ADVERTISEMENT

This should do it for Kevin Sumlin

Transfer portal gonna be lighting up like a Xmas tree next year in Tucson.

Sumlin is awful. Rode Johnny Manziel to millions of dollars. What a country.

Cougs dodged a bullet on that hire. In hindsight, Wulff, Sumlin or Brady Hoke....what a selection committee.

Hard to believe that our search committee narrowed our list of candidates down to Sumlin and Wulff back in the day.

Hard to believe that our search committee narrowed our list of candidates down to Sumlin and Wulff back in the day.
...and Sumlin would have been an infinitely better hire than Paul Wulff. Sumlin would be an infinitely better hire than Paul Wulff today.

70-7 changes things a bit but I still think Zona may be strapped for cash. They rely on their basketball program for a lot of their revenue and aren’t getting squat unless the blue hairs in Tucson all donated their tickets this year.

70-7 changes things a bit but I still think Zona may be strapped for cash. They rely on their basketball program for a lot of their revenue and aren’t getting squat unless the blue hairs in Tucson all donated their tickets this year.

They have as much TV $ as WSU but with a big time basketball program. If they are strapped for cash they spent what they had poorly.

I’ve had root canals they aren’t so bad. I’m terrified of having a kidney stone.
^^this. I’ve never had either, but sign me up for a root canal tomorrow if it means avoiding a kidney stone. I’d take a root canal over 4-years of Paul Wulff, too. Kidney stone vs Paul Wulff? Flip a coin.

I’ve had root canals they aren’t so bad. I’m terrified of having a kidney stone.

They are horrific. If giving birth is anything like a kidney stone, women deserve sainthood.

The first one scared the living sh*t out of me. Spent the night in the ER hooked up to an IV. Since then have had a couple incidents properly medicated. Traveled with appropriate drugs and rode one out in Scotland. Not fun but tolerable.

It's not even passing the stone out of the body that causes the pain and discomfort. It's the stone getting lodged in the ureter which is the line between the kidneys and the bladder- the toxins back up into the kidney. Drink massive amounts of water because you don't want to deal with one of those things unless you're into mind-numbing pain and discomfort.

Sumlin is 9-20 at UA and would need to lose his next 20 games to match Paul Saban
Bigger problem than his record is that they’re not improving. Probably actually getting worse. I don’t know what their financials are likely, but if I’m at UA I’m looking for any way to dump him now.

Problem is...who do you replace him with? I don’t expect a real active coaching carousel this year, and I wouldn’t be real comfortable picking someone based on success this year. It’s not a job that’s desirable enough to pull a proven coach from another P-5 program, so You’re almost guaranteed to be forced into picking a coordinator with solid history. But if those guys were ready, they got promoted after 2019, so you’re looking at the ones who have question marks. No good answers...but the thing that’s certain is they need to move away from Sumlin.

They are horrific. If giving birth is anything like a kidney stone, women deserve sainthood.

The first one scared the living sh*t out of me. Spent the night in the ER hooked up to an IV. Since then have had a couple incidents properly medicated. Traveled with appropriate drugs and rode one out in Scotland. Not fun but tolerable.

It's not even passing the stone out of the body that causes the pain and discomfort. It's the stone getting lodged in the ureter which is the line between the kidneys and the bladder- the toxins back up into the kidney. Drink massive amounts of water because you don't want to deal with one of those things unless you're into mind-numbing pain and discomfort.
My wife tells me that men are babies, and we all whine about how much things hurt when we really have no idea what pain is. But she made childbirth look so easy (with a 9lb 10oz baby) that I think she’s just being sexist.

I've had root canals.

I've had kidney stones.

I'd put them about equal in their own way.

Sumlin was over-rated. I doubt that he is still over-rated. That program will not improve until he is replaced. But they are just as cash strapped as 80% of the schools out there, and they are going to cross their fingers and hope for at least one more season.

My mother in law said that kidney stones were worse than giving birth to her four kids. I cannot testify about giving birth but I can definitely state that kidney stones are a few magnitudes worse than root canals. Not even a debate. Root canals are uncomfortable, irritating, even painful, but they are over soon. Kidney stones can go on for quite a while.

Helpful hint for you all- when I had my first bout of kidney stones the urologist asked if a drank a lot of coffee. I didn't drink any coffee, but asked him why. He said that caffeine is a big contributor to causing kidney stones, so I immediately cut WAAAAY back on my intake of Mountain Dew. MD is now an occasional guilty pleasure rather than daily intake.

Painful kidney stones perhaps because the old man was afraid of the Culligan Man getting near your mom.

A root canal is infinitely better than a kidney stone. I'd rather avoid both.

They are/were both bad coaches.

Glad Cougar
You're hiring 2008 Sumlin not 2020 Black Sark
Sumlin would have been mediocre at best but not historically bad.
That would have meant
1. Jim Sterk isn't forced to find a job after 2009 because Sumlin is obvious failure.
2. That means no Bill Moos - Moos got out of the non-compete with Uncle Phil specifically to unplug the Paul Saban cult. (Need a high powered alum to fire an alum)
3. No Moos, No Ernie Kent
4. Jim Walden STAYS on the broadcast and if Sumlin is bad gets more say on the NEXT hire.
5. Jim Sterk if he stays, gets his hands on that Pac12 TV money instead of Bill Moos.
No football complex to be sure. Perhaps a second row tank for the woman's crew (to match the one he bought with tOSU buyout of the 2009 Seattle game).
6. Ken Bone gets a raise, if he leaves an assistant from his staff gets promoted or perhaps Cameron Half Dollar or whoever the Eastern or SU coach currently is.
7. Donnie Marbut stays and his resume now shows an NL MVP and a doctorate
8. Sumlin probably lands Bishop Skankey.
9. Gary Rogers doesn't suffer a broken neck. Jeff Tuel never shows up. Woodinville kid who won the open QB tryouts probably gets laid less in 2008
10. When Sumlin leaves around 2011 to 2013, Jim Walden has major say so over the next hire.
That means Paul Saban survived the EWU sanctions and is either thriving or at Utah State probably gets a Pac12 Network salary - say $1 to $2million.
No Todd Sturdy. Maybe Rosie as OC at $800k (with legal weed and liquor for sale at Walmart can you say Dennis Erickson Jr?)

Reactions: roses04

My mother in law said that kidney stones were worse than giving birth to her four kids. I cannot testify about giving birth but I can definitely state that kidney stones are a few magnitudes worse than root canals. Not even a debate. Root canals are uncomfortable, irritating, even painful, but they are over soon. Kidney stones can go on for quite a while.

Helpful hint for you all- when I had my first bout of kidney stones the urologist asked if a drank a lot of coffee. I didn't drink any coffee, but asked him why. He said that caffeine is a big contributor to causing kidney stones, so I immediately cut WAAAAY back on my intake of Mountain Dew. MD is now an occasional guilty pleasure rather than daily intake.

Whiskey and cocaine is still a staple though right???

Dont let us down.

Just to be clear, when I originally mentioned both root canals and kidney stones in the same breath....I wasn't equating the two. I've had both of them, too, and there is no comparison. Kidney stones = excruciating, indescribable, I'll tell you whatever you want to know if you'll make it stop, pain. Nonetheless, kidney stones may have saved my life. If not for checking into the hospital with one, a heart condition I didn't know I had may not have been diagnosed for quite awhile. All is good now, but I shudder at the thought of having another stone.

Glad Cougar

Kidney stones are absolutely awful. Last time I had them, they were able to count 7 different ones on the ultrasound. All just sitting inside my kidneys just waiting to torture me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT