ADVERTISEMENT

Top earners at WSU in the Athletic department agreed to take a 5%

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
pay cut....How would you have liked to be Chun asking Mike Leach for that???

pay cut....How would you have liked to be Chun asking Mike Leach for that???
MSU AD sending Leach to "Diversity University" was probably a warm up for asking him for some money back.

In 2008, Elston Floyd took a $100,000 pay cut and then a year later took another 5% paycut.

UW Mark Emmert at the same time told the UW faculty to "take a hike" when they asked if he would do the same.

Jay Inslee when asked for some money back (from his campaign not personally) to cover the extra WSP security detail (an estimated extra $600,000 to $2million) just said "we are following the law"

You’re A True Ass

Well at least you didn't dox me....No where did I say Leach would not give up his money. Leach in terms of material "things" doesn't strike me as he has a fascination with money or what it buys. I do think for him it represents what he thinks is his worth and what he has earned. And I don't think he would refuse to give up 5% of his earnings, but more about how one would approach Mike about it.

Are all you "Texans" this sensitive?

5% doesn’t impress me. If football season is cancelled or even delayed to the next calendar year the financial hit to the athletic department could be devastating. If that happens, the coaching staff will need to get serious about deferring or forgoing some of their contractually obligated salaries. At least if they want to save their golden goose they will.

Reactions: kougkurt
5% doesn’t impress me. If football season is cancelled or even delayed to the next calendar year the financial hit to the athletic department could be devastating. If that happens, the coaching staff will need to get serious about deferring or forgoing some of their contractually obligated salaries. At least if they want to save their golden goose they will.

EWU's coach and AD each took 10% cuts on way smaller base salaries.

EWU's coach and AD each took 10% cuts on way smaller base salaries.
University of Montana president donated 25% Of his salary back to the university. He makes $326,524.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/u...d8d9b54.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Not saying that others should do more. It’s their money and theirs to do what they want with. I do not begrudge them. I do find it interesting that someone at a smaller school donates so high a percentage. Perhaps it’s his military background (West Point, special forces). Or Montana is rubbing off on him :).

It is only symbolic at 5%. I guess it is at least eyewash. I would have announced it in a quieter, more humble manner...given that it is a relatively insignificant cut.

It starts to be leadership when it is a real number.

There will be a lot of businesses where the ownership cuts far more deeply than that.

I threw 30% at my partners. Then the SBA 7a loan came out and we were able to defer our cut, because we elected to not cut anyone else at this time. But at such time (if it should happen, and I suspect that it will, given the recession that we will face) as we cut others, we will have to cut ourselves. And 5% would be perceived as a joke. Sorry, but there is no other way to put that.

Does Bill Moos have any skin in the game yet???

Now that he has moved on to the big time and making double the money that his last job paid don’t you think he would count his blessing and contribute to his old school???

Does Bill Moos have any skin in the game yet???

Now that he has moved on to the big time and making double the money that his last job paid don’t you think he would count his blessing and contribute to his old school???
Schulz needs to send Chun downtown to check the WSU PO Box.

Maybe Paul Wulff's $20 has arrived.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT