ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Tinsley looks better than Hiliniski....IMO

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Good pocket pose. Looked patient. Looked sharp.

Hiliniski seems like he's trying to do to much. Seemed to want to run a lot. A little impatient.

It'll be a good battle to see who the #2 is.

Good pocket pose. Looked patient. Looked sharp.

Hiliniski seems like he's trying to do to much. Seemed to want to run a lot. A little impatient.

It'll be a good battle to see who the #2 is.
He's my underrated pick given his lineage and film while at JC. It could of easily been him who got a scholarship out of JC. Hillinski just needs to listen to his coaches and calm down a bit. Problem solving 101 is- do what you know for sure and then build upon that.

The TT initials are a bonus. I personally always root for the underdog. You love to see guys like Tinsley work hard and take risks to achieve success. He walked on after one year of JC football. Probably could have stay at Fullerton his sophomore year, got offers to play elsewhere, but took a risk to come up here.

From what I have read the last few weeks, Hilinkski has had a very good spring practice. Supposedly, he solidified his place as the number two QB. I taped the spring game and have not watched the game yet. Having not watched the game, there could be many reasons why Tinsley looked better that do not mean a thing. I can't comment yet.

Still, the spring game is just a glorified practice and one of fifteen. I would not take too much from the game.

From what I have read the last few weeks, Hilinkski has had a very good spring practice. Supposedly, he solidified his place as the number two QB. I taped the spring game and have not watched the game yet. Having not watched the game, there could be many reasons why Tinsley looked better that do not mean a thing. I can't comment yet.

Still, the spring game is just a glorified practice and one of fifteen. I would not take too much from the game.
With the back drop of other Pac12 team's highly regarded younger QB's not doing so well....a walk-on doing well speaks volumes for the coaching staff as well his response to the pressure presented and you'd have to admit..there's a little pressure. Remember CH's first scrimmage game? It's a good thing he finally responded well. Gomig into next year...what would be the harm in Tinsley pressuring Hillinski to perform well or looking better than the other scholarship QB's on the roster? On paper..you have Gordon or the freshman coming in. And what if Falk hadn't of looked so good when he earned a scholarship? From what I see...there's too many variables to rule out someone who performs consistently well and another year and half is a plenty of time to prove it.

I think THIS "hits it on the head".

I did watch the scrimmage and I thought Tinsley looked great. That's wonderful. We all love it when a young/new guy steps up and has a good showing. But I am seeing a narrative from some that seems to ignore the fact that it was ONE SCRIMMAGE and was later in the practice, when other younger guys were also in the mix. That's opposed to earlier in the practice, when more of the regulars were out there.

I'm reading things like he's "lining up to be the next Luke Falk" and that he's going to give Hillinski a battle for the #2 QB spot this fall.

That may well be?? Or maybe it was just a nice scrimmage against more of the depth type players?

Let me be clear - I LIKED what I saw from Tinsley. I hope he turns out to be "all that, and more". I just think we should give it a little more time before anointing him the "next Luke Falk", or slotting him into the #2 QB position. If that's the way it turns out - more power to him! If not, hopefully he will continue to work his way up the ladder and into the rotation at some point.

He definitely had an impressive spring scrimmage. That's for sure!

I still haven't watched the game. I will this weekend when I have more time. I was wondering if Tinsley played later in the game against depth players. Thanks for confirming that. We all like both players. Hopefully, we will see both this season, but only at the end of blowout victories when Falk is out of the game.

Next season is when we see who really is the best option to replace Falk.

I still haven't watched the game. I will this weekend when I have more time. I was wondering if Tinsley played later in the game against depth players. Thanks for confirming that. We all like both players. Hopefully, we will see both this season, but only at the end of blowout victories when Falk is out of the game.

Next season is when we see who really is the best option to replace Falk.

He did play in the second half. Factor in the roster was split relatively evenly, so it wasn't as if he was going against the No. 1 defense, and there was no blitzing. A couple of his throws were horrendous, with only the defenders having a shot at them (Jahad Woods should have picked one of them).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT