ADVERTISEMENT

this team stinks

longtimecoug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
no pass coverage and gordon proved today that he is luke Falk redux, no Arconado and he stinks it up just as falk stunk it up without crayraft

Reactions: walzuu
How do you score 63 one week and 13 the next? Better look at who is calling the plays and distributing the ball. Im afraid AG just doesn't have the savvy or moxy that comes with a vet QB. How many more games can you lose scoring 13 points???

All that perimeter talent. Big time RB. 13 points. That's crap.

6-6

How do you score 63 one week and 13 the next? Better look at who is calling the plays and distributing the ball. Im afraid AG just doesn't have the savvy or moxy that comes with a vet QB. How many more games can you lose scoring 13 points???

6-6
agree, gabrud might be what we are missing leadership and toughness under fire

6-6
I have to say.. I’d take 6-6 in a heartbeat right now.

You have a guy with 10,000 yards passing on the bench. A guy that beat your team. I get it. AG won the starting job. AG is playing his way out of the starting job now.

WSU needs a QB that can call a run play with 5 in the box. Not keep throwing it into coverage.

This is what I expect from WSU football:
1) Well coached.
2) In shape and strong.
3) All day tough.
4) Ultimate effort.

I didn't list talent. Tell me, how many of the 4 did you see tonight?

Reactions: ATACFD
Air raid always has difficulty vs press cover defenses. Cal and UW will be a struggle as well. Gubrud might give us a better chance vs tough press cover teams cause he can run.

I have to say.. I’d take 6-6 in a heartbeat right now.

I like Stanford and Oregon State match ups. The rest of the games are a toss up. Will the team that scores 63 show up??? Cause then the defense can give up 62 and still win. Or will it be the team that scores 1 f*cking touchdown with its vaunted Air Raid offense??

1 f*cking touchdown.

You have a guy with 10,000 yards passing on the bench. A guy that beat your team. I get it. AG won the starting job. AG is playing his way out of the starting job now.

WSU needs a QB that can call a run play with 5 in the box. Not keep throwing it into coverage.

This is what I expect from WSU football:
1) Well coached.
2) In shape and strong.
3) All day tough.
4) Ultimate effort.

I didn't list talent. Tell me, how many of the 4 did you see tonight?

0 for 4. These guys are soft as marshmallows.

Reactions: ATACFD and walzuu
I do think that Utah might be the best team in the conference. Real tough at home. Still surprised to see it not be very competitive.

Air raid always has difficulty vs press cover defenses. Cal and UW will be a struggle as well. Gubrud might give us a better chance vs tough press cover teams cause he can run.

A running QB gives the AR another dimension. It doesn't have to be a ton of carries. It just has to be enough to force the defense to change. Whatever that number is, I dunno.

Same could be said about running the ball. Having a back of Borghi's talent and giving him 8 carries out of the backfield??? Fu*king stupid. And why does he have 9 catches??? If you wanna impact the defense give him 17 carries and let the receivers do their job.

Anthony Gordon is not good. All of our “decent QBs” back to the Wulff era ate up pre season bad teams and put up gaudy stats. Heard way to much about 2000 yards and 20+ TDS already. It’s been against nobody. Gordon locks on pre snap and routinely misses wide open routes because he doesn’t progress, only to throw into double coverage or dropped zone linebackers. His scrambling ability is not good either, routinely does the spin roll out when it’s not needed. He needs to keep his feet moving and step up into the pocket. He had 5 throws that should have been easy INTs and was lucky they weren’t. He cannot throw to both sides of the field either. He’s Halliday or 2016 Falk at best.

6-6 is a outlandish expectation at this point considering where the D is at. Claeys has gotta go, and the secondary coach has to go too. The development of our recruits has been sad, and the utilization of the talent we have possibly even worse and more baffling. There are guys on the sidelines who have talent to be all conference down the line and we’re running Justus Rogers out who can’t back a tackle until after the play is over. If we have the talent it should be on the field.

This year is going to be trying for a lot of people.

Not only do they stink in execution, coaching, toughness etc. there is no HEART on the majority of the team. If a team has no talent but plays with heart, I can handle getting beat a little better.
I watched a lot of the Oregon State v. Stanford game. OSU had heart. They had energy. They actually could have won the game if their field goal kicker hadn't missed a couple field goals. As it is, they lost a close one 31-28. We have more talent than OSU but I tell you, if we play the way we played tonight...OSU will beat us.

First, I agree that things aren't great right now.

However, y'all need to relax. Gordon didn't look good against Utah, but I'm betting that Utah looks good the rest of the season. The defense stinks, but Tracy Claeys was getting a lot of love from a lot of folks not that long ago. Maybe he'll earn back that love in the next couple weeks. The season is on life support but it's not over yet.

BTW, that weather sucked to watch a game in. My wife and I had watched five straight wins, so I guess we were due to see a loss.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
I think that Gabrud could be a big improvement. I know i have sang the same song almost every year. But hell Gordon was a backup for many reasons. But Leach is a stubborn man and will not make a change. Gabrud had great numbers the last few years but once Leach makes up his mind that s it. i said last week that people should forget the polls and worry about being a bowl team.Now people are seeing the light. Again the only consolation may be that the entire coaching staff will return next year.

I continue to be mind-boggled about the lack of running plays. With 5 and 6 defenders in the box give Max the damned ball. Quit trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. The good defenses have figured this out and usually beat us; yes, I mean the Mutts, along with this year's Utes. The commentators we're giving Utah credit for adapting their game plan from last year vs. the Cougs. Doesn't seem like Leach ever gamelans for the other team, just preaches "do your job and we win".

Don't get me wrong, I think Leach is a great coach. It's just maddening to see the Cougs do the same thing over and over that's not working and somehow expect a different result.

I think that Gabrud could be a big improvement. I know i have sang the same song almost every year. But hell Gordon was a backup for many reasons. But Leach is a stubborn man and will not make a change. Gabrud had great numbers the last few years but once Leach makes up his mind that s it. i said last week that people should forget the polls and worry about being a bowl team.Now people are seeing the light. Again the only consolation may be that the entire coaching staff will return next year.

I’m shocked that you don’t know how to spell the backup’s name.

I continue to be mind-boggled about the lack of running plays. With 5 and 6 defenders in the box give Max the damned ball. Quit trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. The good defenses have figured this out and usually beat us; yes, I mean the Mutts, along with this year's Utes. The commentators we're giving Utah credit for adapting their game plan from last year vs. the Cougs. Doesn't seem like Leach ever gamelans for the other team, just preaches "do your job and we win".

Don't get me wrong, I think Leach is a great coach. It's just maddening to see the Cougs do the same thing over and over that's not working and somehow expect a different result.

It isn't enough. He can gripe about the kids all he wants. They know either what he is teaching or what he is allowing. Right now, both of those things aren't very good.

Leach prob has a shot at 80 wins in 10 years, assuming he was here for 10. I think at the time a lot of WSU fans would've signed on for 80 wins in 10 years. What drives you nuts is the losses. It's not just that they lost to a better team. It's the level of unforced errors, mistakes, bad luck, bad calls, mind numbing Keystone Cop play... What in the bloody hell am I watching??? You walk away thinking if Leach could cut half of all the Mickey Mouse crap away they'd win 90 games or more in the same time!

I have never, never seen a school with so much vast coincidence and grand catastrophe happen to it. Consistently. Laugh or cry right?

It isn't enough. He can gripe about the kids all he wants. They know either what he is teaching or what he is allowing. Right now, both of those things aren't very good.

Leach prob has a shot at 80 wins in 10 years, assuming he was here for 10. I think at the time a lot of WSU fans would've signed on for 80 wins in 10 years. What drives you nuts is the losses. It's not just that they lost to a better team. It's the level of unforced errors, mistakes, bad luck, bad calls, mind numbing Keystone Cop play... What in the bloody hell am I watching??? You walk away thinking if Leach could cut half of all the Mickey Mouse crap away they'd win 90 games or more in the same time!

I have never, never seen a school with so much vast coincidence and grand catastrophe happen to it. Consistently. Laugh or cry right?

Just a tad of hyperbole here. How quickly the Wulff era is forgotten.

They’ve missed on too many guys on the defensive side. What’s concerning to me is guys like Shaver and McBath are not only struggling to coach guys up, but they’re not doing much on the recruiting trail either.

Just a tad of hyperbole here. How quickly the Wulff era is forgotten.

They’ve missed on too many guys on the defensive side. What’s concerning to me is guys like Shaver and McBath are not only struggling to coach guys up, but they’re not doing much on the recruiting trail either.

Hyperbole or fact. For every Nick Begg who developed into a solid starter....there was a Hendry or Mattox in the next class. Jalen gone, Moore gone. Out of all the RS Juniors from last year....Nnamdi is the only defensive player left on the field who came in as a scholarship player. That's not good. Way too many prospects that we listed on paper before the season that appeared to have depth and they seem to be or literally are Missing In Action.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT