ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Hillinski

CPtheCoug

Head Coach
Jan 16, 2014
I am not trying to start a rumor here, but a few players have tweeted out that Tyler Hillinski has passed away (maybe suicide).

Right now unconfirmed, but enough people are talking about it to make me worried.

Poor young man, I hope none of this is true.

Edit: Confirmed... Story in the Seattle Times today.

Last edited:
I am not trying to start a rumor here, but a few players have tweeted out that Tyler Hillinski has passed away (maybe suicide).

Right now unconfirmed, but enough people are talking about it to make me worried.

. Appears to be true.

Edit: looks like the tweet was taken down...

Words can’t describe my feelings at this point.......

Stunned, shocked, sick at heart.

Sick is the only word I can use to describe how I feel. I have no words to describe the sympathy I feel for Tyler’s family. He couldn’t have been much more than 20 years old.

I just don’t understand.

No words. Was excited for next season to see Tyler set some records. Condolences to the family. Tragic.

Reactions: Coug1990
I'll never forget how excited and proud his family was after leading the team to an improbable win vs Boise State. It seems insignificant now....but I keep thinking of that. I'm sure they were proud of him for many things.

Last edited:
Damn. Damn. Damn. Sh!t like this makes you realize how petty so many arguments really are. I realize that there's nothing that we can say that will make up for the loss, but I feel like a family member passed away. He was, and always be, a member of our extended Cougar family.

Last edited:
Horrible. Saddest part is, whatever it was that made him do it might have seemed too difficult to bear for Tyler, is something he’d probably look back upon as entirely insignificant if only he could have gotten past it. Problems just seem so much bigger at that age...if only he could’ve seen how unimportant they are.

Raising twin boys myself, I keep replaying in my head how heavy the burden Tyler must have been shouldering. Boys/men are so misunderstood and under reached in the area of emotional expression and communication. This has hit me hard.

Sick to my stomach. Will say a little prayer tonight. Wish he could have gotten some help. Heartbreaking.

Reactions: Coug1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT