in your geography or state good for you. If you decide to insert yourself into another teams board to talk shit you can go F off with your CC diploma. There’s a difference between the two.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
I don't like that mindset. I feel like if WSU had the opposite mindset and was out trying to get as many fans as possible whether they attended WSU or not (and didn't hold up their nose like so many blame UW for doing) then the situation wouldn't be so dire in terms of finding a conference.

You want as many fans as possible to buy your merch, attend your games and be involved because that = $$$

Reactions: mikalalas

Kinda funny you post this. Wearing my Coug shit constantly, I get this "oh you are a Coug fan?" My standard response is no, I'm a Coug. There is a difference. Talked to this older gal tonight outside of Walmart, Coug plates in tow on her car. Banged on her window. (not her Julie). If you have Coug plates, you must be a real Coug. Not a "Coug fan". Suppose I should pony up and get some myself. For her age, she was actually kind of - oh shit can't go there thanks to the Ed and Stretch board police. You guys suck.

Don't feed me any shit on how people can cheer on whatever team they want to.

It's 100% doo doo when you pick the supposed big boys and have zero to do with them, but still try to act like its your blood.

Fake as fake can get.

Simply trying to use it so someone at the Tavern/bar pays for your 2nd drink because the rest goes to the woman living at a different address with 3 kids... only 1 is yours

Honestly...you gotta give credit where credit is due

If they had different color jerseys I think people would change their tune

To do what they did with an average defense is extremely impressive...and with by all accounts good kids and a coach who is not a dick
I think if they threw more screen passes people would change their tune.

(Please forgive me, I couldn't resist 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot
Kinda funny you post this. Wearing my Coug shit constantly, I get this "oh you are a Coug fan?" My standard response is no, I'm a Coug. There is a difference. Talked to this older gal tonight outside of Walmart, Coug plates in tow on her car. Banged on her window. (not her Julie). If you have Coug plates, you must be a real Coug. Not a "Coug fan". Suppose I should pony up and get some myself. For her age, she was actually kind of - oh shit can't go there thanks to the Ed and Stretch board police. You guys suck.
Board police? Seriously, BOARD POLICE??? Never been called that before, and I have been called many things here. Generally I am the one being "policed".

Only "policing" I recall would be giving you some advice on how to avoid all the razzing from the inmates here. Which was only because you were whining about taking so much crap about your exploits with the little general.

I don't like that mindset. I feel like if WSU had the opposite mindset and was out trying to get as many fans as possible whether they attended WSU or not (and didn't hold up their nose like so many blame UW for doing) then the situation wouldn't be so dire in terms of finding a conference.

You want as many fans as possible to buy your merch, attend your games and be involved because that = $$$
Bullshit. We only want fans that support adding 30K seats. The rest are losers and we don’t need them.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Board police? Seriously, BOARD POLICE??? Never been called that before, and I have been called many things here. Generally I am the one being "policed".

Only "policing" I recall would be giving you some advice on how to avoid all the razzing from the inmates here. Which was only because you were whining about taking so much crap about your exploits with the little general.
OK buddy. how about peace. I promised not to wax on about my women. Working on that. I think you are all just jealous. I would be. As far as my younger drunken exploits (driving or otherwise). I will never make any apologies.

Another fun story. So out on the backroad between Roundtop and the highway, WSU had or has a cow/horse stable slash pasture. So me and a buddy were out there, totally illegal, hunting ground squirrels. They are pretty much gone these days I think. I had my .22 Ruger pistol out and actually shot one of those rodents literally on the run. Magical shot.

Cut me some slack?

I get both sides of the fan, Coug issue.

My Dad is a WSU alum, went to WSU to become a math teacher, and grew up in Palouse, went to the WSU games with my grandfather, has always been a huge Coug, Coug fan, took me to WSU games for years, taught for 23 years.

Me and my family overall have bled crimson and gray. Sometimes we have been more active, sometimes less active cougs, Coug fans.

Lack of money has been a big reason, why haven't been as active as could be(Junior High Math Teachers don't get paid much.)

I never went to WSU. I would have gone to WSU and would have tried to get into the Edwin R Murrow school of Journalism, or into a Computer Science Networking Web programming program.

But I wasn't very good at Math(Pre Algebra, Algebra, Pre Trig, etc, is about as far as I went in Math(I know strange for son of Math Teacher).

Also my Small Rural High School didn't prepare me that well for a college like WSU, etc, so I had to settle for a Community College.

Now reason went into this, is there are some who would say, that just because I didn't go to WSU, that I am not a true WSU Coug, Coug fan, don't bleed crimson and gray, etc.

Well I and others disagree with that. I am a Coug, a Coug fan, bleed crimson and gray, etc.

You don't have to goto WSU, be a alum, etc, to be a Coug, Coug fan.

You just have to not be a bandwagon fan, and be at least semi committed, semi connected, participate, etc, etc.

And WSU needs both Cougs, Coug fans, and even the so called bandwagon fans, as more cougs, Coug fans, even bandwagon fans, etc, equals MORE MONEY, and the better WSU will be.

WSU, coaches, players, Cougs, Coug fans, etc, can't afford to be stuck up, nose up in air, snobby Cougs, Coug fans, etc, AND LOOK DOWN ON, etc, on Cougs, Coug fans, etc, just because either they are not alums, or are bandwagon fans, etc.

Stuck up, Snobby Cougs, Coug fans, etc, are MORE OFFENSIVE then Bandwagon fans.

Fortunately most Cougs, Coug fans, etc, are not Stuck up, Snobby, etc.

Rooting for UW for as a non attendee of the school or games is a bit like rooting for an English Premier League club. You dont have to go through the 'pain' of the team. You just get to live on the highs. If you root for one of the big clubs they are always on tv and are generally among the top teams in the league. If it's a down year for them they will buy new players and make another run towards the top. If you are an Everton fan your team might get relegated but you won't feel it much because your sports energy can be put somewhere else.

If the Huskies are good you can just ride the wave of positivity. Of they are 0-12 bad, you have the Seahawks to fall back on, Sounders season if necessary, Kraken starting up. You dont feel the pain. I remember in the late 80s and 90s in seemed like many folks who wore their Husky sweatshirt wore a Duke cap with it.

Maybe the same is true for WSU but the number of people that didn't attend WSU that are fans, I would guess, is quite lower. If they didn't go there their parents went there, their kids went there, or they grew up in the Pullman area. I'm sure there are outliers but not as many that "bleed crimson" compared to those that "bleed purple".

A Coug fan can't escape the pain. Especially those on the west side. Husky garb is everywhere to remind you that 'your team is inferior'. Those who live on the east side, I'm guessing don't have as strong of affiliation with the professional Seattle teams thus less distraction when the Cougs are no good.

My son, 20, (this board has been around in some form longer than him) doesn't go to school. He's a Coug fan. Probably bigger than I am right now. He does seasonal contract work and missed followed from afar this year. He was high as a kite when they were 4 - 0. He wanted to go to a game when he got back. Wanted to go to the Stanford game because it would be the last real Pac4 game. So we drove over for that debacle. He ended going with a buddy to the Colorado game. He's learning the ups and downs of being an invested Coug fan.

TLDR - I can't stand UW.

Rooting for UW for as a non attendee of the school or games is a bit like rooting for an English Premier League club. You dont have to go through the 'pain' of the team. You just get to live on the highs. If you root for one of the big clubs they are always on tv and are generally among the top teams in the league. If it's a down year for them they will buy new players and make another run towards the top. If you are an Everton fan your team might get relegated but you won't feel it much because your sports energy can be put somewhere else.

If the Huskies are good you can just ride the wave of positivity. Of they are 0-12 bad, you have the Seahawks to fall back on, Sounders season if necessary, Kraken starting up. You dont feel the pain. I remember in the late 80s and 90s in seemed like many folks who wore their Husky sweatshirt wore a Duke cap with it.

Maybe the same is true for WSU but the number of people that didn't attend WSU that are fans, I would guess, is quite lower. If they didn't go there their parents went there, their kids went there, or they grew up in the Pullman area. I'm sure there are outliers but not as many that "bleed crimson" compared to those that "bleed purple".

A Coug fan can't escape the pain. Especially those on the west side. Husky garb is everywhere to remind you that 'your team is inferior'. Those who live on the east side, I'm guessing don't have as strong of affiliation with the professional Seattle teams thus less distraction when the Cougs are no good.

My son, 20, (this board has been around in some form longer than him) doesn't go to school. He's a Coug fan. Probably bigger than I am right now. He does seasonal contract work and missed followed from afar this year. He was high as a kite when they were 4 - 0. He wanted to go to a game when he got back. Wanted to go to the Stanford game because it would be the last real Pac4 game. So we drove over for that debacle. He ended going with a buddy to the Colorado game. He's learning the ups and downs of being an invested Coug fan.

TLDR - I can't stand UW.
I have a buddy who went to WSU and wife went to UW. Kids are hardcore UW. They don’t go to the games or anything they just like them because of the success. I’d guess if WSU had dominated the AC for the last decade they’d be wearing Crimson and Gray. This is probably the standard for what you typically see. Most of these kids now will never attend UW because their resident admission rates are so much lower. Root for them with delight. Don’t go running your mouth to Cougs like you have anything to do with it.

Lot of those fans probably do more for their program donation wise than most of our alumni. So, who’s more of a “fan” then?

Lot of those fans probably do more for their program donation wise than most of our alumni. So, who’s more of a “fan” then?
There you go... perfect.

Buy yourself a fan membership.

And those are a whole different class of fusky assholes.

I hate them too, but they are better than the Bud Light 7/11 part time employees that drop quarters behind the store

There you go... perfect.

Buy yourself a fan membership.

And those are a whole different class of fusky assholes.

I hate them too, but they are better than the Bud Light 7/11 part time employees that drop quarters behind the store
As long as they don’t talk shit about my degree, I don’t care what football team they root for.

College football teams are barely related to the universities anymore anyways.

Reactions: Coug90

TLDR - I can't stand UW.
I've quit watching a lot of CFB and have been watching EPL on Saturday/Sunday mornings. Nice way to start my day and I have most of it left after the final match.

I feel more emotion watching my team's matches now than Cougar athletics.

I’ve never cared much what UW people say. I've always recognized UW as the best academic school in the state and WSU as the best place to attend school in the state.

I have zero regrets about my choice, as my degree and experience in Pullman has served me very well in life.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT