ADVERTISEMENT

University of Hawaii

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
needs a head coach and their Senator is arguing that he shouldn't make anymore than the Governor who makes something like $150,000 a year. Some might propose going FCS, but coaches like Baldwin make 212k a year. Good luck to Aloha State football.

Like Dr. Elson Floyd said, "athletics is the window to your university". He obviously got it. Hawaii's state Senator, not so much.

needs a head coach and their Senator is arguing that he shouldn't make anymore than the Governor who makes something like $150,000 a year. Some might propose going FCS, but coaches like Baldwin make 212k a year. Good luck to Aloha State football.

Honestly, I agree with the Senator. No football coach should be paid more than the Governor of any state. But, we do value sports more than we value politics. So, it is what it is. If you want a winning football program, you have to pay for it.

If the Senator doesn't want the university to compete, paying the coach $150,000 per year is a way to do that.

Honestly, I agree with the Senator. No football coach should be paid more than the Governor of any state. But, we do value sports more than we value politics. So, it is what it is. If you want a winning football program, you have to pay for it.

If the Senator doesn't want the university to compete, paying the coach $150,000 per year is a way to do that.

It all depends on your viewpoint. Is the Governor a concerned citizen who wants to "volunteer" their time to the state to make it better, or is he there for the paycheck? Coaches typically don't have any particular loyalty to the school they work for when they take the job. I will say that as a resident of Kansas, having an idiot for a Governor can cost more than a football coach can impact a football team. We went from being a prosperous little state with no budget issues to one with a hundred million dollar shortfall because the governor wants to make sure that business owners don't pay taxes. Maybe we should be paying them more to encourage good ones to do it.

I hope that they stick to their guns and keep the salary low. I don't want Joe looking that way.

I don't know...he's living in Hawaii. Making $150k and living in Hawaii sounds pretty swell to me.
Have you ever been to Hawaii?! A gallon of milk costing an arm and a leg. Cost of living?! A little studio apartment costing you yearly something similar to what he's being paid?! I'm honestly shocked he's being paid so little. I think the coach should be paid whatever the market allows. But wow… $150K for the governor is pretty… "meh" in that market.

Have you ever been to Hawaii?! A gallon of milk costing an arm and a leg. Cost of living?! A little studio apartment costing you yearly something similar to what he's being paid?! I'm honestly shocked he's being paid so little. I think the coach should be paid whatever the market allows. But wow… $150K for the governor is pretty… "meh" in that market.

I have been to Maui. I know the COL is high, but then your address is in Hawaii...

I have been to Maui. I know the COL is high, but then your address is in Hawaii...
I was just saying, 150K for someone that is in that environment… not good. And when you live there, the ocean, the beaches, etc aren't what they are to the mainlanders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT