ADVERTISEMENT

Utah STATE 45 BYU 20

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
Can the fricking POOCHES please play a good team away from Seattle!!!!?????!! WTF!

Utah State dropped 45 AT BYU.

yeah I feel the same BYU has been one of the biggest deceiving teams in terms of perception this year.

When they beat Arizona I thought huh BYU must be decent or Arizona is horrible (turns out the second)
Then Cal beat them and I was like wow Cal must be good.
Then BYU beat Wisconsin and I was like woah Cal must be better than I thought.
Then UW beat them bad and I was like hmm maybe UW really is good.
Then Utah Stats destroys them and I am like okay apparently BYU is trash and everyone they beat is Super Trash.

Reactions: kougkurt
yeah I feel the same BYU has been one of the biggest deceiving teams in terms of perception this year.

When they beat Arizona I thought huh BYU must be decent or Arizona is horrible (turns out the second)
Then Cal beat them and I was like wow Cal must be good.
Then BYU beat Wisconsin and I was like woah Cal must be better than I thought.
Then UW beat them bad and I was like hmm maybe UW really is good.
Then Utah Stats destroys them and I am like okay apparently BYU is trash and everyone they beat is Super Trash.
Speaking of which, this weekend against Colorado St is probably San Jose's last chance for a win this season

Speaking of which, this weekend against Colorado St is probably San Jose's last chance for a win this season

San Jose wasn’t ranked #20 when we played them. BYU is horrible and Utah state scored 10 more points than UW did against them. The good news is that UW goes to Oregon next week. Looking for Oregon to drop 35+. UW hasn’t shown an offense that can keep up with a dynamic offensive team like Oregon.

UCLA is terrible. Good luck in Eugene. We’ll see if your offense has enough to keep up.
UCLA has talent. I wouldn’t want to play them again anytime soon. Oregon at home with a week off to prepare and heal up will be tough.

I'm all for doggin the Dawgs. But we are snake eyes in the last 5, so complaining that they "haven't played anybody" when Oregon State took they continue to thrash us every year - and when OSU took us into the 4th quarter - is a sad exercise.

I'm all for doggin the Dawgs. But we are snake eyes in the last 5, so complaining that they "haven't played anybody" when Oregon State took they continue to thrash us every year - and when OSU took us into the 4th quarter - is a sad exercise.

Nonsense! Are you suggesting that the fact that UW plays in the same division of the same conference and that they’ve been routinely beaten us by 30+ is more than circumstantial?

Love how some of our fans feel that we are defined by the Apple Cup.....100% Coog mental weakness

We need our North Competitors to beat the crap out of one another so the Apple Cup, our last game, means nothing for them. The fact of the matter is that Uw hasn’t played anyone this year except Auburn. We need them to start playing real teams. That starts this weekend.

If UW goes into Oregon and keeps up with that offense, then we can all believe that UW is legit this year. Their offense is terrible when watching them struggle against a winless UCLA. Here is to Oregon giving them the beat down and propelling our game with Oregon into the highlight of college football!

Last edited:
UCLA has talent. I wouldn’t want to play them again anytime soon.
Love how some of our fans feel that we are defined by the Apple Cup.....100% Coog mental weakness

We need our North Competitors to beat the crap out of one another so the Apple Cup, our last game, means nothing for them. The fact of the matter is that Uw hasn’t played anyone this year except Auburn. We need them to start playing real teams. That starts this weekend.

If UW goes into Oregon and keeps up with that offense, then we can all believe that UW is legit this year. Their offense is terrible when watching them struggle against a winless UCLA. Here is to Oregon giving them the beat down and propelling our game with Oregon into the highlight of college football!

The UW’s offense did almost exactly what everyone has done to UCLA. The difference was that UCLA is starting to play better offense. And other than the Fresno game, they haven’t turned the ball over either.

I’m glad to have played them before they figure out how to play two good halves. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win 3 or 4 this year. Anyone who watched the game Saturday and thinks UCLA is awful doesn’t know football.

I don't think that our fans are defined by the Apple Cup.....but it sucks to lose to your rival every year and it sucks more when you aren't even competitive. I'd rather go 9-3 and lose the Apple Cup instead of 3-9 with an AC win but I wouldn't mind going 9-3 with an AC win.

I don't think that our fans are defined by the Apple Cup.....but it sucks to lose to your rival every year and it sucks more when you aren't even competitive. I'd rather go 9-3 and lose the Apple Cup instead of 3-9 with an AC win but I wouldn't mind going 9-3 with an AC win.

I agree with that. The good news for us, Claey’s is a mastermind with adjustments. He’s only given up 22 points all year in the 4th qtr. 15 of those points were against USC. Our Apple Cup in Pullman should be much different with Claey’s and A healthy Minshew.

The UW’s offense did almost exactly what everyone has done to UCLA. The difference was that UCLA is starting to play better offense. And other than the Fresno game, they haven’t turned the ball over either.

I’m glad to have played them before they figure out how to play two good halves. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win 3 or 4 this year. Anyone who watched the game Saturday and thinks UCLA is awful doesn’t know football.

Then you should agree with me whole heartedly. Saturday is the day UW either shines, or they quickly fade. I’m feeling the latter.

Then you should agree with me whole heartedly. Saturday is the day UW either shines, or they quickly fade. I’m feeling the latter.
I think Saturday sucks for us. Oregon has been beat like a drum in consecutive years, plays at home and had a bye. If we survive it, we REALLY shine. If not, we're still in the conference race.

Reactions: CrimsonDisciple

You’re so right. We should be able to point to the team that curb stomps us every year and accuse them of coming up short. That’s the real / true fan / non-loser mentality! Why earn bragging rights when you can have poor sportsmanship?

You’re so right. We should be able to point to the team that curb stomps us every year and accuse them of coming up short. That’s the real / true fan / non-loser mentality! Why earn bragging rights when you can have poor sportsmanship?

We’re discussing 2 of our 5-1 enemies in the confines of a fanatics website.... our 5-1 team is on a bye week and you call that “poor sportsmanship’? Oregon owns UW over the last 15 years....Oregon, ASU have UW’s number and UW has ours. Why do you have a problem rooting for Oregon whom we’ve beat 3 straight? It seems as though you have a deep down pleasure sensor that goes off when thinking of the color purple.

We’re discussing 2 of our 5-1 enemies in the confines of a fanatics website.... our 5-1 team is on a bye week and you call that “poor sportsmanship’? Oregon owns UW over the last 15 years....Oregon, ASU have UW’s number and UW has ours. Why do you have a problem rooting for Oregon whom we’ve beat 3 straight? It seems as though you have a deep down pleasure sensor that goes off when thinking of the color purple.
On the list of "bros" I can't hang out with: people with homemade backwards-hat-Calvin-ripoffs-peeing-on-their-archrival graphics. Because they're also the kind of guys who can't abide an honest discussion. And they drive lifted Rams with camo bug deflectors, and Truck Nutz hanging from the rear diff.

And yes, it's generally considered good sportsmanship to WAIT to downplay our rivals' success until our ass is no longer chapped from the last 5 beatdowns they gave us.

And yes, it's generally considered good sportsmanship to WAIT to downplay our rivals' success until our ass is no longer chapped from the last 5 beatdowns they gave us.

WTF? Chip, just admit your loins start to quiver in excitement when discussing our Purple rivals. Feel free to gush about them and defend them at every corner. But do that on the p()()ch site. This is the Coug board and we HATE them, period. Most everyone wants to see them lose tomorrow. If you don’t, that’s great for you. You can wait until we beat them before you say anything bad about them.... oh, and shave that beard, it’s weird.

I’m sorry, but Cougs commenting about UWs scheduling reeks of little brother syndrome.

Why we choose to comment on a program that routinely and thoroughly whoops WSUs ass is beyond me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT